Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By FenrirWolf
  • 4 Post By PrinceAlbert
  • 3 Post By bevcraw
  • 1 Post By MDsmartphone
  1.    #1  
    So noob question: what does the "make it so" patch do?
    It's a goofy patch to make the "Just Type..." field say "Make it so..." instead
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    I see pandas.
    LOL...awesome.
    I like it. Captain Picard used to say, "Make it So" everytime he issued an order to a member of his staff on "Star Trek - The Next Generation" :.)
    -Peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    It's a goofy patch to make the "Just Type..." field say "Make it so..." instead
    Goofy? Maybe to some people, but not to others. Live and let live (or is it "Live long and prosper").
    fmarcanojr, C-Note and fxspec06 like this.
    Indeed. Nice quote. Mahatma Gandhi once said that during his peaceful resistance :.)
    -Peace
    Should be hp's motto to release the pre 3
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Goofy? Maybe to some people, but not to others. Live and let live (or is it "Live long and prosper").
    nothing bad about goofy. His cartoons were pretty funny too.
  10.    #10  
    Ahaha that's awesome! I'm downloading this tonight haha.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    edit:I was able to use the make it so patch to add a custom message. It was actually pretty easy to do using Internalz.

Now my question is: Does showing others how to do this violate any homebrew ethics or code of honor? (seriously) Is this considered hijacking code? I don't want to offend whoever wrote the patch or break any developer's rules.

second edit: Here's the screenshot:

Last edited by akshunj; 08/27/2011 at 10:22 PM. Reason: added screenshot...
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I could never get my fingers to do "live long and prosper." But I can get them to do "die quick and fail"
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    bumpin for some feedback...
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    edit:I was able to use the make it so patch to add a custom message. It was actually pretty easy to do using Internalz.

Now my question is: Does showing others how to do this violate any homebrew ethics or code of honor? (seriously) Is this considered hijacking code? I don't want to offend whoever wrote the patch or break any developer's rules.
    Perfectly fine. Just don't share Palm modified files. Sharing the modified .patch file is fine and encouraged.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Perfectly fine. Just don't share Palm modified files. Sharing the modified .patch file is fine and encouraged.
    Yeah, what he said.

Unfortunately, we can't make it customisable using Tweaks. If we could, you'd be able to add your own custom message easily.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Thanks Rod. Is there a guide for writing patches and having them added to Preware? I had another idea, but I can think of two or maybe even three ways to approach it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yeah, what he said.

Unfortunately, we can't make it customisable using Tweaks. If we could, you'd be able to add your own custom message easily.

-- Rod
    Couldn't you make a little engine like the "add tabs to launcher" into Tweaks and have it compile/install a patch with the custom string in there?
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne