1.    #1  
    I have a Windows 7 32-bit, and I recently installed WebOS SDK 3.0.2. I downloaded and installed everything, but when I tried to run the emulator, I got this error:

C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox]VBoxManage.exe -- nologo getextradata 031b9d12-4686-45b8-9810-6585b077fa55 enumerate failed with result1

I tried everything - I uninstalled and reinstalled it, repaired and restarted my machine. I have absolutely no clue how to fix this. Can someone please tell me what's wrong? Thank you!
    I seem to need virtual box running before I try and open the emulator. Try that.
  3.    #3  
    Nope. That's a no-go.
    Quote Originally Posted by pythongeek View Post
    C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox]VBoxManage.exe -- nologo getextradata 031b9d12-4686-45b8-9810-6585b077fa55 enumerate failed with result1
    Is this a copy & paste? Because the "]" would certainly be a problem. If not, you haven't really given enough information to help you.
    did you run the opening command from the cmd prompt correctly?
    I'm having the same issue with it not starting although I'm not getting an error message. It won't run from the cmd prompt (win 7 pro 64bit) or from the shortcut(wishful thinking that a shortcut would work). any thoughts?
    ObviousMan solutions:
    - VirtualBox is installed?
    - Java is installed?

Less obvious workaround:
    - Run VirtualBox and if it is displayed as an option, run the emulator from there

That's all I have from the information provided.
    If you still need help, please state the Operating System, Virtual Box version, Java version and someone more qualified than me will probably help you.
    "Be excellent to each other!" -Bill & Ted
    virtualbox must be versions 4.0 or 4.1 newer ones no worky.
    Pardon my bumping an old thread but I had this issue and found this thread in my Googlin'. I've fixed the issue and thought it would be a good idea to post my solution here in case others also happen upon this thread while searching.

Anyhow.

I started VirtualBox as someone else suggested, and noticed a list of emulator instances that I had opened before, with the broken 2.2 one listed. I deleted it and then tried running the HP webOS Emulator command again to load the 2.2 one, and boom, it worked.
    I had the same problem. Thanks for posting the solution!