Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    Rdesktop works quite well, though I haven't figured out how to do a right-click yet.

So, anybody successfully right-clicking in an rdesktop session out there?

-M
    Check this post. Worked for me in a RDP session.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Check ..... this post.[/URL] Worked for me in a RDP session.
    One minor annoyance with using libgtkstylus to get right-click functionality in lxde is that the desktop pager in the panel then seems to regard any touch as a right-click and you have to dismiss the configuration dialog this produces. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    I'm just wondering if anyone has found a fix for the sound problem in Ubuntu when using VLC.

Has anyone encountered the same problem and found a solution ?

Thanks
    I hope this isn't an inappropriate place for me to ask this...

I'm a Linux noob, so I'm sorry.

I was wondering if it would be possible to put Meego (a flavor of Linux) on the TouchPad. Meego has an interface made for low res and tablet devices, and there's already an ARM version of Meego. There is even a porting guide on the Meego wiki:
    wiki.meego.com/MeeGo_Porting_Guide

Is it possible to copy the contents of the ARM version of the Meego base to the Ubuntu (or Debian) partition and get the Meego interface? (I hope that makes sense)
    Well, if Meego is simply a desktop environment, if you're able to download source packages you should just be able to run ./configure; make; make install at the term. Have no way to test it though, I need an Ubuntu chroot downloadable via EVDO (the feeds drop the connection and don't resume.
  6. Cae
    Didn't mean to a a little off-topic but I am about to get a HP Touchpad.

The 16Gb and 32Gb has quite a price difference. Couldn't really afford the 32Gb.

Will the Ubuntu hack works comfortably on a 16Gb?

Thanks in advance for the advise.
    Mine is running nicely in a 6GB partition.
    Help needed!

I am new to the webos and know a little ubuntu. I got my touchpad 32 GB and made a 8GB ext3fs partition. I installed ubuntu chroot and everything was fine (well only problem is that Xecutah window always runs in landscape mode no matter how I rotate my touchpad).

Last night I shut down the touchpad and today I could not go into normal webos interface anymore. After I power on the touchpad, I have the linux peguin icon doing the lighting-up and dim cycling at the center of the screen, then it changes to the webos HP icon doing the same lighting-up and dim cycling at the center of the screen. At the end my touchpad gives a nice beep sound and its screen turns totally black for one or two seconds and then repeats the whole cycle again.

Do I need to press any button to get into the normal webos interface or I did something wrong?

Thanks alot for the help!

Sean
    well, I got ubuntu chroot installed. put icewm on it with the windows xp theme, lol.

runs nice.

I did have the keyboard not showing issue, it would just show the black area where the keyboard should be, rebooted the touchpad and it works fine now.

attempted installing unity, that is not working yet.. will update if I get it working with what I did to get it working
    How does one portforward to the ubuntu chroot? I tried adding iptable lines lines to the ssh script in /var/palm/event.d to open the ports, but still not working. (used same lines as ssh lines, but changed 22 to the port I wanted opened)

Any ideas?

Nevermind, figured it out

need to install iptables, then run the same commands in the chroot.

woo, now can vnc into my touchpad!
    Last edited by grazzt; 09/02/2011 at 07:50 AM.
    I just installed unity-2d, is there a way to launch it "standalone"?
    What would be the command to do it?

Any help would be appreciated!
    Since the latest Uberkernel version, I can now access NFS exports on my NAS. Outstanding!

proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
    192.168.0.134:/raid0/data/public /media/nfs_share nfs rw,nolock 0 0
    launching lxdm with
    su - <username> -c "dbus-launch lxsession"
    gives me a working VLC. Great!

VLC will start and play anything I throw at it. But there's no sound. All silent movies .

There is this error message in the shell:
    cannot open audio device (/dev/dsp)

Does anyone know how to use the TouchPad's audio hardware from within the Ubuntu chroot?

This might be the greatest wireless media player... EVAR!
    Pre 3, webOS 2.2.4 on O2 Germany, TP 32 GB
    ~Coitans fer Windoze~
    Quote Originally Posted by uwer View Post

VLC will start and play anything I throw at it. But there's no sound. All silent movies .

There is this error message in the shell:
    cannot open audio device (/dev/dsp)

Does anyone know how to use the TouchPad's audio hardware from within the Ubuntu chroot?

This might be the greatest wireless media player... EVAR!
    Still waiting on my touchpad... but my guess is it's a permissions issue, you need read-write access to /dev/dsp.

$ls -al /dev/dsp /dev/mixer /dev/snd/*
    do you have read/write access?
    if not $chmod a+rw /dev/dsp /dev/mixer /dev/snd/*
    Quote Originally Posted by xb12x View Post
    Still waiting on my touchpad... but my guess is it's a permissions issue, you need read-write access to /dev/dsp.

$ls -al /dev/dsp /dev/mixer /dev/snd/*
    do you have read/write access?
    if not $chmod a+rw /dev/dsp /dev/mixer /dev/snd/*
    This does get you sound, but to be more accurate it is actually a:

Code:
    # chmod a+rw /dev/msm_aud* /dev/snd
    However, I am not sure if it is one video file or not (going to try more in a bit) but it keeps spitting out

Code:
    alsa warning: write failed: broken pipe
    and the sound starts to skip each time the message is displayed. I have tried everything I could think of the remediate it, but have been unable to (even installing pulseaudio) etc. Once I get this figured out, this will be great for hardware streaming and make an easy portable "dvd-player". If anyone knows of a fix, please let us know! I will keep trying my best and see what comes of it. Oh and FYI, it is the same under the Debian chroot as the Ubuntu, so no changes there.

PS. You cannot change the volume from the Ubuntu Chroot either, it is always full blast!
    Hi Don here; nooby. Have got ubuntu running Ok and have tried installing E17 but now have no idea how to attempt to start it. Have looked in usr/local/bin but nothing there. Anyone else doing this and had success?
    THanks
    is posible to install unity ?
    Is it possible to install the google voice and video chat plugin on a TP w ubuntu?
    Quote Originally Posted by professordes View Post
    What's the right invocation for launching a "proper" unity-2d session?

I can launch the unity-2d-launcher over the top of an lxde session, but I'd prefer it on its own, panel and all in the standard Ubuntu style.

I'm testing like this:

su - myname -c "dbus-launch unity-2d-launcher"

(actually I replaced the .basrc final line in root's home directory, replacing the startlxde part of the line)

however Unity is empty, I mean, there's no apps on the menu ...

EDIT:

Well, it seems I'm just missing a few bits, It loaded the applications on the menu, I'm missing the window manager thou...
    Quote Originally Posted by hadookee View Post
    Is it possible to install the google voice and video chat plugin on a TP w ubuntu?
    Not right now. Google has not supplied a version compiled for ARM and I *think* it is closed source so you wont be able to compile it yourself.
    This sucks, I was hoping for that too because I am very weary of using Skype after "microsucks" bought it.