Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    OK. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
    will the ubuntu under chroot tether from a bt phone or adhoc hotspot? Or is the internet supplied only from the host (touchpad)

maybe this will be only way to tether from a bkuetooth dun/pan?
    I was wondering the same thing myself. One of the reasons i installed ubuntu to see.

So far its not looking to positive:

First off I installed the bluez Bluetooth package(info here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BluetoothSetup) from ubuntu and when I run "hcitool dev" like it says to do nothing shows up.

Plus someone else previously mentioned ubuntu relies on the host linux system for hardware since it runs in a chroot which means it runs under and uses the palm webos kernel for the TP vs ubuntu's own.

Looks like if we want Bluetooth DUN/PAN tethering support we will have to figure out how to get Bluez running on Webos or somehow add it to the Palm Bluetooth Engine(PmBt).
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crucialcolin View Post
    I was wondering the same thing myself. One of the reasons i installed ubuntu to see.

So far its not looking to positive:

Thanks so much, such a shame. Its look like an Android port has a better chance than than BT tethering. My only other excuse for Ubuntu is decent PDF rendering
    npmt likes this.
    There's always freetether as a last resort if they can get it working with most devices. Seems like data is on the back burner though atm. Plus I'd prefer a more native approach myself either through adding it to the palm bt engine through a patch or getting bluez(the standard linux bluetooth engine) working under webos 3.0.
    npmt likes this.
    Can anyone explain a simple way on how to right click on ubuntu? None of the other guides have worked for me and Easystroke is too glitchy and a pain to even set up a new gesture.
    npmt likes this.
    Are there times when even after enabling the beta testing feeds, ubuntu 11.04 chroot is not availabe for installing on preware?

i keep getting a long error message in trying to update the feeds, starting with:

Unable to run command: /usr/bin/ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps update 2>&1
    Downloading ...ipkg.preware.org/beta/apps/all/Packages.gz,wget... can't connect to remote host (...): Connection timed out, Downloading....
    Quote Originally Posted by xhayame View Post
    Can anyone explain a simple way on how to right click on ubuntu? None of the other guides have worked for me and Easystroke is too glitchy and a pain to even set up a new gesture.
    libgtkstylus has right click enabled by a long tap. Better than drawing gestures with easystroke.
    Can someone confirm if Xecutah has been changed? Yesterday, after re-installing it, I can no longer find the Start Xserver option. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by jon888 View Post
    Can someone confirm if Xecutah has been changed? Yesterday, after re-installing it, I can no longer find the Start Xserver option. Thanks in advance.
    Please disable the alpha testing feeds if you are not going to at least read the changelog and documentation of the things you are alpha testing.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    The change log simply states that xserver or a new card (I can't remember the exact wording) will be started automatically. I am just trying to confirm the correct behaviour of xecutah. And I think xecutah can now be found on the normal feeds.
    The change log simply states that xserver or a new card (I can't remember the exact wording) will be started automatically. I am just trying to confirm the correct behaviour of xecutah. And I think xecutah can now be found on the normal feeds.
    Xecutah is indeed in both the stable and alpha feeds. One is stable, the other is experimental.

The changelog for each can be found in the help screen of each, as per most WebOS Internals tools.

Seriously, if you're not participating in the alpha testing of the new X startup architecture, you should turn off the alpha feeds right now.

If you are participating in the alpha testing of the new X startup architecture, you would be advised to follow @webosinternals on Twitter or join the #webos-internals IRC channel.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    (i) Is there a way of creating/downloading a copy of Ubuntu 11.04 Chroot without installing it through Preware?

(ii) When using .img to mount Ubuntu Chroot, does anyone experience the following error:

Service Error (execute):
    Unable to run command: /sbin/initctl start org.webosinternals.ubuntu-natty-chroot 2>&1
    Initctl: (00270/735474965) Unknown job: org.webosinternals.ubuntu-natty-chroot

What causes the error and what can I do to resolve it?

(iii) Is there any work around to mounting the .img manually every time?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by jon888; 09/20/2011 at 01:37 AM.
  13.    #453  
    ...Updating for clarity on this subject :-)

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Has anyone solved the problem of the P key (with a bluetooth or usb keyboard) not working with xfce?
    Last edited by izzeho; 09/20/2011 at 12:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by izzeho View Post
    Has anyone solved the problem of the P key (with a bluetooth or usb keyboard) not working with xfce?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...st3113901.html

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...ml#post3136381
    (i) Is there a way of creating/downloading a copy of Ubuntu 11.04 Chroot without installing it through Preware?

(ii) When using .img to mount Ubuntu Chroot, does anyone experience the following error:

Service Error (execute):
    Unable to run command: /sbin/initctl start org.webosinternals.ubuntu-natty-chroot 2>&1
    Initctl: (00270/735474965) Unknown job: org.webosinternals.ubuntu-natty-chroot

What causes the error and what can I do to resolve it?

(iii) Is there any work around to mounting the .img manually every time?

Thanks in advance.
    UbuntuChroot - WebOS Internals

bottom of the paragraph regarding images shows how to auto mount/start, i wouldnt do this until your chrooted env/desktop works perfectly tho.

technically its the same but you can install the chroot via the webos quick installer instead of preware app.

can you describe exactly your sequence leading up to the error as well, that can help people trace a possible error.

once you have your working image / chrooted env, just cp the disk image to blank.img as a backup so you dont have to remake a new image the long way.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I'm back in ubuntu forums... So usb hosting is totally supported and in a chroot terminal lsusb recognizes my tl-wn722n usb wireless adapter. What is my next step in getting it to work? I haven't found a driver for it yet but google and my ubuntu laptop say it will boot right out of the box in regular natty, I really want aircrack
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Posted in another thread, but hopefully someone here has an aswer:

Okay, I messed up somewhere along the line, I had to run webos doctor to fix my problem. However I lost some disk space. I cannot recover it with the links I have found in other threads. I figure it to be about 2 gb. How can I recover this space, or use it if I try to reinstall ubuntu?

I used rennats army of monkeys and installed everything. I then had problems with an endless hangup and then reboot where it would try to install all my apps again. I then used webos doctor to remove everything including chroot, however the space is still taken up. I just want the space back to start the process all over again.

Here is an attachment using these commands through WebOS Quick Install and then Linux commandline there: ls -lSr and then df -h. If I need to use anything else and post the results to get help let me know. Thanks in Advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Still hacking away at my chroot scripts and my plug'n'play Ubuntu image file, just about got an image that I like ready to post on qole.org ... I have a nice lxde setup with big fonts and fat scrollbars, with everything nicely configured, but I'm still stuck on some things:
    - any way to get pulseaudio working?
    - why does Florence double my keypresses sometimes?
    - does xrandr work to rotate the screen? I can't get it to work...
    - how do I add my scripts to Xecutah? I have a script to kill the chroot apps and unmount the image, but how do I run it (other than via ssh)?
    The error is returned when I click xserver>>ubuntu chroot in xecutah, after following the steps in the tutorial (other than, in my case, using an .img file). After further trial and error, it is **probably** because the .img was not mounted when I installed ubuntu chroot. One should mount the .img and install ubuntu chroot without any restarting of the touchpad in between.

Comparing the two relevant echo lines, what are the amendments to make to the latter?
    echo "/dev/mapper/store-ext3fs /media/ext3fs auto noatime 0 0" >> /etc/fstab
    echo "/media/cryptofs/ubuntu.img /media/ext3fs ext3 loop 0 0" >> /etc/fstab
    [Thoughts: If you echo the latter into the fstab, and face an error running xecutah>>xserver>>ubuntu chroot, you can type "mount -a" in xecutah>>xserver>>xterm and closing the card before running xecutah>>xserver>>ubuntu chroot.]

As an aside (this may not be the right thread to post this), I am experiencing some trouble with the easy autoconfiguration script. After running through the installation (I didn't really read all the messages on screen), the script strangely ends with startlxde (I chose the lxde GUI) being a bad command. Running the script a second time starts the installation again but still ends with same error. Not certain whether this was because I used a .img file. [Thoughts: It appears that if you keep running the script with the same user name and password, after three or four times, you should get a working ubuntu chroot.]
    Last edited by jon888; 09/22/2011 at 10:32 AM.