Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes
    In addition to my question above, is the Bluetooth keyboard going to have proper support with the TouchPad? Mine won't recognize capital letters and when it does, it will continuously output them until I hit another key. It makes using Abiword or LibreOffice useless. Luckily Google Docs works fine in regular WebOS.

Edit: So I got through most of the doctoring except I can't get past this:

# umount /dev/mapper/store-media

It says invalid argument. It is only allowing me to have it 25.6 GB when i skip this step and resize the partition. Anyone know why? I would like to re-alocate all the space back to my TP.
    Last edited by Camron; 09/29/2011 at 02:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by qole View Post
    I updated my Xecutah and XServer, and now I can't get Ubuntu chroot to start. I think my problem is that I had hacked the Ubuntu chroot script to start without XTerm, so I would start the XServer and then run the chroot.

What do I have to do to the Ubuntu chroot script to get it to start an XServer like XTerm does?
    I'm having the same problem. My chroot worked flawlessly, until i ran the executah update. Now executah doesnt show start xserver anymore, only start xterm and start ubuntu 11.04 Chroot. Previously, all I had to do was start xserver, then select start ubuntu and it was done. now, nothing happens...what am i missing? or what do i need to do? Thanks
    ----------------------------------------
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be, unnatural"
    Quote Originally Posted by bme View Post
    I am noob with ubuntu. I followed instruction, did the meta doctor then install the Xecutah etc. I got a terminal window with virtual keyboard at bottom, everything seems fine.
    the path is root@HPTouchpad:/var/home/root#. I run the apt-get install, and got error "not found", tried sudo, same.
    with my limited linux command knowledge, pwd, ls works.

anyone can help? how can i verify what i did so far>
    Read the instruction again. found that I dont have any mounting message when xterm/ubuntu start, what is the possible cause? any help appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by arachnoman666 View Post
    I'm having the same problem. My chroot worked flawlessly, until i ran the executah update. Now executah doesnt show start xserver anymore, only start xterm and start ubuntu 11.04 Chroot. Previously, all I had to do was start xserver, then select start ubuntu and it was done. now, nothing happens...what am i missing? or what do i need to do? Thanks
    Ok, got it working. Uninstalled Xecutah and Chroot, restarted device. Im using an image file, i mounted it, then reinstalled Xecutah and Chroot form Preware and all is working fine...again.
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be, unnatural"
    Quote Originally Posted by qole View Post
    Typing this in Firefox! On my Touchpad! In fullscreen!

Screenshots:

Click to view quoted image
    This post!

Click to view quoted image
    My favorite Tablet plugins
    Can you post the link as to where you got this version of Firefox and/or how you got it running? Thanks, looks sweet.
    decalex likes this.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    i forget if I read it in this thread, but some of the chromium extensions are working nicely too. e.g. ChromeTouch (similar to grab and drag), Google Voice extension (minor visual bug, but works great), and last pass (password manager).

Question; i'm using the HP bluetooth keyboard -- is there any place where i can find out what the keyboard equivalent shortcuts are for e.g. the ALT button? ..or even the function keys? or even the location of the shortcuts preferences file?
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I think having ubuntu running in the background in a card is sucking up battery when not used (ie while doing other stuff with the touchpad). Is there a way to "suspend" the ubuntu CARD to it doesnt continue to run in the background until I need it again?
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    How can I run the full Network manager? I have installed used Easy Configuration script and installed the ubuntu-desktop package, but when I call up Network Manager - Properties (via a new desktop link) I get the error message "Failed to run "network%manager.desktop" "failed to execute child process "/etc/NetworkManager/VPN/nm-pptp-service.name" (Permission denied)"

I have given this full administrator priviledges, I want to install VPN via PPTP.

I have also added this to my network menu, with the same result.
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdurden83 View Post
    I saw couple of posts here where people got the "netbook-launcher-efl" working where I am having bit of a trouble installing it. Any help?

Basically, All I did was install LXDE, then install GNOME-APPLET and then install NETBOOK-LAUNCHER and NETBOOK-LAUNCHER-EFL. But how do I get it to start?

I initially run Ubuntu using "startlxde" then I open up a terminal and run "gnome-applet" and it changes into gnome desktop but when I type "netbook-launcher" in another terminal. It says, file not found and if I try, "netbook-launcher-efl", it spits out following errors:

ERR: conf.c:395 conf_init() could not get $HOME or $TMPDIR.
    ERR: conf.c:453 conf_init() could not init conf.
    ERR: conf.c:496 conf_init() could not init conf subsystem.

What exactly am I missing here?
    I had the same problem. It is because I was running my window manager as root, therefore there was no home dir for that user. $HOME and $TMPDIR are env variables that are mot set when running as root. Start your window manager from a normal user profile (ie the webOS user that comes with the chroot, who's password by the way is webos) and it should work fine.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    After many hours I got it working, finally.

Has anyone tried using Xournal on? To me it is useless as the response is not good and I had to uninstall the gestures software but still no good. It could be Touchpad itself or my cheap stylus
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    How can increase the real lxde desktop are, current the default xecutah kbd is taking up space, if it can be overwritten somehow by full lxde desktop it will be awsome
    Quote Originally Posted by vimak View Post
    How can increase the real lxde desktop are, current the default xecutah kbd is taking up space, if it can be overwritten somehow by full lxde desktop it will be awsome
    dont just read the recent posts, read them all, thats been covered a large number of times in multiple threads.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    dont just read the recent posts, read them all, thats been covered a large number of times in multiple threads.
    Tweaks from preware is the one.
    The audio problems that I'm having are caused by running Ubuntu as a user, not root. When I run "sudo mplayer" everything works... Now to figure out to work around the fact that WebOS uses root to do everything...
    I got the full desktop VLC working on my TouchPad by running vlc-wrapper as root:
    Code:
    sudo SUDO_UID=1000 vlc-wrapper
    It only played my test AVI for a few minutes before crashing out with a PulseAudio error, however. Not sure if this is a problem with the specific file, or with VLC / WebOS PulseAudio in general.
    Come help me get my Chroot Scripts working!
    I created the ubuntu.img file and made it a boot device...and installed ubuntu chroot on it . I fire xecutah and from thr ubuntu and after a couple of mounts it gives me the root@user command line

from here onwards...i was folllowing a few steps and i installed aptitutde and form thr installed lxde and other packages...the moment i do this...towards the end of the installation my keyboard dissapears and i get the command line back ...once the installation finishes. In order to restore the keyboard...i have to restard the touchpad and next time when i fire ubuntu i get a grey screen with "x" black arrow ....please tell me how do i resolve this...or rather how should i install....can someone give me a detailed instruction keeping in mind i am a complete noob...please i have been struggling all night with this and am going bonkers now
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trooper1414 View Post
    I created the ubuntu.img file and made it a boot device...and installed ubuntu chroot on it . I fire xecutah and from thr ubuntu and after a couple of mounts it gives me the root@user command line

from here onwards...i was folllowing a few steps and i installed aptitutde and form thr installed lxde and other packages...the moment i do this...towards the end of the installation my keyboard dissapears and i get the command line back ...once the installation finishes. In order to restore the keyboard...i have to restard the touchpad and next time when i fire ubuntu i get a grey screen with "x" black arrow ....please tell me how do i resolve this...or rather how should i install....can someone give me a detailed instruction keeping in mind i am a complete noob...please i have been struggling all night with this and am going bonkers now
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...on-ubuntu.html
    thank you ...brilliant
    That method worked...till i restarted. ...getting the same screen again
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trooper1414 View Post
    That method worked...till i restarted. ...getting the same screen again
    Keyboard disappearing is expected as per instructions while installing.

Ensure that you follow instructions as mentioned including uninstalling Chroot ubuntu first.

Also, try to get the lates Xecutah ( the one that does not list Xserver in its options.