Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes
    Im a huge noob and am really stuck in a problem. so far i came up to
    Step 2: Running the webOS Doctor on the wiki page. I finished numbers
    1. Navigate to the meta-doctor directory in the terminal
    2. Download the latest webosdoctor file using the download paths found at Webos Doctor Versions .
    and now when i enter
    make DEVICE=touchpad CARRIER=wifi all
    i get a huge error saying
    james_2@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$ make DEVICE=touchpad CARRIER=wifi all
    make unpack patch pack
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/james_2/meta-doctor'
    rm -rf build/touchpad-p302hstnh-wifi-3.0.2
    mkdir -p build/touchpad-p302hstnh-wifi-3.0.2
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp302hstnhwifi-3.0.2.jar build/touchpad-p302hstnh-wifi-3.0.2/webosdoctorp302hstnhwifi-3.0.2.jar
    ( cd build/touchpad-p302hstnh-wifi-3.0.2 ; \
    unzip -q webosdoctorp302hstnhwifi-3.0.2.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* \
    resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    error: invalid compressed data to inflate resources/webOS.tar
    make[1]: *** [build/touchpad-p302hstnh-wifi-3.0.2/.unpacked] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/james_2/meta-doctor'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

Please HELP!! thanks
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Were you following this tut? I had the same issue but using wget for the doctor and java cleared it up.
    Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    So I am in the process of setting up meta-doctor, but every time I go to download it it times out, can some one verify the file is there?
    I just installed XFCE4 in Ubuntu and suddenly the keyboard disappeared and left a black background from all the Chroots installed (ArchLinux & Ubuntu). Is there a way to make it appear again?
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Reboot the Touchpad. The keyboard-disappearing act happens only once after installing Ubuntu.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Hey guys, I've been reading for last 5 hrs, looking for a solution.

I'm stuck in a bootloop, and don't know what to do. After the "mount -a" I( and fstab error), i rebooted it, and just keeps rebooting now. Webdoctor hooked up, but not recognized, windows or linux.
    Any help greatly appreciated.

. . NS4G . . CM7 . .
    Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post

I'm stuck in a bootloop, and don't know what to do. After the "mount -a" I( and fstab error), i rebooted it, and just keeps rebooting now. Webdoctor hooked up, but not recognized, windows or linux.

. . NS4G . . CM7 . .
    did you try using both webos Doctors?
  8.    #468  
    Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post

. . NS4G . . CM7 . .
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Great everything works properly, my only problem is with the keyboard. I read through some of this thread but did not find much for a way to remove the webos keyboard and use the Ubuntu on screen keyboard. I found the easy autoconfiguration.

But I do not have a blue tooth keyboard. Is there a way to hit the Ubuntu button and have Xserver load right into lxde having the webos keyboard turned off? I might be wording it wrong.... but I need to have a full screen and be able to minimize the keyboard when needed.

Thanks!!
    thank you
    Hi everybody!I've spent about 5 hours trying to make Ubuntu run on my device but I get stuck! There are few steps I may miss but just to tell you, the HP Touchpad is in Usb mode showing a drive icon with grey and black screen on the tablet, is this correct? Then, I can already tell developer mode and Testing dev mode are on since I overclocked the device a couple of weeks ago, double checked again, everything is fine here.

The problem is that from Ubuntu on terminal I somehow don't understande the processes on how and what to do after having downloaded the Webdoctor, I know you may consider to say I'm a dumb but you are right am not a linux expert so this is the result

Other and MAIN issue is the fact that after having pressed the XServer launch on Tablet the Ubuntu Chroot will always result in service error, uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times the components for Xecutah, where and what am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help you may provide!
    USB mode is always the wrong mode to be in.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    I had tried that earlier, using the "if the next button is grayed out" instructions for linux, but wasn't working. What did end up working was booting into usb mode, then running the doctor. Thk god (and precentral).

. . NS4G . . CM7 . .
    Other and MAIN issue is the fact that after having pressed the XServer launch on Tablet the Ubuntu Chroot will always result in service error, uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times the components for Xecutah, where and what am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help you may provide!
    Reinstall the components referenced in the error, one at a time, with a reboot between each.

-- Rod
    I updated my Xecutah and XServer, and now I can't get Ubuntu chroot to start. I think my problem is that I had hacked the Ubuntu chroot script to start without XTerm, so I would start the XServer and then run the chroot.

What do I have to do to the Ubuntu chroot script to get it to start an XServer like XTerm does?
    Quote Originally Posted by qole View Post
    I updated my Xecutah and XServer, and now I can't get Ubuntu chroot to start. I think my problem is that I had hacked the Ubuntu chroot script to start without XTerm, so I would start the XServer and then run the chroot.

What do I have to do to the Ubuntu chroot script to get it to start an XServer like XTerm does?
    Uninstall and reinstall. The actual chroot contents will be preserved.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    anyone get scrolling working right or can we only scroll with the scroll bar on the right?
    I am noob with ubuntu. I followed instruction, did the meta doctor then install the Xecutah etc. I got a terminal window with virtual keyboard at bottom, everything seems fine.
    the path is root@HPTouchpad:/var/home/root#. I run the apt-get install, and got error "not found", tried sudo, same.
    with my limited linux command knowledge, pwd, ls works.

anyone can help? how can i verify what i did so far>
    How do I go about uninstalling Ubuntu and recovering my partition? When I follow this guide in the wiki I get this:

It cannot remove the partition as it is still open:

Can't remove open logical volume "ext3fs"

I am assuming it is because I haven't redoctored my device again. If I don't want to install the Linux image, is there are already a pre-configured .jar file that will do that for me? Can I just use WebOS doctor instead (I believe those are the same things)?

From there I should just need to redo those steps.

Edit: So I got through most of this but I can't

# umount /dev/mapper/store-media

It says invalid argument. It is only allowing me to have it 25.6 GB when i skip this step and resize the partition. Anyone know why?
    Last edited by Camron; 09/29/2011 at 02:49 AM.