Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Hi guys,

I am interested in making a patch for my TouchPad calendar. I basically know nothing about coding, or making a patch or anything of the sort. I kinda just want to do it for fun, to see how hard it is, and to learn a little bit in the process.Who knows, maybe the patch will work and I can send it to Preware for other people to use.

What I want to do is make a patch that will automatically put national holidays into the calendar. I may fool around, and try to make it do a few more things that I want done in the Calendar app. Like I said this is more of an experiment, just for me to kind of learn my way around patching and to kind of get into development a little bit.

If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. I read that I should download the doctor, and extract the file I need and edit it with Unified Diff Creator.I know how to download the doctor, but I don't have a clue how to do any of the other things, lol, so if anyone has any advice I would be very appreciative.

Thanks
    I remember there was an app for 1.4.5 that added birthdays from your contacts to the calendar. Maybe the same type of method can be done for holidays. If I find it I will link you to it.