Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    On Preware: TBtransfer. TBtransfer | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

A yet small tool to transfer files from any host in your local network from and to your TouchPad. All it needs is a small server program running on any host you want. You get this for free from Sourceforge, see the description of the app for URL.

This App is very early alpha release.
    it Works :-)
    has anyone gotten the TP - PC transfer working?

For an early Alpha it is working great for transferring my files from any PC in my network.
    IIIxe -> Handera 330 -> Tungsten C -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre-, Pre2 & Touchpad 32

http://about.me/robert.whisler
  4.    #4  
    What did you try to do? The TBaccess server doesn't allow to overwrite files on the PC. I made that for security. Did you get any message or did it simply nothing?

I myself transfer most files from PC to Pad (video, music, ...) so transfering back is not tested as good as transfer to pad.
    Works great on both mine and my wifes TPs. Copies fast. Wish you could move entire directories all at once (ebooks) but since it is alpha, I hope it in the greater plan. Even in alpha it works very well.

Well done author!
    Are there any firewall settings that I should be using? I can't get the TouchPad to see my server running Windows 7 with Microsoft Security Essentials.
  7.    #7  
    If you configured the network interface as your home network when asked by Windows there is no need for firewall setting.
    Works fine with ubuntu's tbaccess server. Thanks
    great job! keep it going
    The app is amazing
    Ty very very much. It's the only thing that I use to transfer file from TP to PC and vice versa. I 'm not aware of any other tool to do that. Only e-mail of course

Some food for thought
    1) Ability to open the transfered files on TP directly from the TBtransfer
    2) Ability to transfer multiple files
    3) Bookmark paths so that I won't have to go always to /media/internal to transfer files

Amazing App though. Really recommend it.
    I agree with Viper and all the rest, this is amazing and what I've wanted since I got my touchpad.

The only improvements that would be nice are:

An option in preferences to re-log into your previous server each time it's run, in case you only have one computer you connect it to. As well as the option to resume with the same directory you last used.

Being able to select more than one file or folder like on windows with check marks beside file names, or any other simple way to select multiples would be nice.

And I know you can do this with Internalz but being able to rename, delete, or move files couldn't hurt to have it all in one program.
    Quote Originally Posted by juergen View Post
    What did you try to do? The TBaccess server doesn't allow to overwrite files on the PC. I made that for security.
    Apparently it does not allow to overwrite files on the TouchPad either. Personally I would prefer if you would allow for files to be overwrittent in both direction, albeit with a warning. Also, it would be nice if 'TBTransfer' could remember the last used folder, specially on the TouchPad side. Ofcourse, multiple file copy and complete folder copying would also be great. Thanks.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Are there any plans to allow folder transfer?
    Pardon my denseness - but I cannot seem to locate TBaccess or any link to it or description of it.

Help
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    Pardon my denseness - but I cannot seem to locate TBaccess or any link to it or description of it.

Help
    The first post contains a link to a PreCentral page with the download. You need to be logged in to PreCentral in order to see the download.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Thanks - in my haste I missed the parathetical link on the PreCentral blurb/page.

Got it - will "play" later today.

Thanks again!
    cannot detect the server. installed on Windows 7 64-bit.. Please help
    On Preware: TBtransfer. TBtransfer | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

A yet small tool to transfer files from any host in your local network from and to your TouchPad. All it needs is a small server program running on any host you want. You get this for free from Sourceforge, see the description of the app for URL.

I downloaded TBtransfer, but have not been able to locate TBaccess. I entered the URL and registered at Sourceforge, but when I searched for TBaccess I got no search results. How in the world can I get TBaccess?
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I installed this on my win 7 (32bit) home machien and it works great. Windows firewall did ask me to allow it when first run. I put it on my office network server (SBS08) and VPN'ed to the office, but it could not find it. So I put it on a workstation, but it couldn't find it either. The workstation's firewall policies are conrolled from the server. Perhaps you might tell us what ports its using to make sure the office policies allow it.

Very nice program, I look forward to being able to grab office docs and edit them on my TP.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad

It was easy to set up and works great.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of copying a huger 560mb video file to the root directoy.
    (instead of the media folder that I usually) Not only can I not find the file, I can't even
    delete it on the Touchpad, or when connected to a PC in USB mode.

Any help appreciated!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast