Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By deduce
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I'm entering my last semester at school and have a spot open on my school schedule for whatever I want. I was going to take another networking class but decided I would enjoy learning some programming code. I just purchased a Touchpad and own a variety of other mobile devices (Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, Palm Pixi, Samsung Captivate, HTC Surround). Which programming language would the community suggest I learn. I'd like to pick one that would be helpful for most mobile platforms. I've been doodling ideas for apps and would like a chance to make and distribute them. Thanks.
    WebOS supports C & C++ through the PDK interface, and it generally supports JavaScript/CSS/HTML. Learning either of those would be beneficial. The one thing I don't suggest you do is try and learn the WebOS specific frameworks (Mojo or Enyo). That would be a waste of your time given the level of uncertainty and the way that WebOS has treated its frameworks in the past.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyuepik View Post
    WebOS supports C & C++ through the PDK interface, and it generally supports JavaScript/CSS/HTML. Learning either of those would be beneficial. The one thing I don't suggest you do is try and learn the WebOS specific frameworks (Mojo or Enyo). That would be a waste of your time given the level of uncertainty and the way that WebOS has treated its frameworks in the past.
    Thanks for the response. I've taken javascript/html courses before but it's definitely been awhile. I've never tried C or C++ so I think I'll give that a go.

EDIT: Just signed up for a C++ class. I had to get dean permission to enter the class since it's not part of my degree. Classes starts next week. Can't wait.
    Last edited by deduce; 08/24/2011 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Update
    nyuepik likes this.