Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes
    I've wiped it a few times to start fresh. I just close the ubuntu card, delete everything in the ext3fs folder, uninstall xecutah and chroot, reboot, reinstall.

I'm trying to find a solid upnp controller, tried kinsky classic and desktop, neither work at all even though they launch, any ideas?

Also anyone have luck getting their bluetooth to work? Haven't tried but that's next on the list.

Oh yeah, also, any chance of getting sound going?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    to remove and reinstall quickly I have just been removing the ubuntu chroot via prepare and then cleaning up the ext3fs folder with internals and reinstalling ubuntu with preware
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Has anyone made a guide on how to remove the ext3 partition and give its space back to the media partition? I have a tablet I want to return on account of a hardware defect in the screen and figure I should put it fully back to stock.
    The Wiki pages have guides on how to install, and how to remove.

Why does nobody read the Wiki pages we write when we create these things for you?

-- Rod
    ok so I followed the advice for using leafpad to make the /go but now libreoffice will not work under this profile it works under lx session but not /go is there a way to modify go for libre office or modify lxsession to get right click here is the advice I followed:

install a small package like so

sudo apt-get install xkbset

Now in your text editor (leafpad or whatever) make a script file at root, i did leafpad /go to make a script called GO

enter the following spiel

#!/bin/bash
    xmodmap -e "keycode 96 = Pointer_Button3"
    xkbset m
    startlxde

edit: coudl be either, not sure atm, Pointer_Button1 or Pointer_Button2 or Pointer_Button3

save the file then type

chmod /go +x
    or
    chmod +x /go

i forget which, im very tired atm.

now just type /go when your inside LXDE press the key above tab / to the left of the number 1, in my case thats an unused key i dont use, and wham, rightmouse should work.
    Last edited by zerobahamut; 08/27/2011 at 08:56 PM.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Right click for LXDE was posted back on page 8:
    Quote Originally Posted by qole View Post
    In order to get tap-and-hold right-click functionality in LXDE and other GTK based environments, first install libgtkstylus:
    Code:
    apt-get install libgtkstylus
    Then set the GTK_MODULES environment variable before running LXDE:
    Code:
    export GTK_MODULES=libgtkstylus.so
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    My keyboard mapping is totally messed up in ubuntu terminal, both onboard and bluetooth. Any ideas?

edit: I'm re-doctoring it with some angry monkey business. I expect that to fix it.
    Last edited by Joe_B; 08/28/2011 at 01:52 AM. Reason: don't want ppl wasting their time looking for a fix
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I installed everything and Ubuntu runs fine with LXDE. Thanks so much for this great tutorial, which made this lengthy process quite easy. I do, however, have 2 problems.

First --- I installed Rdesktop and Terminal Server, but it doesn't connect to our Windows 2003 server (error messages: channel register/initializing sound-support failed/IPaddress:unable to connect). I tried RDP and RDPv5. Several windows machine and my Android phone connect easily.

Second -- How can you add display languages and IME's? I tried using the export command with zh_TW.UTF-8 but apparently the language is not supported (LXDE starts up with blocks with question marks in the menus). I would like to enable Simplified and Traditional Chinese, how do I go about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
    I installed everything and Ubuntu runs fine with LXDE. Thanks so much for this great tutorial, which made this lengthy process quite easy. I do, however, have 2 problems.

First --- I installed Rdesktop and Terminal Server, but it doesn't connect to our Windows 2003 server (error messages: channel register/initializing sound-support failed/IPaddress:unable to connect). I tried RDP and RDPv5. Several windows machine and my Android phone connect easily.

Second -- How can you add display languages and IME's? I tried using the export command with zh_TW.UTF-8 but apparently the language is not supported (LXDE starts up with blocks with question marks in the menus). I would like to enable Simplified and Traditional Chinese, how do I go about this?
    Try installing Remmina for RDP/VNC its a sort of all in 1/works q well app, not had any issues so far altho i havent tried it on the type of RDP your using at present.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by geekpeter; 08/28/2011 at 05:54 AM.
    where can i download the Palm SDK file. the HP site isn't working
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    Try installing Remmina for RDP/VNC its a sort of all in 1/works q well app, not had any issues so far altho i havent tried it on the type of RDP your using at present.
    Thanks for the tip -- I did try it and I can connect to our server. However, the keyboard on the remote desktop is totally messed up (only the top and bottom rows work and they produce very unexpected results). Would using "onboard" from a few pages earlier fix that?

I also tried FreeRDP, the keyboard has exactly the same settings as in Remmina. And using other keyboard IDs doesn't help.
    Last edited by HansTWN; 08/28/2011 at 08:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_B View Post
    My keyboard mapping is totally messed up in ubuntu terminal, both onboard and bluetooth. Any ideas?

edit: I'm re-doctoring it with some angry monkey business. I expect that to fix it.
    Just wait 5 seconds between xserver and xterm.

-- Rod
    Everything works perfectly. Thank you! I have my user account in lxde, vertical panel, libreoffice, BT keyboard, and right click. Even a little script to quickly start libreoffice writer without the lxpanel in my user account. Just about to try the vnc client geekpeter mentioned above.

I won't be able to go back to apples' walled garden. With Ubuntu working on top of the excellent webOS interface, the touchpad is the best tablet pc of 2011.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Everything works perfectly. Thank you! I have my user account in lxde, vertical panel, libreoffice, BT keyboard, and right click. Even a little script to quickly start libreoffice writer without the lxpanel in my user account. Just about to try the vnc client geekpeter mentioned above.

I won't be able to go back to apples' walled garden. With Ubuntu working on top of the excellent webOS interface, the touchpad is the best tablet pc of 2011.
    the best vnc server to use in conjunction with an ubuntu/touchpad relationship so far for me is TightVNC on a winblows PC.
    Anyone manage to get SSH SERVER running? I can't seem to get any decent results from OpenSSH or Dropbear.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    the best vnc server to use in conjunction with an ubuntu/touchpad relationship so far for me is TightVNC on a winblows PC.
    Anyone get x2go working on ubuntu or debian chroot? I tried pyhoca-gui on the ubuntu chroot and got RandR errors. I didn't see the x2go-client package available for ubuntu? It is available for debian, but it flickers and goes crazy when connecting.

The only thing I've gotten to work to connect TP to linux box (without using vnc) is tsclient/rdesktop to a linux box running xrdp. Only issue I have is ability to disconnect a session and resume same session later. Any ideas?

Thanks to everyone for making the TP so great.
    So I finally bothered to try, VLC runs a dream had no issue playing 480p h264. Now if only I could sound working.
    ok so i got it working after about 20hrs of trying in like 3 different oses and decided to install gnome cause its the only version im even remotely familliar with si i did apt-get install gnome
    and it started installing and after a while the screen went black and it wasnt showing anything so i hit enter and it like did what appeared to be paused the dl of a file so am i ****ed? or do i just have to rerun the command? any ideas it still hasnt finished so im not sure what is gonna happen overall but it prolly wasnt good any ideas guys?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    When the screen goes black like that, just touch the screen to wake it up
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    bable likes this.
    yeah figured that one out too late gnome didnt work has anyonegotten it wirking?