Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by izzeho View Post
    Anyone had any luck getting audio to work?
    Configure things to use alsa or sdl backends and it seems to work well here. Mostly tested via mplayer, fwiw.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    Quote Originally Posted by mkln View Post
    hi everyone. I LOVE this!

I am now trying to get a "full" keyboard on ubuntu and use it instead of the HP XS one.

So I found that CellWriter seems to work nicely.

What I am now trying to do is the following:

- full screen ubuntu with no HP keyboard
    - get CellWriter to start automatically with lxde
    - get CellWriter NOT to cover the bottom bar wheh displayed.

any help? I'm a noob on this :| I'm really happy I managed to get to this point lol!
    OK I've managed to get CellWriter to autostart with lxsession.

I just added @CellWriter to the list in /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart

Now how do I get full screen and no HP keyboard?
    I was also thinking... If somehow I managed to get Xserver without a keyboard + full res, how would I type "lxsession" to make things start?
    OK I'm trying to download the Ubuntu chroot with my Pre, and all I have available atm is my EVDO connection. I've been trying to download it for a while now, through preware, and through firefox/IE. Problem is, it never gets past 30 percent, and the feeds don't support resume. Is there any way I could get a link for this that supports resume, or at least is split into say, three parts?
    OK I've managed to get CellWriter to autostart with lxsession.

I just added @CellWriter to the list in /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart

Now how do I get full screen and no HP keyboard?
    I was also thinking... If somehow I managed to get Xserver without a keyboard + full res, how would I type "lxsession" to make things start?
    And this is exactly what has happened now.

I downloaded the Tweaks app from Preware and I can not start XServer full screen without a keyboard. The problem is that without a keyboard I cannot start lxsession.

If I could start lxsession, then I have CellWriter starting up automatically and I should be all set.

So how can I get Xserver to run lxsession without a keyboard? (no bluetooth keyboard either... and btw it would be unpractical)
    So how can I get Xserver to run lxsession without a keyboard? (no bluetooth keyboard either... and btw it would be unpractical)
    You can do this in a variety of ways, but here's the first that comes to mind:

Take a look at chroot-wrapper.sh in your chroot's APPDIR--replace "chroot ${CHROOT} /bin/bash" with "chroot ${CHROOT} lxsession" and you should be good to go.

Enjoy!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    You can do this in a variety of ways, but here's the first that comes to mind:

Take a look at chroot-wrapper.sh in your chroot's APPDIR--replace "chroot ${CHROOT} /bin/bash" with "chroot ${CHROOT} lxsession" and you should be good to go.

Enjoy!
    Ok I'm probably missing something here where is chroot-wrapper.sh ?
    Quote Originally Posted by qole View Post
    So I can't get Florence keyboard to work either, it crashes the system just like lxterminal. All my problems seem to stem from dbus and gconf and the fact that Ubuntu Natty uses upstart to launch daemons instead of init.d and upstart doesn't work in a chroot.

So those of you with working dbus configs, what are you doing differently? Are you using Ubuntu or are you using Debian? If Ubuntu, How do you start dbus? I can start the system daemon with "dbus-daemon --system --fork" as root, but I can't seem to do the same for the session server...
    The fact that nobody answered my dbus questions suggests that I did something wrong, and everyone else is getting dbus to work out of the box.

I'll try again to install everything from scratch; although I still don't see how people are getting dbus to work if Ubuntu upstart doesn't work in a chroot...
    The fact that nobody answered my dbus questions suggests that I did something wrong, and everyone else is getting dbus to work out of the box.

I'll try again to install everything from scratch; although I still don't see how people are getting dbus to work if Ubuntu upstart doesn't work in a chroot...
    People have discussed using dbus-launch to start the window manager session a few times in here. I don't know too much about dbus myself, but that method seems to have solved my problems. I think another method was discussed, even if not in direct answer to your question.
    I've gotten the netbook style launcher working and I do have to say it's sexy as all hell. I'm not 100% sure what all I did to get it working so I'm going to perform another fresh install and minize the junk to make it as simple as possible; lightweight too. But anyways, here's some screen shots...
    Attached Images Attached Images

My guess is most are just happening to get it working via other packages and their dependencies. I personally have not bothered fighting dbus, however, I know I've tried several different desktop environments/gui's which has fixed a lot of other issues with dbus.
    Last edited by projectalarum; 08/30/2011 at 06:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Configure things to use alsa or sdl backends and it seems to work well here. Mostly tested via mplayer, fwiw.
    could you please explain more like a step by step guide?
    Hi whenever I am trying to install a program with ./ i am getting an error that /tmp is not large enough, its reported at around 40mb, and the program i am trying to install requires over 220mb in /tmp to extract. Can someone point me in the right direction to fix this?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by projectalarum View Post
    I've gotten the netbook style launcher working and I do have to say it's sexy as all hell. I'm not 100% sure what all I did to get it working so I'm going to perform another fresh install and minize the junk to make it as simple as possible; lightweight too. But anyways, here's some screen shots...
    That's looking great! I'm going to try and get the kid in bed early tonight so I can try and play around with some stuff. This looks by far the most exciting to use. What package exactly is that? Did you install the xubuntu package first and then the netbook launcher over it?

I've very intrigued by this and you totally changed my plans for tonight from trying to find a way to use xserver to launch a Chrome build to doing this.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    So I installed everyone and got the terminal up and running, installed Chromium and then LXDE, didn't even launch either but after installing LXDE my keyboard disappeared and I can't seem to figure out how to get it back.

Ok... update. My keyboard is now not working in any apps.

Ok rebooting worked but still that was weird.

Also anyone know if it is possibly to make the keyboard not cover up half of my terminal so I can't read whats going on O.o?
    Last edited by nseemann; 08/30/2011 at 08:52 PM.
    My guess is most are just happening to get it working via other packages and their dependencies. I personally have not bothered fighting dbus, however, I know I've tried several different desktop environments/gui's which has fixed a lot of other issues with dbus.
    dbus seems to work fine on debian, but ubuntu has issues. Others know more about the details why, but that could explain the differences you're seeing in terms of others' success with using dbus.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Quote Originally Posted by nseemann View Post
    So I installed everyone and got the terminal up and running, installed Chromium and then LXDE, didn't even launch either but after installing LXDE my keyboard disappeared and I can't seem to figure out how to get it back.

Ok... update. My keyboard is now not working in any apps.

Ok rebooting worked but still that was weird.
    Very strange. I've installed lxde from stock on both ubuntu and debian and not seen that behavior :/. Maybe lxde pulls in something that during configuration interferes with webos (via /dev, etc)? Would be interested in seeing what causes this.

I assume of course you don't have a bluetooth keyboard attached--others have reported keyboard disappearing due to stray bluetooth keyboards they accidentally left connected/hit a key on/etc. Might be worth checking.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Yeah I have a bluetooth keyboard but the batteries are dead. But yeah I saw a post about setting the keyboard to extra small to fit with the terminal but I can't figure out how to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nseemann View Post
    Yeah I have a bluetooth keyboard but the batteries are dead. But yeah I saw a post about setting the keyboard to extra small to fit with the terminal but I can't figure out how to do it.
    Touch-hold the keyboard icon - you should get choices for XS, S, M, L - XS fits just right under the terminal.

And I had the keyboard disappear once too when I first set it up, but after that reboot it hasn't happened again.
    Last edited by alacrify; 08/30/2011 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Add
    please let us know! I've been trying to get gdm working so I can start a unjty-2d session. This may be even better!
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    Can you elaborate on the problem you are having? Just taking a stab in the dark I am guessing this is giving you issues:
    Code:
    /dev/mapper/store-media /mnt/vfat vfat defaults 0 0
    becuase you are typeing that into the command prompt?

That line should be added to the end of the /etc/fstab file line by using this command:
    Code:
    echo "/dev/mapper/store-media /mnt/vfat vfat defaults 0 0" >> /etc/fstab
    Then runing:
    Code:
    mount -a
    will make everything in the webOS "USB partition (/media/internal)" show up on the Ubuntu side at /mnt/vfat.

NOTE: You can make /mnt/vfat any directory you want, as long as you remember to create it first. You may want to call it /media/internal so it will match the naming convention of webOS.
    Thanks, I had caught the rest of the command but I think I typed it wrong, looking at your example was a great help.

Now for the right click, I did type the following for right click, I am working in root and wondering if I need to type this each time I start ubuntu?
    export GTK_MODULES=libgtkstylus.so