1.    #1  
    Hi,

I am trying to use Synergy server to connect to synergy client on my touchpad (on the same network) and share the keyboard and mouse, as all those cool people have done.

I have already installed xecutah/xserver/ubuntu on my touchpad and that works great. I also installed the synergy package on the touchpad. I started a synergy server on my Win7 desktop. To start a client on touchpad I do:

synergyc -f <servername>

It tries to connect but ends up with timeout and retries.
    To check if the server and client can see each other I pinged from either end.

I was able to ping the touchpad from the server but the touchpad could not ping the server. Could this be a reason? If so can someone please suggest a solution.

Solutions tried:
    Added synergy to firewall exception list. [Still doesnt work]

Many thanks,
    Sahil
    FWIW, I use the synergyc -f <ip address> instead of the servername. I can connect to the server but I get a Segmentation fault shortly there after on the client.

Here's the server log.

This is an experimental x64 build of Synergy. Use it at your own risk.
    accepted client connection
    received client "HPTouchPad" info shape=0,0 1024x518 at 421,470
    active sides: 2
    client "HPTouchpad" has connected
    client "HPTouchPad" has disconnected
    active sides: 2
  3.    #3  
    @peterlemonjello
    I tried connecting my touchpad as a client to a server (at work) running Fedora, and I run into the same issue as you. It does identify and connects but then quickly disconnects with a Segmentation fault.

That means I have to figure out 2 things:
    1. Whats up with my Win7 port firewall.
    2. And figure out whats the Segmentation fault about.

Thanks,
    Sahil
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sahil0984 View Post
    @peterlemonjello
    I tried connecting my touchpad as a client to a server (at work) running Fedora, and I run into the same issue as you. It does identify and connects but then quickly disconnects with a Segmentation fault.

That means I have to figure out 2 things:
    1. Whats up with my Win7 port firewall.
    2. And figure out whats the Segmentation fault about.

Thanks,
    Sahil
    Fixed the first issue by changing the subnet mask and dynamic ip address range in the router settings.
    But, keep getting the segmentation fault on connecting to the server.

I installed synergy package on Ubuntu (touchpad) using:
    apt-get install synergy

If anyone used someother arm package name to install it, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Sahil
    apt-get install synergy is how I installed synergy in Ubuntu too. My server is Windows 7 64bit. I've tried both Synergy 1.3.7 and 1.4.3 beta and experience the segmentation fault error with both versions.