Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 286
Like Tree15Likes
  1. #181  
    Is it possible to install both the Ubuntu and Debian chroots without destructive interference?
    I have a 16GB ext3 partition with plenty of space still after the Ubuntu installation.

    1) Ah - should have read previous post Looks like it _will_ work with sufficient space?

    2) Update - seems to work just fine. The virtual keyboard disappeared on installing, but restarting luna brought that back.
    Last edited by professordes; 08/28/2011 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Read previous post
  2. #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    professordes, As far as pdf viewers are concerened, you can just mount the usb partition and save your work there. That will allow you to use the viewers on the webOS side.

    I'm not sure if this will make your life easier or harder, just wanted to make sure you were aware of the options.
    I installed Debian as well, and evince works in that case.
  3. #183  
    Hi,

    Has anyone tried (managed to) get an RDP client working in Ubuntu.
    I know there are a log of people who are after RDP (not VNC) on their touchpads me included.

    I *think* rdesktop might have an arm binary.

    would be great to know if this is plausible.

    A
  4. angellsl's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    If you install synaptic (apt-get install synaptic) package manager you'll you will get a better idea what's available and what isn't like, for example, wine isn't available. In order to get flash into the chromium-browser you have to install both Lightspark and Gnash and then disable the adobe plugin if it's showing up in 'aboutlugins'. I got it working a bit with simple *.swf files but full video isn't all that stable or just flat out doesn't work.
    Have you got sound working. I installed VLC and Mplayer, but there is no sound.
    Please help me. Thanks
  5. #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by angellsl View Post
    Have you got sound working. I installed VLC and Mplayer, but there is no sound.
    Please help me. Thanks
    I am curious about sound as well. It seems like it works in flash applications but not really anywhere else. Also, none of the volume control programs seem to work.
  6. Snooty's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Instructions are on the Wiki pages.

    -- Rod
    On Step 4 of the removal steps it says: 4. Then run meta-doctor to re-assign all space to user's diskspace

    When I read 'run meta-doctor' I think reinstalling the built webos ROM which would cause me to lose all installed data. Am I reading this wrong?
    Last edited by Snooty; 08/28/2011 at 12:53 PM.
  7. #187  
    I just installed the debian chroot and I'm noticing that the xserver and terminal windows are the full height of the touchpad. This means that as you get to the bottom you can't see what you are typing anymore do to the keyboard. Anyway to resize the xservers/card? I apologize if this has been answered but I didn't see anything when I searched.

    I know that its being worked on not to use the onscreen keyboard, but I am wondering if we can just resize the window/card/xserver?

    edit: Just found out you can resize the keyboard! That solved it
    Last edited by shelnutt2; 08/28/2011 at 12:26 PM.
  8. Snooty's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by shelnutt2 View Post
    I just installed the debian chroot and I'm noticing that the xserver and terminal windows are the full height of the touchpad. This means that as you get to the bottom you can't see what you are typing anymore do to the keyboard. Anyway to resize the xservers/card? I apologize if this has been answered but I didn't see anything when I searched.

    I know that its being worked on not to use the onscreen keyboard, but I am wondering if we can just resize the window/card/xserver?
    On the keyboard there is that little keyboard icon...hold that button until the option comes up to change the size of the keyboard and choose XS and then you can see it all.
  9. #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Minimize it to XS. There's blank space at the bottom reserved for the keyboard.
    what does minimixze to xs mean? (total n00b) the keyboard goes over the space and i cant do anything its driving me nuts
  10. #190  
    holy crap i just typed that response and i was explained thx
  11. duke396's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    #191  
    Hi, I'm having a slight issue.. I set my var partition to 8gb because the guide I was using told me to, but from my new understanding that isn't necessary. How can I set it back to the default (and what is the default) size? I tried re-compiling the jar to set it at 512mb, but it is still eating all my space. Thanks in advance.
  12. #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by acuum View Post
    Hi,

    Has anyone tried (managed to) get an RDP client working in Ubuntu.
    I know there are a log of people who are after RDP (not VNC) on their touchpads me included.

    I *think* rdesktop might have an arm binary.

    would be great to know if this is plausible.

    A
    rdesktop works. Tried to log in to a Windows 7 machine. Flawless.

    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    I am curious about sound as well. It seems like it works in flash applications but not really anywhere else. Also, none of the volume control programs seem to work.
    I use gamix and it works. When it launches there will be a few HUNDREDS of volume controls. You need to look for one that is called DAC1. In my case adjusting that controls the volume on the speakers.
    Tip: You can go to config and tell gamix to only show DAC1 in the main window.
  13. #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    unity-2d works, already tried it, didnt attempt 3d tho.
    What's the right invocation for launching a "proper" unity-2d session?

    I can launch the unity-2d-launcher over the top of an lxde session, but I'd prefer it on its own, panel and all in the standard Ubuntu style.
    Last edited by professordes; 08/29/2011 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Bad punctuation :)
  14. #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by professordes View Post
    I installed Debian as well, and evince works in that case.
    Running as a non-root user (and with dbus launched) lets evince run happily in Ubuntu.
  15. #195  
    Hi all,
    I'm new to WebOS and just got my TouchPad from HP firesale. Any body know how to map the smiley face keys in Xecutah to Ctrl and Esc?
  16. #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by professordes View Post
    Running as a non-root user (and with dbus launched) lets evince run happily in Ubuntu.
    How did you get dbus to run? and running as a non-root user?

    thanks
  17. #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by tuanway View Post
    How did you get dbus to run? and running as a non-root user?

    thanks
    From the initial chroot screen I ran:

    su - myname -c "dbus-launch lxsession"


    - there really is a gap after the - before myname

    - I should say I added the "myname" user with adduser first.
    Last edited by professordes; 08/29/2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: mention adduser
  18. #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by professordes View Post
    From the initial chroot screen I ran:

    su - myname -c "dbus-launch lxsession"


    - there really is a gap after the - before myname

    - I should say I added the "myname" user with adduser first.
    ahh thank you! this is much better reader than the default :P
  19. Mordac's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by sc4bbk View Post
    rdesktop works. Tried to log in to a Windows 7 machine. Flawless.
    Rdesktop works quite well, though I haven't figured out how to do a right-click yet.

    So, anybody successfully right-clicking in an rdesktop session out there?

    -M
  20. #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by sc4bbk View Post
    rdesktop works. Tried to log in to a Windows 7 machine. Flawless.

    @sc4bbk - Thank you so much for testing this, it's FANTASTIC NEWS!
    Cr@p now I'm going to loose my entire evening installing ubuntu!

Posting Permissions