webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developers >  webOS Development > Request: GemRB port for WebOS
Request: GemRB port for WebOS
Like Tree6Likes

Old 10/14/2011, 01:33 PM   #21 (permalink)

Normally, you could scroll around with the keyboard arrow keys.
wheepenpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/2011, 01:50 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheepenpen View Post
Also make sure you're using the retail CD release, at least for BG2. When I tried the GOG release the movies didn't play and the game crashed right after character creation.
I'm 99% sure the steps detailed here will fix the problems with GOG releases: BG2 GOG version on Android: Bottom GUI missing - The Gibberlings Three Forums
PickleFart9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: wheepenpen
Old 10/14/2011, 02:11 PM   #23 (permalink)

ooo! very nice
Old 10/14/2011, 08:25 PM   #24 (permalink)

I just tried the android version, and it uses the relative mouse positioning type input, not the absolute positioning that I put in.

Which do you think is better? Personally, I think on the android version on a big tablet, your arm is gonna get sore, and fast. lol

Oh, and somehow I didnt compile the touchscreen scroll bars in, so another version will come soon, with that feature back in.

Also looking for what inputs/gestures there should be. Like, is the two finger tap for right click a good idea?
grazzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: PickleFart9
Old 10/14/2011, 10:19 PM   #25 (permalink)

I just copied over a widescreen version of BG1 and edited the .cfg accordingly (it's running in 1024x768). Pretty awesome to see this running on the touchpad. One thing - When I choose any sidebar items a 'move' command is also inputted to the spot behind the sidebar in the gameplay area. Maybe this will be fixed in the version with the scroll bars put back in? Either way, thanks again for all your work on this.
0graham0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/2011, 10:57 PM   #26 (permalink)

I think relative mouse input option would be pretty great, having the left and right sides of the screen used for buttons and a bar on the bottom for spacebar/pause. 2-finger right clicking isnt very accurate, but it's uncommon and it works alright. A 3-finger pause would be very cool. The biggest annoyance, like the previous poster mentioned, is having units move when you try to click on the UI.
Old 10/15/2011, 01:22 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
I just tried the android version, and it uses the relative mouse positioning type input, not the absolute positioning that I put in.

Which do you think is better? Personally, I think on the android version on a big tablet, your arm is gonna get sore, and fast. lol

Oh, and somehow I didnt compile the touchscreen scroll bars in, so another version will come soon, with that feature back in.

Also looking for what inputs/gestures there should be. Like, is the two finger tap for right click a good idea?
Thanks so much for all the improvements. Your current control scheme is workable but given you're asking, I'll post some thoughts. Again I'm not saying this is needed...Anyway I think a translucent dpad overlay on the top left of the viewport area would be great for scrolling, a single finger tap to select and bring the second finger down to drag to the second finger, and tap-hold for right click. Alternatively you could drag if you move your finger after a tap-hold... I like the 2-finger tap and 2-finger swipe for keyboard but if you decide to use a different 2-finger gesture, you could just make the keyboard 3 fingers.

If you do change controls, is all that work at least usable for your other programs?
PickleFart9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/2011, 03:54 PM   #28 (permalink)

would be massivly more playable if the camera followed the player, still its pretty good.
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2011, 02:15 PM   #29 (permalink)

any chance the data path could be /media/internal/.bg2 instead of bg2

all the sound/gfx datas now/currently appearing in my native music player etc.
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2011, 05:23 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
any chance the data path could be /media/internal/.bg2 instead of bg2

all the sound/gfx datas now/currently appearing in my native music player etc.
sure, just edit the bg2.cfg in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.grazzt.gemrb/etc and set the correct path you want to use.
Thanked by geekpeter, PickleFart9
Old 10/26/2011, 08:11 AM   #31 (permalink)

0.2.2 released

This should fix all taps to be single clicks. Right click is still a two finger tap.
Also the scroll bars work now (I hope). The config file is now defaulted to enable them.
I think its pretty much playable now?

Probably last release for a while. I find playing it hard and not very enjoyable on the touchpad, and am not really interested in continuing it. :-(
Old 01/25/2013, 04:10 PM   #32 (permalink)

I know this thread has been dead for a long time, but does anyone have the ipk for this? Grazzt's site seems to be down and google just seems to point back to grazzt as the sole distributor of this build. Kind of a bummer.
limnion is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0