Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zerobahamut View Post
    ok so linux is up the problem i am having now is that the screen resolution of xserver it seems goes below the keyboard how do i adjust it? i can not get to the taskbar
    The x server cannot auto-size to accommodate your keyboard, nor does it know what size keyboard you have. So, it assumes you're using XS (to maximize screen space). Simply change your keyboard to this size to see the entire X screen.

If you don't like using the XS keyboard size, and want to tell X to make the available screen size smaller to accommodate a larger keyboard, install "Tweaks" and use that to change the xserver's expected virtual keyboard size to your preferred size. Note that Tweaks also lets you turn /off/ reserving space for a virtual keyboard, which is useful for bluetooth keyboard users.

ATM you can only do this between X server invocations--not on-the-fly.

Hope this helps!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    any idea on how to set a wallpaper? i know its purley cosmetic
    In LXDE, if you have added right-click support (via my touch-and-hold method or other methods), you "right-click" on the desktop to set the wallpaper.

EDIT: You can also set this in the ~/.config/pcmanfm/main.lxde file
    I went throught the army of monkeys as well. I opened up WOSQI and went to linux command line, and entered all the commands, without any errors popping up.

C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\PALM>"C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc/novacom.exe" -d b914b2a3
    5e6d0afd1cd694bd080121abe6079031 -t open tty://
    root@VirusServer:/#
    root@VirusServer:/# mount -o remount,rw /
    mount -o remount,rw /
    root@VirusServer:/# mkdir -p /media/ext3fs
    mkdir -p /media/ext3fs
    root@VirusServer:/# mount -o remount,rw /
    mount -o remount,rw /
    root@VirusServer:/# echo "/dev/mapper/store-ext3fs /media/ext3fs ext3 noatime,d
    ata=writeback 0 0" >> /etc/fstab
    echo "/dev/mapper/store-ext3fs /media/ext3fs ext3 noatime,d
    ata=writeback 0 0" >> /etc/fstab
    root@VirusServer:/# mount -a
    mount -a
    I started xserver and a new card opens.....kind of a greyish screen with an "x" pointer

back to xecutah hit start ubuntu 11.04 Chroot go back to the card and it still looks the same. (grey screen)

I've gone through the whole thread and couldn't find anything, and I'm not sure what I'm missing. Appreciate the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    back to xecutah hit start ubuntu 11.04 Chroot go back to the card and it still looks the same. (grey screen)
    I would uninstall xectuah, xserver and xterm, reboot. Then re-install and it should work, this happened to me and that fixed it.
    ok thanks premiso will try that
    better progress now, but stuck again. i entered:
    apt -get update
    bash: apt: command not found
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    better progress now, but stuck again. i entered:
    apt -get update
    bash: apt: command not found
    "apt-get" is a single command (no space between "apt" and "-get")
    sledge007 likes this.
    lol I'm new with these linux commands so thanks for the help, and patience
    ok so i have easystroke open how do i setup the right click kinda lost... :/ lol sorry for asking so many questions thanks everyone for all of your help
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    A couple of questions:
    how do I set it so that the right-click and mount vfat commands run at start up?

secondly, where do I enter the unmount command?
    The terminal that I start with seems unresponsive and opening an lxterminal crashes he crashes the card.

EDIT:
    I figured out where to unmount.
    Last edited by KCIsaac; 08/27/2011 at 12:02 AM. Reason: figured one out
    sudo apt-get install gnome-terminal

for a working terminal in LXDE
    I've been playing around and testing with a couple different builds over the last couple of days and I think I've found a relatively feasible solution. It's a bit bloated but I got tired of hunting down dependencies and just took the east route.

For a GUI I used xubuntu-desktop which works pretty well so far. My biggest goals and concerns were RDP and VNC. grdesktop works extremely well especially if you've got a Bluetooth keyboard. Essentially with VPN access in webOS this was a must and it works really well. The best VNC app I can find so far seems to be the included Remote Desktop Viewer. VNC seems to be a little slow when drawing the screen initially and more so when refreshing when using the included viewer, however, again grdesktop runs amazingly well.

I've had no problem with gnome-terminal in this setup, my only real problem is getting the damn 'p' key to work... It works upper-case but no lower.... As of now, that's the only problem that really bugs me.

Any suggestions on this damn 'p' key? Can't do any apt or anything with a p in the terminal once the GUI is up....
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    So I am curious. How would I go about 'formatting' the linux partition if I wanted to just start from scratch with all this linux goodness? Is that possible? Just in case I happen to mess something up I want to know that I can without having to doctor up again. Would uninstalling the XPrograms and Ubuntu do the trick or is more needed?
    Has anyone got ubuntu-2d/unity-2d working? Whenever I try "gnome-session 2d-ubuntu" the desktop seems to load fully (launcher, panel, nautilus, metacity, etc) but then crashes the X server on me. I'd really like to try out unity on this device since it seems relatively well set up for a touch interface...
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooty View Post
    So I am curious. How would I go about 'formatting' the linux partition if I wanted to just start from scratch with all this linux goodness? Is that possible? Just in case I happen to mess something up I want to know that I can without having to doctor up again. Would uninstalling the XPrograms and Ubuntu do the trick or is more needed?
    You could just delete everything in the /media/ext3fs folder with xterm or intenalz. then uninstall/reinstall ubuntu.
    There may be easierways, but that is just off the top of my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooty View Post
    1. Uninstall Ubunu Chroot in Preware.
    2. Reboot the device (don't just reload Luna)
    3. Run Xecutah, then XTerm.
    4. Type:

cd /media/ext3fs
    rm -rf u (press Tab to autocomplete the ubuntu chroot dir before hitting enter)

The terminal will seem to freeze for up to two minutes. Once you have the prompt back, close the Xserver.

5. Go reinstall the Ubuntu Chroot in Preware.
    6. You're good to go!
    Quote Originally Posted by qole View Post
    In order to get tap-and-hold right-click functionality in LXDE and other GTK based environments, first install libgtkstylus:
    Code:
    apt-get install libgtkstylus
    Then set the GTK_MODULES environment variable before running LXDE:
    Code:
    export GTK_MODULES=libgtkstylus.so
    Also, anyone had any luck getting either lxterminal or roxterm to start in LXDE?
    Thanks for this - it really makes a difference, especially when using RDP! I just wanted to share that putting this line into '/usr/bin/startlxde' loads the module automatically when I start LXDE using 'startlxde' from the command line.

And, btw, I'm using gnome-terminal, fwiw.
    I have seen people talking about how they installed Utorrent in Ubuntu on their Touchpads. I tried to do it, it seems to require wine to get it to run. I was under the impression we could not put wine on these computers because they are not amd or intel processors. How are people doing this?
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast