webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developers >  webOS Development > New App: Synology Music Player
New App: Synology Music Player
  Closed Thread
Like Tree11Likes

Old 08/15/2011, 03:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

<<< THREAD MOVED >>>

Please follow Synology Music Player - synoMusic

Hello everybody.

Some synology users asked me, if I can create music streaming app for synology NAS servers.

SynoMusic allows you to stream music from Synology DiskStation to your phone/touchpad.

UPDATE to version 0.4.2 in Preware

- major Touchpad update - playlist
- logic fixes
- play next song fix

0.3.8:
- position seek (stream)
- filename instead of song title (prefrerences)
- bugfixes

0.3.5:
- you can type to search items (only on active page)
- ability to set number of items per page (50-150)
- bugfixes

Last edited by panel; 03/23/2012 at 05:37 PM. Reason: update
Liked by Rnp, VasTheGreek, migu_be and 4 others like this.
Old 08/15/2011, 05:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

you're the man! I can't wait to use this. After the update to 3.02 I can play music on the nas' media player through the browser but having this app finally will be a nice change! Thanks for all your work.
Old 08/16/2011, 01:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
you're the man! I can't wait to use this. After the update to 3.02 I can play music on the nas' media player through the browser but having this app finally will be a nice change! Thanks for all your work.
You, don't need to thank me, because it's lot of work to be done
Old 08/16/2011, 01:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

Couldn't you somehow team up with Tibfib and integrate this as a service in Koto-Player. You can actually fork it here: https://github.com/Tibfib/Koto-Player
Old 08/16/2011, 03:28 AM   #5 (permalink)

Great work so far ! I too have a Synology NAS 411j the iPhone / iPad apps are great especially with you being able to stream to TV's and stuff.

Good luck with your continued development
Old 08/16/2011, 04:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamandel View Post
Couldn't you somehow team up with Tibfib and integrate this as a service in Koto-Player. You can actually fork it here: https://github.com/Tibfib/Koto-Player
Hmm, I will look at that.
Old 08/19/2011, 02:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Beta version available for testing:

SynoMusic | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
Old 08/19/2011, 03:46 AM   #8 (permalink)

what do I need to enable on Synology machine to test it? So far I was able to play music over DLNA from synology. With this application the login pass, but than it is stucked on screen Music Browser with rotating circle on the right side.
Old 08/19/2011, 06:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hi,

thank's for testing.

Is your synology DSM accessible to your phone (port 5000 for http or 5001 for https) ? Try to open web browser and connect to your NAS.

Then you have to enable Audio Station in control panel (see screenshots).

Sometimes login stuck and timeout not working. I have to make research why it's happening. When it happens, I will restart app a it will successfully connect.
Attached Images
File Type: png dsm-1.png (158.5 KB, 63 views) Email Attachment
File Type: png dsm-2.png (97.2 KB, 55 views) Email Attachment
Old 08/20/2011, 03:30 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panel View Post
Hi,

thank's for testing.

Is your synology DSM accessible to your phone (port 5000 for http or 5001 for https) ? Try to open web browser and connect to your NAS.

Then you have to enable Audio Station in control panel (see screenshots).

Sometimes login stuck and timeout not working. I have to make research why it's happening. When it happens, I will restart app a it will successfully connect.
yes, this Audio station information was missing to me. Than I have assigned rights for this application to my user in Synology and it works! What I don't understand are this counts on the top right corner. I have for example 5 songs in the folder and up is 1/6.
Old 08/20/2011, 04:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

counter is not working right, it counts all items in folder tracks and folders too and I think that return folder row too

I will fix it.

I want to make some position bar.
Old 08/20/2011, 04:10 AM   #12 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Milanroubal: if you are using Touchpad, can you make some screenshots please?

Thanks.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Old 08/21/2011, 03:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Milanroubal: if you are using Touchpad, can you make some screenshots please?

Thanks.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
I'm using a touchpad and I took a couple screenshots for you. Is there anything specific you wanted a shot of?

I have one of now playing screen and one of the folder lists.

edit: An issue that I've ran into is I cannot scroll down any further than half way through the folders with the letter A. Also for some reason on my Pre there isn't any audio, but on my touchpad music plays fine.

Last edited by Stevesrjr86; 08/21/2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 08/22/2011, 04:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
I'm using a touchpad and I took a couple screenshots for you. Is there anything specific you wanted a shot of?

I have one of now playing screen and one of the folder lists.

edit: An issue that I've ran into is I cannot scroll down any further than half way through the folders with the letter A. Also for some reason on my Pre there isn't any audio, but on my touchpad music plays fine.
Thanks for testing.

I wanted only to see how it looks like on bigger screen.

Yes I haven't solved for paging in folder/song list, but this week i will be done Now you will see only first page (i think there's only first 25 items).

I will make an update on it, I made scroll bar for position and displays playin time / total time.

It needs some graphical enhancements, but I haven't graphical feeling If somebody have any idea how can I make it better, please let me know.

About running on Pre, hmm, I have Pre Plus and Pre2 and both playing OK. There are sometimes bug, that music is not started to play. Please try it again and wait some time, maybe there's buffering gap. There are plenty of statuses on audio object in webOs and sometime is hard to find what is actually audio doing.
Old 08/22/2011, 10:05 AM   #15 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I have fixed track count and added played time and scroll bar for position.

I will submit update in evening.

What I missing is Playing now button in browser mode This will be next update
Attached Images
File Type: png synomusic_2011-22-08_165331.png (71.8 KB, 38 views) Email Attachment
Old 08/22/2011, 10:14 AM   #16 (permalink)

Has anyone had success connecting to a DSM running on a port other than 5000 or 5001? I run mine from port 443, so my server address shows as xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443, but it won't connect. However, I can successfully access the DSM through browser at that address.
Old 08/22/2011, 10:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drimo View Post
Has anyone had success connecting to a DSM running on a port other than 5000 or 5001? I run mine from port 443, so my server address shows as xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443, but it won't connect. However, I can successfully access the DSM through browser at that address.
Hi,

now you can connect with it only on port 5000 / 5001

I will make preferences, and there you can change connection port.
Old 08/22/2011, 11:06 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
I will make preferences, and there you can change connection port.
Sounds good, thanks! I will keep an eye out for the next version.
Old 08/23/2011, 09:22 AM   #19 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

new version in preware
Old 08/23/2011, 09:32 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
new version in preware
Awesome, the new port setting worked beautifully! Thanks man!
Closed Thread

Tags
music player, stream, synology

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0