Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    ok I've got it metadoctored with instructions in the first psot and xecutah/xterm/ubuntu chroot all installed. Mounted ext3fs on startup using instructions on metadoctor wiki. still getting:

Service Error (Execute):

Unable to Run command: /sbin/initctl start org.webosinternals.ubuntu-natty-chroot 2>&1

Initctl Unknown Job: org.webosinternals.ubuntu-natty-chroot
    ok reinstalled ubuntu chroot and now it launches and get a bunch of mount commands that it issues and now I am at the root@HPTouchpad command prompt in xterm. How do I get the ubuntu GUI to launch to check out open office or Citrix?

EDIT:
    I see I can do a

apt-get install firefox

installing now. sounds that like that will help me launch firefox. From there I want to go to my company's citrix website as pezman726 did and launch the citrix .ica file. so can I do apt-get install citrix (that doesn't do anything)

EDIT2:

Following help in this thread

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3057384
    Last edited by cyberprashant; 08/06/2011 at 07:14 PM.
    cyberprashant, does the native TouchPad Citrix app not work for you?
    @capt4chris no, it doesn't. From my reading the native app only works for http:// citrix farms not https:// which my company's are. I tried it and nothing happens.

I actually ubuntu citrix got it to work on one of our company's sites!!

I'm now trying to get thru on our other company site and I get a SSL error 38 (same site thru ubuntu desktop works fine on virtualbox). THe only problem thru ubuntu is that the citrix receiver app doesn't launch c/o libxm.so.3 mssing error. Reading it sounds like openmotif is required for the receiver app gui to launch but I can't seem to find a suitable ARM openmotif anywhere to install. Citrix notes if launching a web app (which my company's are, don't need the GUI or openmotif installed). Ipad users report they access the farm I can't access by launching the receiver GUI so maybe if we can get that going it would work.

Only other regret right now is not having the '\' keymapping. For now I wikipedia search for it and then drag my finger to select, edit copy in firefox and paste when needed.
    went to go install uberkernel for TP but getting this below. Suspect disk space low when I metadoctored and installed ubuntu-chroot. Are there any files I can delete to free up space. I have internalzpro installed but where/what I can look forto delete. (32 gb TP = USB shows 20+Gigs free)

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    88 4763k 88 4209k 0 0 571k 0 0:00:08 0:00:07 0:00:01 619k
    100 4763k 100 4763k 0 0 576k 0 0:00:08 0:00:08 --:--:-- 623k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":21, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":21 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":21 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":21 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":21 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":21 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Creating backup of existing kernel files ...
    Verifying backup of existing kernel files ...
    Verifying ability to write to target directories ...
    Verifying ability to write to target files ...
    Disabling Palm diagnostics reporting ...
    Installing replacement kernel files ...
    cp: write error: No space left on device
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/common/cpaccess.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/common/cpaccess.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/common/cpaccess.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/mach-msm/dma_test.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/mach-msm/dma_test.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/mach-msm/dma_test.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/ansi_cprng.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/ansi_cprng.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/ansi_cprng.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/libra/librasdioif.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/libra/librasdioif.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/libra/librasdioif.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/lcd.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/lcd.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/lcd.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/net/ipv4/tcp_bic.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/net/ipv4/tcp_bic.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/net/ipv4/tcp_bic.ko
    Fatal error occurred, restoring original files
    Original files restored, we have normality, I repeat we have normality
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad
    You may wish to report that error in the kernel threads as on the surface, you have plenty of space.
    What would be the command to check the space in the ubuntu partition only?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    You may wish to report that error in the kernel threads as on the surface, you have plenty of space.
    What would be the command to check the space in the ubuntu partition only?
    thanks I did in teh uberkernel post and rod guided me on how to fix it.
    capt4chris likes this.
    Does anyone know if there is a arm port of NX(NoMachine) client or VNC client? I can install these to connect to server at my workplace.

Thanks,
    Sahil
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It's a minimal installation. To add programs, run apt-get install <package>

-- Rod
    What is the term or name for this particular minimal install of Ubuntu? That way I can do further research how to use it. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
    What is the term or name for this particular minimal install of Ubuntu? That way I can do further research how to use it. :-)
    It's standard Ubuntu 11.04 - it just has none of the usual packages installed. You have to install everything that you want using apt-get install.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    went to go install uberkernel for TP but getting this below. Suspect disk space low when I metadoctored and installed ubuntu-chroot. Are there any files I can delete to free up space. I have internalzpro installed but where/what I can look forto delete. (32 gb TP = USB shows 20+Gigs free)

This happened to me once and rod helped me out. You installed ubntu-churoot with out having your ext3 partition mounted, thus ubuntu installed on your / partition and filled it up. You need to unmount your ext3 partition (if you ever got around to mounting it) and delete the ubuntu files in /media/ext3. This will make room in / and you will be be able to install cool stuff preware again.

To unmount the partition go into that text file you modded and comment out the code that was added. reboot. delete those files, go back into the text file (something like ect/fstab ) and remove the comment marks you added. reboot and ubuntu should still work if everything was working before.
    Sounds like maybe you'd be more comfortable running a window manager and then it'd feel more like Ubuntu to you.

Personally, I'm using lxde.

apt-get install lxde

then launch it with lxsession

...Of course my Linux knowledge isn't that strong either, so there might be better options. If you do install a window manager I'd also suggest getting Synaptic Package Manager to make it easier to install new things.
    I know it's kinda generic question, not TP related but, I think lots of us might be getting similar errors with various programs:

I'm tying to open a screenwriting program called 'Celtx' in LXDE. Get this error (linked screenshot): https://www.box.net/shared/fvo0ol0ytazhsdj0t58s

I see something about screen 0.0 any advice?
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    This happened to me once and rod helped me out. You installed ubntu-churoot with out having your ext3 partition mounted, thus ubuntu installed on your / partition and filled it up. You need to unmount your ext3 partition (if you ever got around to mounting it) and delete the ubuntu files in /media/ext3. This will make room in / and you will be be able to install cool stuff preware again.

To unmount the partition go into that text file you modded and comment out the code that was added. reboot. delete those files, go back into the text file (something like ect/fstab ) and remove the comment marks you added. reboot and ubuntu should still work if everything was working before.
    what is the command to find out how much space is left in the partition? I thought I gave it 4 gigs in the makefile but something I saw recently makes me think it only has 2 gigs.
    thanks!
    I got ubuntu running on my TP last night. I made sure to read the directions 3-4 times before I started. Everything went smooth except my wifi profiles didn't get restored when I metadocter'd even though I went through the steps to restore them.

Now trying to get Synergy to work
    Hello again,

I need to return my TouchPad to HP due to the cracks defect so I need to revert the software to factory fresh.

After I uninstall Ubuntu 11.04 , Xecutah, etc how do I delete/remove the Ext3 partition? I tried looking this up but couldn't find instructions anywhere.

Thanks so much!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    what is the command to find out how much space is left in the partition? I thought I gave it 4 gigs in the makefile but something I saw recently makes me think it only has 2 gigs.
    thanks!
    I'm talking about the / (root) partition. I think you're talking about the ext3 partition... but the command is 'df -h'
    Hello again,

I need to return my TouchPad to HP due to the cracks defect so I need to revert the software to factory fresh.

After I uninstall Ubuntu 11.04 , Xecutah, etc how do I delete/remove the Ext3 partition? I tried looking this up but couldn't find instructions anywhere.

Thanks so much!

Just doctor it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Just doctor it.
    Ok, I thought I read doctoring it didn't touch the partition but maybe I was reading about doing an OTA update.

Ok, I thought I read doctoring it didn't touch the partition but maybe I was reading about doing an OTA update.

Well I'm basing this info on absolutely nothing, so take that however you like.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast