Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    If someone could port this for the touchpad that would be amazing! its amazing on my pre- and I'd love to play scumm games on my touchpad.

ScummVM :: Home

I would imagine its a fairly easy port since its already on the pre-. Even if its not it'd be great if someone can fully port it.

Thanks,
    -Toaster
    br0kenneckbrace and Jawbox like this.
    this would indeed be awesome
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    It's coming, I'm actually running an updated persion of Scumm on my TP, It enables the swipe gesture to get to the menues BUT is not able to bring up the virtual keyboard yet. They are working on a nwe version with keyboard support.

-Gromet
    Apple iPad2 64GB WiFi +3G (Verizon)
    Apple iPhone4 32GB (AT&T)
    Touchpad 32GB WiFi - RETURNED
    Veer 4G - SOLD
    grometnj, great news! Thanks!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by grometnj View Post
    It's coming, I'm actually running an updated persion of Scumm on my TP, It enables the swipe gesture to get to the menues BUT is not able to bring up the virtual keyboard yet. They are working on a nwe version with keyboard support.

-Gromet
    That's great news! Would this be in the testing feeds of preware?

I would love to beta test to help out with the development!

-Jon
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    PM me for a link.

Note that the pre version works fine on the Touchpad, takes on full screen and all. The development version simply adds menu access right now.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    This is GREAT news. I actually figured it would happen some year down the road when a dev gets bored. I am actually really excited about this!!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Here is a beta version for the Touchpad: http://nexapps.net/scummvm/com.githu...4.0005_all.ipk

Swipe up to get to the menu, swipe down for virtual keyboard. This is based on ScummVM 1.4, which isn't yet released, but quick testing shows it works well.

This is based on the official webos port of ScummVM with some extra patches (https://github.com/nexapps/scummvm)
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    provost likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Here is a beta version for the Touchpad: http://nexapps.net/scummvm/com.githu...4.0005_all.ipk

Swipe up to get to the menu, swipe down for virtual keyboard. This is based on ScummVM 1.4, which isn't yet released, but quick testing shows it works well.

This is based on the official webos port of ScummVM with some extra patches (https://github.com/nexapps/scummvm)
    Oh wow. I just downloaded it and i am getting the initial screen, mouse is working, swipes are working. Havent put a game on yet.

I dont know how to tell you this, mosdl.. but I think I love you.
    works very well, the swipe up/down are a bit flakey, well at least up for the ingame menu, the swipe down works fine, hard to know/tell exactly where or how far to gesture to get them, only seems to work for me on the middle/leftish of the screen.

also when the games load up, we dont have the ability to skip all the intros? think you just used to press escape or could press 1 of the function keys on a proper computer to skip ahead, any gesture/keymapping to allow us to skip the intros?

all in all tho, a good port, once the games were playable after a pretty big wait all seemed well, did have some issues on SteelSky trying to drag and drop items from inventory but it is beta, good for what it is atm.

having to drag the mouse pointer around feels strange on the touchpad, not sure if just having the pointer instantly appear where u click would be bad or not, dont know if that would break any games.

I think once the control side is flawless its a winner.
    ah found how to skip, can bring up the virtual keyboard when a games running, press SHIFT+2/@ some options appear for keymapping, i just assigned a standard key available to the touchpad and replaced ESC for the zero key.

works fine.

still having a single tap move the pointer to where you tapped would save a lot of time, esp when a lto fo the time you have to click 1 of the menu options such as LOOK AT/TALK TO/PULL/PUSH/etc then the item.
    I just tried this last night and relived one of my favorite games from my childhood, Full Throttle. Thank you so much for this! I have to admit I have been a bit jealous of the ipad for it's abundance of games, however this is 10x better imho. AWESOME!

So far I've tried Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle and Jones in the Fast Lane. Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle have worked flawlessly so far. Jones in the Fast Lane, unfortunately, not so much However this app is amazing nonetheless! THANK YOU!!
    Wonderful! Thanks so much to everyone who has worked on porting ScummVM to our wonderful device!

One question: Once the virtual keyboard is called up with the aforementioned gesture, how can I dismiss it? The close-keyboard button at the bottom right corner of the keyboard doesn't seem to work, nor does repeating the same gesture.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Fantastic work so far, another question.

Is there a way of avoiding triggering the gestures (in the touchpad beta) while dragging around the pointer? I found games to be unplayable because every time I'd try to drag my cursor up to point an an object and down to use an action it would bring up either the menu or the keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawbox View Post
    Fantastic work so far, another question.

Is there a way of avoiding triggering the gestures (in the touchpad beta) while dragging around the pointer? I found games to be unplayable because every time I'd try to drag my cursor up to point an an object and down to use an action it would bring up either the menu or the keyboard.
    Maybe instead of gestures, using 4 + 5 finger touches?

Great work so far.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I think the value of swipe up is hard coded into Scumm HD. I've tried changing it in the menu to a keyboard combination, but a swipe up still brings up the menu. Hopefully this can be changed. Is there a contribution page?

(Is it better to post here, or in the Scumm HD thread in touchpad apps)
    Tapping + holding for 0.5 seconds for right-click is rough too. Cycling actions in Sam & Max is brutal.

Does webOS not support multi-finger taps? 2 fingers would be much more preferable in this case.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I am trying out the 7th guest but can't seem to save. The scumm popup has save grayed out. And I can't use the f keys or alt. :'(
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Really nice to see this for the tablet. Controls a little clunky with the touchscreen tho, might be a bit smoother to play from a touchscreen if when a spot is tapped the cursor automatically goes to that position. Instead of having the user drag the cursor to where they want it they could just simply poke the place for it to go.
    For those that haven't been following...

A lot of work has been done to create a HP Touchpad specific port! I have test it and it works amazingly well.

You can find it in this thread on Scummvm forums: hxxp://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=10806 (Can't create direct links, sorry!)

Things that have been implemented:

* The cursor goes where you tap and clicks. When you drag, it follows your finger.

* Right click : hold first tap, then tap with another finger, and you've got your right click !

* Middle click : hold 1, hold 2, tap 3

* Two fingers swipes for the menus and escape key (instead of one, to avoid unwanted menus when playing, and 60% of the screen instead of 90%) :
    -swipe up to bring the keyboard
    -swipe down to bring ScummVm menu
    -swipe left or right for the Escape key

Have a look for yourselves, and enjoy!
    Jawbox likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast