Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waderedsox View Post
    yeah figured that one out too late gnome didnt work has anyonegotten it wirking?
    I have gotten as far as receiving a "segmentation fault" response when running "gnome-session" and when using gdm I get a dbus error failed to Connect to socket.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Same with me, it kept installing but then it failed with 4 packages not being installed, so I got nautilus file manager and things like that but no real gnome solution.
    I installed gnome how do I start a session.
    We oughta make an IRC so we can work together on running gnome / kde / unity or other bugs / things.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The Wiki pages have guides on how to install, and how to remove.

Why does nobody read the Wiki pages we write when we create these things for you?

-- Rod
    How about pointing a link to the guide.........
    now have Synergy working on my Touchpad with XFCE4 without segmentation faults at long last, unsure what stopped the faults, the package just started randomly working after i had installed a load more RDP/VNC apps to test with then it started working.

so now have my mouse pointer/keyboard controlling my pc's 2 displays as usual but moving far left and i skip control to the TouchPad and it works fine, had the odd glitch but seems to get corrected just moving off teh display and back or locking the display with scroll-lock.

Synergy on the ubuntu side didnt like my PC's Name used and instead only worked with the direct IP address.

mouse controlled ubuntu at last.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    For others having problems with installing I had to manually start the dbus and avahi daemons to get everything else to install.

try that and the apt-get upgrade or apt-get install gnome --fix-missing
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    For others having problems with installing I had to manually start the dbus and avahi daemons to get everything else to install.

try that and the apt-get upgrade or apt-get install gnome --fix-missing
    I have dbus half working after symlinking it to /bin/true, but gnome-session now says segmentation fault. kde says a configuration file (kstartup4) is missing, and lxde works. we really need an irc...
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Just wait 5 seconds between xserver and xterm.

-- Rod
    Thanks, it's working nicely now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_B View Post
    Thanks, it's working nicely now.
    Waiting should be unnecessary as of 0.8.1. Enjoy!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    You might also check out LXlauncher - nice, big icons instead of teeny, little start menu.
    I installed that. It needs some tweaking, but it seems perfect for a tablet.
    Working from bradmont's base lxe instructions, I've customized things a bit. I always use X windows in portrait, and use the touchpad XS virtual keyboard for typing. For the missing keys, I've stripped down the onboard virtual keyboard to the bare minimum keys (arrows, control, alt, F keys, home, insert etc.). The ubuntu virtual keyboard is down to two rows now, and takes up alot less space.

I've attached my wrapper scripts to open and close the keyboard. It automatically stickies it and places right above the LXE bar at the bottom of the screen, and resizes it appropriately. I've also included my wrapper script for easystroke (again probably a derivative of somebody else's work). I've put an icon on the LXE bar at the bottom to open/close the onboard virtual keyboard and another one to start/stop easystroke. I don't leave easystroke running because it tends to think I'm making a gesture when I'm really trying to drag a window. So just start it if I need it to make a right or middle click gesture. Whoever recommended increasing the fontsize in the window manager gets two thumbs up, it makes the window controls much more usable.

Hope somebody finds this useful, and saves them an hour or two. Editing the SVG and onboard mapping files was a pain!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    pypk likes this.
    Are people able to view in portrait with LXDE and if so, how?
    Must have missed something...
    I'm trying to remove the ext3fs partion and it is not working. Yes, I followed the clear as mud instructions.....no dice. Any help? nova term command says "unable to find" device. Not sure if I'm in the right directory.

Thanks...
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Scarface View Post
    I'm trying to remove the ext3fs partion and it is not working. Yes, I followed the clear as mud instructions.....no dice. Any help? nova term command says "unable to find" device. Not sure if I'm in the right directory.

Thanks...
    Unable to find device means it's not seeing your TP. Is it connected to a primary USB or a hub?
    (and in developer mode of course)
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Has anyone made a guide on how to remove the ext3 partition and give its space back to the media partition? I have a tablet I want to return on account of a hardware defect in the screen and figure I should put it fully back to stock.
    Put it in developer mode and run Webos doctor.
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    It will be returned to it's original state. Turn it off and take it back when it reboots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_B View Post
    Put it in developer mode and run Webos doctor.
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    It will be returned to it's original state. Turn it off and take it back when it reboots.
    No, the doctor will not touch the ubuntu partition, it is only for the webOS partition.
    Check the webos-internals wiki for unbuntu removal instructions.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    No, the doctor will not touch the ubuntu partition, it is only for the webOS partition.
    Check the webos-internals wiki for unbuntu removal instructions.
    Are these the instructions you are talking about?

gadgetXplorer: #webOS: How to remove EXT3FS partition

They dont really make sense to me. The first 4 steps finish with saying then run meta-doctor to reassign all space to user space. What does that mean? Are they saying to go back to stock using the WebOS Doctor?

Then there are the other set of instructions that I dont really understand either
    Which am I supposed to do?
    Last edited by Snooty; 08/28/2011 at 06:24 PM.
    what is the formatted capacity of a 32 GB touchpad? How much space is taken up by the OS and how much space is available for use? Trying to figure out if there is anymore space hidden after the removal of the ext3fs partition.

Thanks
    Last edited by Mr.Scarface; 08/28/2011 at 06:48 PM.
    Also, why would my Mac show 29.55 Gbs total, 24 gas available when Windows 7 shows 27.5 GB total, with 22.9 available?