Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Chrome was installed by default on the ubuntu chroot app, wasn't it?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Chrome was installed by default on the ubuntu chroot app, wasn't it?
    u get chromium with lxde yeah as for the above posters comments, er im nto sure where the queestion is, lot of info /explanation there but erm whats the issue?

You just need chromium or is your virtual keyboard frazzled?
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    You just need chromium or is your virtual keyboard frazzled?
    Yeah. When I use the virtual keyboard in the Xterm the keys are now all wrong. They were fine before, thats how I installed the other stuff.

Basically, in the Xterm now nothing I press corresponds to the actual button being pressed.
    er thats pretty random, not heard of tha issue just yet... anyone else?
    Any chance of us being able to install Wine on it?
    Has anyone been able to get xsession to run automatically when starting up ubuntu chroot? I'd like for it to go straight into there so I can disable to vkb, and use it full screen with some apps like pdf reader etc..
    doubt it man, using wine (I assume u mean to run windows programs) looks like a complicated process on this port of ubuntu
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    er thats pretty random, not heard of tha issue just yet... anyone else?
    Yeah, I had both those issues: Before the last update, I had the keyboard disappear and had to do a full restart. After the update and install of Tweaks and Luna restart, the keyboard was throwing out strange letters. Again, a full restart seemed to fix the issue.

No problems since.
    Wine is not an Emulator.

As in, Wine needs to run on an x86 system to give you access to x86 software.

The Touchpad (and all other smartphones and tablets) has an ARM CPU.

You'll never be able to run Wine on it.
    If you are having keyboard issues, wait 5 seconds between starting the XServer and starting the XTerm or Ubuntu.

-- Rod
    hasnt somehow got a weird keymapping somehow by chance? sounds like 1 crazy keymap tho if it is.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Wine is not an Emulator.

As in, Wine needs to run on an x86 system to give you access to x86 software.

The Touchpad (and all other smartphones and tablets) has an ARM CPU.

You'll never be able to run Wine on it.
    When does that ARM compatible Win8 come out anyways?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you are having keyboard issues, wait 5 seconds between starting the XServer and starting the XTerm or Ubuntu.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod, that did the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Yup, LibreOffice works perfectly. Just installed it this morning.
    hey can you let us know how you got libreoffice to run in its own card...
    1) is it still run xecutah?
    2) can you open files downloaded in webOS browser?
    3) if yes to 2 can you run it auto like if you click on a doc in internals?

thanks if you have the time to answer the question I would really appreciate..
    I was interested in using latex to produce pdf documents on the touchpad. Emacs and gedit do the trick for editing, texlive works fine, but evince wouldn't start at all for me (the dbus problem?) and epdfview only seems to work with some pdfs - it doesn't like others and crashes, as does xpdf. Strangely, the most reliable viewer seems to be xournal.

One other random thought, fvwm-crystal does a pretty decent job as a lightweight window
    manager and looks OK.
    professordes, As far as pdf viewers are concerened, you can just mount the usb partition and save your work there. That will allow you to use the viewers on the webOS side.

I'm not sure if this will make your life easier or harder, just wanted to make sure you were aware of the options.
    can someone help me remove the ext3 partition, I don't know much about linux so if anyone could properly explain it, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    professordes, As far as pdf viewers are concerened, you can just mount the usb partition and save your work there. That will allow you to use the viewers on the webOS side.

I'm not sure if this will make your life easier or harder, just wanted to make sure you were aware of the options.
    Thanks zane9000, I'd tried that too but I wanted to avoid jumping in and out of deifferent cards
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesh1 View Post
    can someone help me remove the ext3 partition, I don't know much about linux so if anyone could properly explain it, thanks!
    Instructions are on the Wiki pages.

-- Rod
    Apologies, Linux noob question here again.

I created a ext3fs 2GB partition on my touchpad.

I then installed Ubuntu Chroot, and put LXDE and libre office on it, among other things.

Yesterday, I recently updated the ubuntu chroot to the new version (the one with a non-authorized user?) without mounting ext3fs, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it.

Next i installed Debian Chroot successfully, and I wanted to give xfce a spin. but when i do a apt-get install xfce, they tell me there's insufficient space.

Do I have to do an lvresize to expand by ext3fs partition? If so, what are the exact commands? I don't wanna mess up the file system and have to redoctor - my touchpad is in a sweet spot right now in terms of configuration.

Or, is the lack of space because of my botched Ubuntu update?
    linwiz311 likes this.
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast