Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by antijingoist View Post
    CUPS
    I attempted to use "apt-get install cups".

It installs but with errors. I'm not sure if all the dependable are met.

Does anyone have a step but step process to get printers set up.

I would like to be able to print from Abiword to Libreoffice to my networked HP 2840 printer.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HPPrinterInstallation

any use, supposedly HP printers are "well supported" in ubuntu it says.

or http://www.techmetica.com/howto/how-...ter-in-ubuntu/

older spiel tho.

Also CUPS needs a full GNOME setup i think.
    I got printing to work at one point, but don't quite remember the full details.

I know I used Cups, despite the errors during install.

I had to start cupsd manually before loading lxsession. And then I just used some GUI setup tool that I can't remember the name of to configure my printer.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I goth this up and running. Pretty buggy. Also no way to get to webOS partition from ubuntu...
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Has anyone figured out how to select text while in applications like LibreWriter? Other than the annoyance of not being able to go full screen, things seem to go fairly well. I'm running iceWM and when the keyboard is open, the bottom toolbar is not visible (hidden by the keyboard), but when I'm using the bluetooth keyboard I don't have this issue (although the bottom part of the screen where the keyboard would be is black).
    Quote Originally Posted by cthetford View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to select text while in applications like LibreWriter? Other than the annoyance of not being able to go full screen, things seem to go fairly well. I'm running iceWM and when the keyboard is open, the bottom toolbar is not visible (hidden by the keyboard), but when I'm using the bluetooth keyboard I don't have this issue (although the bottom part of the screen where the keyboard would be is black).
    That's because at the moment, it's designed around the XS sized-keyboard.
    Would it ever be developed even further to not be dependent on XS sized-keyboard? Especially after the news of HP dumping the WebOS? Just wondering?

By the ways, is there any way to completely install Ubuntu 11.04 or such tablet friendly version on Hp touchpad?
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdurden83 View Post
    Would it ever be developed even further to not be dependent on XS sized-keyboard? Especially after the news of HP dumping the WebOS? Just wondering?

By the ways, is there any way to completely install Ubuntu 11.04 or such tablet friendly version on Hp touchpad?
    the godlike powers that be are releasing the required file/instructions to utilise the whole screen for bluetooth keyboard users shortly.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7379/latestsnap.png
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    anyone get lxterm to work? If I launch it ubuntu does a full crash. In other new my diNovo mini keyboard pairs nicely with it. Too bad mice don't work...

also: anyone added the vfat partition to their fstab so they can open saved email attachments yet? I've always been wary of having the same filesystem open on two OSes simultaneously...
    Last edited by Mize; 08/20/2011 at 07:57 AM.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Turn off the TP and hold the volume up key while turning it back on.
    I came across the comment about holding the up volume button while turning the TP on. Now I have the USB symbol on the screen and nothing else is responding. I plugged it in and am not able to see the TP in Explorer. Also, I hold the home button for 15 seconds+ and no response.

Is there anyway to bring the TP back to life or did my noobness brick it? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Found it. By pressing both the off/on button and the home button, it's working again. Sorry for posting off topic but wanted to post the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    anyone get lxterm to work? If I launch it ubuntu does a full crash. In other new my diNovo mini keyboard pairs nicely with it. Too bad mice don't work...

also: anyone added the vfat partition to their fstab so they can open saved email attachments yet? I've always been wary of having the same filesystem open on two OSes simultaneously...
    You can use gnome terminal under lxde.

Mounting the vfat partition would be useful - how would you do it? I've just been using Internalz Pro to copy/move files between /media/internal & /media/ext3fs/ubuntu-natty-chroot.
    With all the news of late, I would be interested to see if things like document editing can be nailed down with this. could libreoffice be run in a card, right off the existing linix install, or does it need to have a seperate ubuntu install?
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    With all the news of late, I would be interested to see if things like document editing can be nailed down with this. could libreoffice be run in a card, right off the existing linix install, or does it need to have a seperate ubuntu install?
    Yup, LibreOffice works perfectly. Just installed it this morning.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne

if your have LXDE then yeah pretty much every terminal app i used crashed, i had to quit totally and had to XServer/XTerm before doing a startlxde, i moved to xfce4 now, all great few niggles, although my arrow keys dont do squat which is irritating atm.

Been trying to bigorize my widgets onscreen which is turning out to be difficult, if anyone knows a simple (and i mean a way that doesnt involve manually editing a ton of text) that woudl be handy, atm i just read a post on makign the slider bar+buttons larger and a way to make the others bigger (tho that tutorial makes everything turn out v bad when i attempt it).

As for the partition thing, atm im not risking the 2 seeign 1 another, im just being gash and using a share on my windows PC as a middleman via access through my wireless network.
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    check screenshot a few posts up, libre runs fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdurden83 View Post
    Would it ever be developed even further to not be dependent on XS sized-keyboard? Especially after the news of HP dumping the WebOS?
    To keep news that's being shared correct: HP is NOT dumping webOS. HP is just shutting down the DEVICE (hardware) portion of their operations. webOS (software) is still alive & well at this time at HP, assuming hardware manufacturers begin to license webOS.

This fire sale is inadvertently adding significant numbers to the userbase which will make it more attractive for 3rd party hardware manufacturers to get new webOS devices to market by next year.
    only bad thign ive noticed with a HP bluetooth keyboard in the ubuntu chroot atm is that the arrow keys dont work (bit annoying in say calc packages), hoping a fix for that, then my setups will be fully useable imho.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    when will the no virtual kb option be on preware. Also, I can run xterm and lxterm in lxsession, but only if I start an xterm before I start lxsession and then launch any additional terms from the command line.

so what's the best window manager I'd not lxde?
    when will the no virtual kb option be on preware. Also, I can run xterm and lxterm in lxsession, but only if I start an xterm before I start lxsession and then launch any additional terms from the command line.

so what's the best window manager I'd not lxde?
    As mentioned somewhere before, GnomeTerminal apparently works in LXDE.
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast