Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 286
Like Tree15Likes
  1. #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by crucialcolin View Post
    Anyone else here unable to install Ubuntu Chroot? I can no longer seem to find it preware and I have the testing feeds enabled. It was there yesterday though so I'm wondering if they pulled it for some reason.
    I had the same problem last night, I switched on all feeds in preware and I was finally able to find Ubuntu 11.04 Chroot. I switched off all other feeds and swithed on webos internals testing all but i wasn't able to find ubuntu 11.04 chroot.
  2. #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by aryob View Post
    Thanks GeekPeter. Appreciate that. You are a Geek, I salut you!!!

    I'm enjoying every min of working on Ubuntu chroot on hp touchpad. An excellent way of working on Linux while on the go. I got two questions now.
    How do you right click in ubuntu chroot on touchpad and how do you scroll up your previous commands in terminal? like we use up arrow on our normal keyboards to go through the previous commands, how do we do that in touchpad? history command can give me a whole list of my previous commands but can we apply them somehow?
    if u search using precentrals search box and enter "touchpad ubuntu" theres 3-4 large threads on pretty much everything your after and more, plenty to read through, might even come accross somethign new you havent thought of yet.
  3. #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by aryob View Post
    I had the same problem last night, I switched on all feeds in preware and I was finally able to find Ubuntu 11.04 Chroot. I switched off all other feeds and swithed on webos internals testing all but i wasn't able to find ubuntu 11.04 chroot.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...-3-update.html

    quick read on there should fix that, theres been a few minor changes.
  4. #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...-3-update.html

    quick read on there should fix that, theres been a few minor changes.

    Yeah looks like they updated preware on me overnight or while I was working on installing ubuntu. Anyways got it installed and in lxde.
    Last edited by crucialcolin; 09/18/2011 at 10:01 AM.
  5. #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by crucialcolin View Post
    Yeah looks like they updated preware on me overnight or while I was working on installing ubuntu. Anyways got it installed and in lxde.

    Now if I can only figure out the keyboard its stuck taking up half the screen lol.
    as mentioned above the 3-4 BIG threads already on ubuntu cover that, hold the bottom right button you use to dismiss the virtual keyboard and youll get a pop that allows different sized keyboards, XS works perfectly if your using the TPad virtual keyboard instead of an ubuntu one in fullscreen.
  6. #246  
    haha yeah sorry after searching I figured that one out. I'm using XS right now

    Think I'm going to look into some virtual keyboard options though as the button as you cant hide they default keyboard that I'm aware of(thus it takes up valuable screen space even when XS).
  7. #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by crucialcolin View Post
    haha yeah sorry after searching I figured that one out. I'm using XS right now

    Think I'm going to look into some virtual keyboard options though as the button as you cant hide they default keyboard that I'm aware of(thus it takes up valuable screen space even when XS).
    keep reading those posts, you can hide the virtual keyboard using the "Tweaks" app from preware, tho ofc you'll need an environment that autostarts your LXDE/XFCE4/whatever else without you having to type, np if you have followed some of the other guides and the recently made / handy auto installer.
  8. #248  
    is it possitble to use the tweaks app in order to launch Xserver in full screen mode?
  9. #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by andresmmm View Post
    is it possitble to use the tweaks app in order to launch Xserver in full screen mode?
    yup select keyboard none in tweaks.
  10. #250  
    Okay, I messed up somewhere along the line, I had to run webos doctor to fix my problem. However I lost some disk space. I cannot recover it with the links I have found in other threads. I figure it to be about 2 gb. How can I recover this space, or use it if I try to reinstall ubuntu?

    Thanks in advance for this noob question.
  11. #251  
    Those of you using Ubuntu: I did a search but didn't find anything. Is it possible to watch Sling through their website using Ubuntu on the TP? The site uses flash but requires a Sling plugin which obviously doesn't work on webOS. If it works I would definitely install Ubuntu.

    Thanks!
  12. #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by hlb96 View Post
    Okay, I messed up somewhere along the line, I had to run webos doctor to fix my problem. However I lost some disk space. I cannot recover it with the links I have found in other threads. I figure it to be about 2 gb. How can I recover this space, or use it if I try to reinstall ubuntu?

    Thanks in advance for this noob question.
    BELOW is ONLY if you used disc images and had disk space vanish.

    run your chroot environment, navigate to /media/cryptofs

    type

    ls -a

    if not then try ls --help and find the option to show all/hidden files.

    ^ i think that shows hidden files that have a dot preceeding them, you may have some temp files (probably copies of your disc images) if the system went a tad unstable and died / crashed on you.

    If you have soem unknown files in there that just happen to be the same size as your disc images then delete them.

    i think they start with .F been a while since i had that issue.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 09/20/2011 at 12:05 PM.
  13. #253  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    BELOW is ONLY if you used disc images and had disk space vanish.

    run your chroot environment, navigate to /media/cryptofs

    type

    ls -a

    if not then try ls --help and find the option to show all/hidden files.

    ^ i think that shows hidden files that have a dot preceeding them, you may have some temp files (probably copies of your disc images) if the system went a tad unstable and died / crashed on you.

    If you have soem unknown files in there that just happen to be the same size as your disc images then delete them.

    i think they start with .F been a while since i had that issue.
    I used rennats army of monkeys and installed everything. I then had problems with an endless hangup and then reboot where it would try to install all my apps again. I then used webos doctor to remove everything including chroot, however the space is still taken up. I just want the space back to start the process all over again.

    Here is an attachment using these commands through WebOS Quick Install and then Linux commandline there: ls -lSr and then df -h. If I need to use anything else and post the results to get help let me know. Thanks in Advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  14. #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by hlb96 View Post
    I used rennats army of monkeys and installed everything. I then had problems with an endless hangup and then reboot where it would try to install all my apps again. I then used webos doctor to remove everything including chroot, however the space is still taken up. I just want the space back to start the process all over again.

    Here is an attachment using these commands through WebOS Quick Install and then Linux commandline there: ls -lSr and then df -h. If I need to use anything else and post the results to get help let me know. Thanks in Advance.
    the endless loop is caused by the altered .bashrc going a bit rogue, stopping the bashrc from autostarting your env woudl work till your systems stable or do it all manually, which can be a pain gettign everythign working right.

    as for the space beign consumed, im not sure on that 1, hasnt happened to me using disk images and ive not done it the preferred way just yet, hopefully just wait a while im sure some1 else will have encountered similar and post eventually.
  15. blakeman's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #255  
    Hi everyone,
    I have Ubuntu installed and I used it a few times. Haven't used it for a few weeks and have done several device reboots.
    I ran the command: mount -o loop /media/cryptofs/ubuntu.img /media/ext3fs in XTerm then went back and touched Ubuntu Chroot in Xecutah and then typed lxsession.
    The attached picture shows how far I get. How do I complete the process and open Ubuntu?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  16. jdm8000's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #256  
    I just installed kde netbook using Synaptic with lxde already installed on my Ubuntu chroot. Anyone know how to run it from a command line? Googled it and couldn't find anything.
  17. #257  
    I want to remove the partition I created for this and reassign the space back to the original partition, without having to run a web-doctor and lose my saved games, etc.

    I have unmounted the partition and remove the logical volume. How do I reassign the space back to /dev/store-media?

    Will resize2fs (I converted mine to ext3 for app access to network shares) work? resizefat for those that did not make this change?
  18. #258  
    Has anyone had success with flash on ubuntu? I've installed the browser plugin and stuff, but when it runs it's terrible. Not watchable at all, would overclocking help at all?
    Sprint Love
  19. #259  
    not sure if i missed something but does anyone know how to hide/get rid of the xterm or terminal shell shows up in a new window and the task bar when starting lxde?

    if i close it all of lxde goes with it. its one of the main annoyances i haven't been able to figure out yet for my startup script. worst case i figure there would be some command to send it to anouther desktop when starting.
  20. #260  
    I am so doing this after my calc 3 final next week! I loved having linux before on my desktop, but needed a new windows pc so I could run autocad, and hate it... I wonder if this will run wine or vmware so we can watch netflix via browser? Anyone have a clue, I fully understand I may be remain, but hey ;-)

Posting Permissions