Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by goldyman View Post
    Transfer is working great on my Mac laptop running Snow Leopard (10.6). Even with a corporate firewall in place, all is great.

A note for anyone having trouble with TouchPad to Computer transfers: I didn't think it worked either til I realized you have to open a directory on the computer (left) side of TBTransfer before the TouchPad will recognize it. Not sure if I verbalized that well ...
    Did you run the .jar file from the zip instead of the .exe file that runs with Windows? My brother-in-law has a Mac and I need to set this up for him. I don't usually work with Macs so I just want to confirm. Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drlucas View Post
    I am having the same issue, but with Win 7 64-bit.
    I ran into the same problem. I recognized that the network classification I have at a visiting apartment was set to "public" and I initially set TBaccess to work in home networks only. I didn't think it would be a problem as both PC/TP are on a 192.168.x.x network. However I just changed the network family to "home" and now it finds TBaccess w/o a problem. Hope this solves some issues for others!
    Last edited by gizmoto; 10/25/2011 at 05:54 AM. Reason: found my own resolution
    will this run on an enyo enabled phone like Pre3 or any other now having enyo through HP Maps update?

If not, is it possible to make it work on phones? (would apply as betatester)
    I clicked on the jar and the Tpad program found my macbook.
    I clicked file transfer from the TPad and it says transferring data but nothing seems to be happening. I picked a ringtone to transfer as a test case.

Do I need to configure something on the mac side? The jar file is in my icon tray but doesn't look it has configure settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I clicked on the jar and the Tpad program found my macbook.
    I clicked file transfer from the TPad and it says transferring data but nothing seems to be happening. I picked a ringtone to transfer as a test case.

Do I need to configure something on the mac side? The jar file is in my icon tray but doesn't look it has configure settings.
    If it is a small file, the transfer is very fast. Are you transferring to the TP or from the TP to the Mac? Either way--open up the folder you thought you were transferring the file to and take a look for it (get a file manager program for your TP if you don't already have one--Tegi's Commander is free in the HP apps catalog, Gemini File Manager is $2.99 with several more features, and Internalz Pro is available for free through Preware).

FYI--there are no configuration settings for the windows file so I doubt there are for the Mac file. Once you run the file in windows, it just sits in the tray until you right click on it and select Exit--that closes it on the computer.
    I can't seem to get the pc recognized. I have java -jar TBaccess.jar running under ubuntu 11.04 and the TBAccess client running on my TP, but it cannot detect my ubuntu machine. When the java file starts up it says "Listen: 0.0.0.0". How did other ubuntu users get it to work?
    Somehow TB File Transfer lost the ability to search for server. I uninstalled and reinstalled via preware, but it did not help. Uninstalled again, and installed via USB with QuickInstall and that worked.

Also, I somehow .jar files would not open in XP for me. Tools -> Folder Options... -> File Types. There will be a list of extensions, so go to JAR. If it opens with javaw, click Change and select "Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition binary fixed this.
    Love the app. would love to see the ability to transfer a folder with all of its files! Great job
    I'm having the problem that others seems to be having with TBaccess running fine in Windows 7 (64-bit for me), but no servers showing up on the TouchPad with TBTransfer application.

I appreciated the suggestion from gizmoto above, but I double-checked and my network was already set to home so this didn't help me.

I was hoping there would be some debugging steps or any kind of help, but since the app seems to be alpha 0.1 (and has been for a few months now), it looks like that isn't coming down the pike any time soon.
    I had an idea to set up TBaccess on a different computer (also 64-bit Win 7 though) that I had available and see if the TouchPad could connect to that one. I'm now 0 for 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland View Post
    I had an idea to set up TBaccess on a different computer (also 64-bit Win 7 though) that I had available and see if the TouchPad could connect to that one. I'm now 0 for 2.
    I am running on Win 7 64-bit with no problem. Have you checked your firewall settings? I'm not sure (because I've set up a lot of different things since I got my TP) but the first time I ran the TBaccess program, I think a dialog box popped up asking whether to allow this...

I could be wrong but I'm guessing it's a setting on your computers or network that is keeping the TP from see the computer.
    It quite possibly is a setting on my computer, but it isn't exactly clear which settings to check.

You made a good point with the Firewall settings. I had it on, so I turned it completely off (just temporarily to see if this is the cause). Unfortunately that didn't fix anything.

When I got the dialog, I clicked the box that gave it permissions, so that doesn't seem to be the fix.

I appreciate the attempt to help. It's just an all or nothing thing without any kind of debugging and I'm stuck at nothing right now.
    It quite possibly is a setting on my computer, but it isn't exactly clear which settings to check.

You made a good point with the Firewall settings. I had it on, so I turned it completely off (just temporarily to see if this is the cause). Unfortunately that didn't fix anything.

When I got the dialog, I clicked the box that gave it permissions, so that doesn't seem to be the fix.

I appreciate the attempt to help. It's just an all or nothing thing without any kind of debugging and I'm stuck at nothing right now.
    I assume you did this when you looked at the firewall settings but if not...
    Go to Control Panel>System and Security>Windows Firewall>Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall

Scroll down until you see Network Discovery--make sure it is checked and the appropriate boxes on that line are checked (Home/Work (Private) and/or Public). That's my best guess at this point.

(I also assume you are running the TBaccess.exe file and not TBaccess.jar.)

FYI--I do have a homegroup set up with specific file types selected for sharing but I have no idea if that makes a difference. I think maybe the question to get answered is how gizmoto (post #42 above) "initially set TBaccess to work in home networks only" since you can't find a setting to do that...
    Last edited by elsie2; 11/22/2011 at 02:59 AM.
    Thanks elsie2,

I had just turned off Windows Firewall completely so that I can eliminate that problem. I went through your steps though and I did already have Network Discovery checked for the Home/Work Private group.

I also have all the file types selected for sharing.

You can change the homegroup by going to the Network and Sharing Center and clicking below the name of the wifi connection you have. It gives you the choice of home, work, or public. I am choosing home like gitmoto suggested (see my #49 post).
    Thanks elsie2,

I had just turned off Windows Firewall completely so that I can eliminate that problem. I went through your steps though and I did already have Network Discovery checked for the Home/Work Private group.

I also have all the file types selected for sharing.

You can change the homegroup by going to the Network and Sharing Center and clicking below the name of the wifi connection you have. It gives you the choice of home, work, or public. I am choosing home like gitmoto suggested (see my #49 post).
    Sorry--I wasn't clear. I know how to change homegroup. The way gizmoto (post #42 above) phrased it--"initially set TBaccess to work in home networks only" sounded like he was setting TBaccess specifically.

I think I've pretty much exhausted my ideas for you other than (1) uninstalling and reinstalling the app through webOS Quick Install as gergev did (post #47) and/or (2) taking your TP to a friend's house and trying it on their computer (run TBaccess on their computer). If it works there, you need to find out what is different from your setup. If you do the uninstall/reinstall, make sure you restart your TP before trying the app.

I've run this on two different Win 7 64 bit computers, two different XP computers, two different networks (one with a homegroup and one without), and 3 different TouchPads without a problem. I recommend this app to lots of people. I wish I knew what was unique about your setup in case I run into the problem when I recommend this to someone else!

If you are still stuck, load WiFi TouchPad File Browser/Uploaded from Preware. You will be able to copy files from your computer to your TP using that as long as you have an internet connection (don't use Internet Explorer). You can also move files from the TP to your computer using that, too, but it's not designed for that so you need to figure it out. Also, you can use Gemini File Manager to browse the files on your TP and copy them to the download folder on your computer.

I like TBtransfer the best but if it's not working for you then one of those other solutions should accomplish what you need in terms of moving files both ways between your computer and the TP.
    I was able to get TBTransfer working on my windows 7 64 bit laptop after uninstalling Norton and turning on Windows Firewall. Very nice. TbTransfer didn't work when I had disabled Norton temporarily, but only when i uninstalled it.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    I have just downloaded TBTransfer on my TouchPad today in the morning. Unfortunately I forgot about the application on the PC side. After having started TBTransfer on the TouchPad it showed a grey background only at it was the first time I had to hard reboot (via power and middle key) my TouchPad. It would be nice if TBTransfer showed some information, e.g. like "Connecting...." and a countdown for the timeout.
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by connie2000 View Post
    I was able to get TBTransfer working on my windows 7 64 bit laptop after uninstalling Norton and turning on Windows Firewall. Very nice. TbTransfer didn't work when I had disabled Norton temporarily, but only when i uninstalled it.
    What Norton are you running? I run just the basic Norton Antivirus on Win 7 64--TBtransfer works fine with it.
    It started to suddenly work over the last couple of days. I've been making a lot of changes on my computers to support numerous programs (Simple.TV, PogoPlug, and others), but the one thing that comes to mind is that I had to open up my router to allow UDP on a certain port. (Can't remember which one the at this point, but it was in the 3000s probably 3500s).

Makes sense in hindsight.
    Quote Originally Posted by elsie2 View Post
    What Norton are you running? I run just the basic Norton Antivirus on Win 7 64--TBtransfer works fine with it.
    I was running Norton Internet Security 2011.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast