Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    could you upload your Arial Unicode MS here please? i downloaded one from the net but it still didnt work when i renamed it.. oh yeah and what did you renamed the arial unicode ms to?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aznarth View Post
    could you upload your Arial Unicode MS here please? i downloaded one from the net but it still didnt work when i renamed it.. oh yeah and what did you renamed the arial unicode ms to?
    it's there on all windows PC under C://windows/fonts. Rename as per post 4. Clear cache, cookies and full restart.
    awesome, thanks, worked perfectly!!
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk View Post
    did anyone manage to get gujaratsamachar or sandesh work? on my pre I use m.newshunt.com/Sandesh but it does not work on touchpad!
    if sandesh does not work for you, try getting the font called shruti.ttf and send it to /usr/share/fonts
    Quote Originally Posted by aznarth View Post

make sure the extension is lower case .ttf (upper case .TTF will NOT work) before you copy.
    I found every other font but arialuni.ttf. I have Windows 7 64 --- just copied shruti.ttf and shrutib.ttf.. now waiting to restart.. nope.. it didn't work.

I am surprised I don't have arialuni.ttf on my machine but all those websites open up fine on my computer!!

Any help?
    Quote Originally Posted by hirenpathak View Post
    I found every other font but arialuni.ttf. I have Windows 7 64 --- just copied shruti.ttf and shrutib.ttf.. now waiting to restart.. nope.. it didn't work.

I am surprised I don't have arialuni.ttf on my machine but all those websites open up fine on my computer!!

Any help?
    the font is called "Arial Unicode MS" in the C:\Windows\Fonts folder
    Nope. .couldn't find it there. I finally downloaded it from the web and all is well now.

Thank you.
    To all who can read Gujarati/Hindi fonts in their Touchpas using this method, can you please confirm if you can see the Bengali fonts in the following site?
    anandabazar.in
    The above site is unicode (supposedly), so no need to install any specific Bengali font. Please let me know if you see junk characters showing boxes or see proper Bengali fonts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dazed378 View Post
    To all who can read Gujarati/Hindi fonts in their Touchpas using this method, can you please confirm if you can see the Bengali fonts in the following site?
    anandabazar.in
    The above site is unicode (supposedly), so no need to install any specific Bengali font. Please let me know if you see junk characters showing boxes or see proper Bengali fonts.
    I can see bengali fonts on left side but the main middle part are all blocks... :-(

I have tried all above steps for following sites but same issue, partially I can see the site in that language while main news/detailed news is all "squares"...

1. eSakal
    2. Loksatta - Marathi Newspaper, Daily Marathi News, Marathi News Online
    3. PUDHARI e-Paper

If somehow a browser like Opera can be made working on Touchpad all these issues will resolve....
    Hmm, the fonts that you see on the left side are probably images...same applies for the other sites that you mentioned....opera still looks like a distant dream for TouchPad....
    anyway, I'll try the method on my TP tonight and see for myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by dazed378 View Post
    Hmm, the fonts that you see on the left side are probably images...same applies for the other sites that you mentioned....opera still looks like a distant dream for TouchPad....
    anyway, I'll try the method on my TP tonight and see for myself.
    the site doesn't work because the site is set to use a font family called "SHREE_BAN_OTF_0592", which does not exist on the TP. might need to modify the fontconfig in /etc/fonts to replace that family with sans-serif.
    @ptrshah, could you please explain in detail?
    I followed the method described in this thread and was able to see Bengali font in anandabazar.in and Marathi font in esakal.com. The key is to make sure the copied file extension is .ttf and not .TTF. However, the composite letters do not appear correctly.
    Last edited by dazed378; 08/31/2011 at 05:40 PM.
    dazed378: all the fonts I transferred have extension as .ttf and not .TTF

Ok lets do this step by step.... can you lay out exact steps you took to drop different fonts with the sequence you did it...

I tried the sequence above 3 times (also restarted touchpad) but with same results :-( Apart from copying the font do you also in some way install them???
    Here are the steps I followed:
    - Clear cache and cookies from browser preferences menu.
    - Copy "Arial Unicode MS" font, i.e. arialuni.TTF file from C:\winodws\fonts to c:\.
    - Rename the file "arialuni.TTF" to "Heisei_Kaku_Gothic_nb.ttf".
    - Plug in TouchPad to the PC
    - Use WebOS Quick Install to send the file Heisei_Kaku_Gothic_nb.ttf from C: drive to "/usr/share/fonts" on TouchPad.
    - Restart TouchPad.
    just small change I did not use \ before usr
    Quote Originally Posted by Filjosh View Post
    just small change I did not use \ before usr
    Did you use "usr/share/fonts" ?
    Tried again..... Unfortunately I still see "squares" when I visit above sites.... I am surely missing some piece of the puzzle.... :-(

Steps:
    1. using quick install and transferring/sending 1 file at a time.... (not sure if there is a way to install apart from sending file....)
    2. Shutdown and restart
    3. visit above sites.... "squares" again....
    What do you mean by sending 1 file at a time? How many files are you trying to send? You need to send only one file, that is Heisei_Kaku_Gothic_nb.ttf. Also, did you clear cookies and cache from browser before starting the process? Finally, I don't know if it makes any dfference (I guess not), still as the last step, I did not shoutdown and restart, I only restarted my TP pressing Power and Home button together for 15 secs.
    Quote Originally Posted by space4u2go View Post
    Tried again..... Unfortunately I still see "squares" when I visit above sites.... I am surely missing some piece of the puzzle.... :-(

Steps:
    1. using quick install and transferring/sending 1 file at a time.... (not sure if there is a way to install apart from sending file....)
    2. Shutdown and restart
    3. visit above sites.... "squares" again....
    can you open the "Terminal" from WebOS Quick Install, navigate to "/usr/share/fonts" (run "cd /usr/share/fonts") and copy/paste the output of 'ls -la | grep Heisei_Kaku_Gothic_nb' command here?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast