Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Okay I admit I am a n00b.

I installed the IPK on my touchapad through Preware (had to remove the querystring parameters in the URL for it to install correctly)

I have downloaded, unzipped, and run the TBtransfer server app from SourceForge.net and I can see the TBTransfer icon in my laptop system tray (winXP)

I do not see any options to configure anything in this application on my laptop though.

On the Touchpad, I can try "Search Server" but it comes up with nothing.

What step am I missing? What configuration is required on the laptop to setup the server amd how do I do it? Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_e View Post
    I have downloaded, unzipped, and run the TBtransfer server app from SourceForge.net and I can see the TBTransfer icon in my laptop system tray (winXP)
    On the Touchpad, I can try "Search Server" but it comes up with nothing.
    I am having the same issue, but with Win 7 64-bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by drlucas View Post
    I am having the same issue, but with Win 7 64-bit.
    Me to!
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    Maybe it's a software firewall issue? Mine worked and it found it, just thinking about setting it up to autostart, guess I'd just run msconfig and add it in there.
    Transfer is working great on my Mac laptop running Snow Leopard (10.6). Even with a corporate firewall in place, all is great.

A note for anyone having trouble with TouchPad to Computer transfers: I didn't think it worked either til I realized you have to open a directory on the computer (left) side of TBTransfer before the TouchPad will recognize it. Not sure if I verbalized that well ...
    When I first glanced at this I thought it was Windows only but then saw the jar for Linux so it's running fine on my Ubuntu laptop as well. Very cool, thanks. Prolly save some where and tear on my USB port to move files around.
    thx, it's a fantastic app.
    Love this app! Is the dev still working on it? I seem to be having a problem transfer larger file, like videos. It take awhile to transfer and in the end the video won't even play. Using the USB cable the video file works just fine. No mater how many time I transfer it using ACcess it just won't play.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrxblanchard View Post
    Love this app! Is the dev still working on it? I seem to be having a problem transfer larger file, like videos. It take awhile to transfer and in the end the video won't even play. Using the USB cable the video file works just fine. No mater how many time I transfer it using ACcess it just won't play.
    How large? I transferred a 278MB video and it played fine. Update - as an experiment, I created a RAR file almost a GB in size and transferred it to my touchpad. Took a while and was corrupt when tested so there is some size limit there between 278MB and 966MB where problems start to occur, just not sure exactly where the breakpoint is.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Maybe it's a software firewall issue? Mine worked and it found it, just thinking about setting it up to autostart, guess I'd just run msconfig and add it in there.
    just drop a shortcut into the startup folder.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    Can someone tell me the steps after running the TB Transfer EXE on the Win XP machine?

Thanks!
    Can someone tell me the steps after running the TB Transfer EXE on the Win XP machine?

Thanks!
    I'll assume you meant after running tbaccess.exe on the Win XP machine. So after that you run TB File Transfer on the Touchpad and it should find any PCs on your LAN running TBAccess and you pick the one you want. After that a split window comes up and you have to set the desired paths on both sides. Then you touch a file to transfer, in either direction and say transfer and that's pretty much it. As noted earlier in this thread, there seems to be an upper limit on file size, somewhere between 278MB and 966MB as the smaller of those two worked for me while the larger didn't. But any file 278MB or smaller has worked great for me.
    Port information; port 3699 listening (Windows Vista):

TCP Java(TM) Platform SE binary * 3699 * 0 Listen (Listening for incoming connection)

javaw.exe C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Executable info below:
    javaw.exe Java(TM) Platform SE binary

started by TBaccess.exe TBaccess Sun Microsystems, Inc.
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    How large? I transferred a 278MB video and it played fine. Update - as an experiment, I created a RAR file almost a GB in size and transferred it to my touchpad. Took a while and was corrupt when tested so there is some size limit there between 278MB and 966MB where problems start to occur, just not sure exactly where the breakpoint is.
    Sorry I lost this thread. The file I transferred was about 968MB and wouldn't play. I haven't messed around with any other video files. It would be nice to know the file size limit or better yet have no limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrxblanchard View Post
    Sorry I lost this thread. The file I transferred was about 968MB and wouldn't play. I haven't messed around with any other video files. It would be nice to know the file size limit or better yet have no limit.
    Wow, that's within a couple of MB of the file size that failed for me. Either there is some sort of upper limit on file transfers with TBtransfer or it just plain doesn't like files of that size,
    514MB .mkv file just transfered in about 7 minutes and played (kalemsoft media player) perfectly.

Ok, Now I just transfered another .mkv this time 1577MB (1.53GB shown) played just fine through kalemsoft. (took about 30 minutes to transfer)

So file size doesn't seem to be the issue. Perhaps it doesn't like certain file types.
    Last edited by jxrxblanchard; 10/13/2011 at 10:21 PM. Reason: more info
    This is exactly what I've been looking for. Great app.
    Add the ability to delete/rename files and I'd pay good money for it.
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by chesl73 View Post
    This is exactly what I've been looking for. Great app.
    Add the ability to delete/rename files and I'd pay good money for it.
    Thanks.
    Just add a file manager program to your TP--Tegi's Commander is free in the HP App Catalog, Gemini File Manager (has more features) is $2.99 in the HP App Catalog. It's one extra step but pretty quick to do what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by elsie2 View Post
    Just add a file manager program to your TP--Tegi's Commander is free in the HP App Catalog, Gemini File Manager (has more features) is $2.99 in the HP App Catalog. It's one extra step but pretty quick to do what you want.
    Thanks. After using this app a lot over the last week I think the main thing it needs is the ability to transfer a folder and/or multiple files. Great app, so convenient compared to messing around with the USB and having to actually get up and go over to the pc.
    Had this app for about a week now. Works like a charm on my Win7 64 Ultimate. No more need to even go upstairs to my comp anymore.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast