Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes
    anyone know how to minimize/maximize/resize a window when it's larger than the screen? :S
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Just as an opinion, what is the best onscreen keyboard people found that is compatible with HP Touchpad so far?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Success!

Got it running at last

Thank you Zane9000 and konsole for your help.

I am still not exactly what was the problem, but it looked as if the something was wrong with my Makefile in the end. I ended up completely removing all webOS software from my PC and staring again from scratch.

I also decided to follow a set of installations instructions from here Installing Ubuntu: Extending the HP Touchpad | digital nomad most of this is the same really, just worded differently. Thought I would post the link (no offence to OP) in case it may help someone else in the future

Thanks to everyone who helped to make this possible
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    anyone know how to minimize/maximize/resize a window when it's larger than the screen? :S
    If you're running a desktop environment with a window manager, then right click (longpress if using libgtkstylus) on the window's button in the window list and select "maximize" like with Windows.

Otherwise, you can hold Alt if you have a bluetooth keyboard and drag the window around with the mouse (holding the button down).
    Got it! thanks
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Has anyone ran into the alsa audio output: write failed: Broke pipe error for VLC and fixed it?

I get sound and video runs fine, but the sound is skipping because of this error. Any insight would be awesome! I have tried just about everything I could think of and googled to my wits end, but my GoogleFu is failing me!

Any insight is well welcomed and appreciated!
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    web os seems to not be recognizing my internal storage, music, images, and movies can't be found. Anyone else run into this hiccup?
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    web os seems to not be recognizing my internal storage, music, images, and movies can't be found. Anyone else run into this hiccup?
    I haven't seen that at all. Did you mount the internal partition on the Ubuntu side? Can you see the files by connecting the touchpad to your computer?
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by premiso View Post
    Has anyone ran into the alsa audio output: write failed: Broke pipe error for VLC and fixed it?

I get sound and video runs fine, but the sound is skipping because of this error. Any insight would be awesome! I have tried just about everything I could think of and googled to my wits end, but my GoogleFu is failing me!

Any insight is well welcomed and appreciated!
    I had this after I did the adduser audio fix, but after rerunning the final command as sudo and reinstalling vlc it was fixed. One of those two...
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    I haven't seen that at all. Did you mount the internal partition on the Ubuntu side? Can you see the files by connecting the touchpad to your computer?
    Haha I have no idea what it was. I had been playing with ways to recover various partitions(gadgetxplorer stuff) so I assume something wasn't mounted properly. Everything was showing up in internalz, windows, and ubuntu but the image and music app didn't auto load anything until I manually opened a file in each folder. Fiddled with novaterm and the partitions and now everything seems to be updating properly. I was surprisingly alright with losing those apps though in exchange for how well ubuntu works
    Why are UbuntuChroot, Xecutah, and XServer not showing up in my Preware? I have added the feed (installed Govnah from it even).

EDIT: NVM, re-adding the repos fixed it.
    Last edited by AbusedRib; 09/07/2011 at 09:46 PM.
    Dogma likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    I had this after I did the adduser audio fix, but after rerunning the final command as sudo and reinstalling vlc it was fixed. One of those two...
    Awesome, I will try this tomorrow when I have my TouchPad fully charged and report back what comes of it. Thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by bable
    Nope, still did not work =\ Mind writing out what you did / installed so I can mimic it on a fresh install to see where I am going wrong at?

For kicks, here is my full vlc output:

pastebin.com/pt1BkSnp
    Last edited by premiso; 09/08/2011 at 12:10 PM. Reason: added link.
    Anyone get a battery meter to work under UbuntuChroot? I have conky working and it shows everything but the battery charge, haven't found a gnome panel applet that works
    Has anyone had any luck installing icedtea6 in Ubuntu? It installs w/o issue in the DebianChroot but I keep getting dependency issues in Ubuntu.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Has anyone had any luck installing icedtea6 in Ubuntu? It installs w/o issue in the DebianChroot but I keep getting dependency issues in Ubuntu.
    I'm guessing that's because the ARM architecture is probably relatively new for Ubuntu. Debian is pretty mature compared to Ubuntu, and has supported ARM since 2003 I think. Not sure when Ubuntu started working on ARM, I think 2008 or something. I was glad when I noticed Debian was working on the Touchpad because I usually have bad experience with Ubuntu when I'm doing stuff that doesn't fall into the mainstream (which is where the fun for me is).

If you can, I'd just stick with Debian but that is just my two cents.
    would anyone be able to guide me to a tutorial on how to get debian up an running. I have ubuntu and would like to check the difference.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Anyone tried Windows on qemu on ubuntu? I have the 32GB touchpad, and thinking about re-doctoring it with 8GB for ext3fs/2GB for var. Or would Windows on DosBox be better? Looking for suggestions. Thanks.
    Fixed the sound issue, the solution should be in the main part of the board (I am unable to paste links still so yea). When I can I will edit this post with a link.

And links as promised:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...king-user.html
    I have a problem and I was wondering if anyone would know the solution to it. I start my Ubuntu on the touchpad by the command "dbus-launch lxsession" and everything works nice and dandy but what seems to be the problem is that I can't change any of the Openbox themes, I get an error stating, "an error occurred, trying to save the config file 'openbox/lxde-rc.xml'" and it just won't work. I edited that file manually and entered the desired theme name under it, still it didn't work.

So just for ****s and giggles, I tried running my session with "dbus-launch startlxde" and voila it works but with that I get unnecessary garbage of "other" menu items, etc. Does anyone know how to make openbox themes work under "lxsession"?