Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nimer55
  1.    #1  
    Hi,
    This feature is one of the most promising but since my android phone is pretty new and I do not want to dump it to get a pre 3 once it's out is anyone interested/capable of creating an app that does exactly what the title says?
    I know that for android phones this is possible but not sure if it is possible without a host application. In order to use [url=http://www.fjsoft.at/en/]MyPhone Explorer[url] for android I have to use an application on android acting as a server and then run the windows software. Here I don't have to use bluetooth but only wifi or usb.

But here Cantaffordit mentions that garmin can see the contacts, dial numbers etc etc on his phone using bluetooth. So I guess it might be possible without a server app for android.

I don't know if it is appropriate to say it here but I'm willing to support the funding of such app and I think that a lot of people here would be willing to support it too.
    wouldn't this require an android developer? You might want to post the same question on our sister site androidcentral.com to see what sort of response you get.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    wouldn't this require an android developer? You might want to post the same question on our sister site androidcentral.com to see what sort of response you get.
    How does your Garmin gets all the infos from your phone? And what phone do you have?
    I thought that since you don't need an application for garmin pairing to work this can work without an app too right?
    I have used my garmin with my centro, pre plus, and pre2.

I just tell it to look for BT devices and it finds my phone.

I think it's a Nuvi 765T, and it's about 3 years old.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I have used my garmin with my centro, pre plus, and pre2.

I just tell it to look for BT devices and it finds my phone.

I think it's a Nuvi 765T, and it's about 3 years old.
    And I remember using my Ericsson k750 to browse through bluetooth my phone messages on another k750 without any host application.
    So I guess that since palm and sony ericsson had this option, it is possible for this to exist on android phones too. Right? So there is no need for any app from the android side if the app works using bluetooth.
  6.    #6  
    No one wants to create an app like the one described above? I thought that most of you would want to see touchpad be able to pair more than webOS phones

I read in a thread that by changing some configuration files someone was very close to be able to print in non-hp printers. Maybe that's the case here too.
    I need to find something like this, my palm pre has been long dead, but I've always loved web Os and often thought of it while using my android phone (a Samsung epic). Then bam! Firesale and I'm back on a web Os platform! Now if I could just get my devices to talk...
    I would most definitively enjoy something like this. Not unlike many, I was forced to go leave WebOS for phones (due to HP never releasing the pre3), but bought a Touchpad since I'm such a huge fan (or because It was $150 for the 32gb, don't remember which it was), and have been hopping for something like this.
    PatronPM likes this.