1.    #1  
    Hello,

I am getting an error when the Novacomd driver tries to install on my mac. Is there a known issue with this driver and mac OS 10.7 Lion? Any updates coming soon?
  2.    #2  
    Anyone?
    I have lots of issues with it (though haven't tried on Lion yet). I think mostly due to earlier versions running, etc. Install/uninstall a bunch of times sometimes works, or you can go to the command line, and manually stop/uninstall the processes.

Other threads suggest the issue is with the versions of virtual box, java, etc. Not sure.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  4.    #4  
    I have the latest java update and this is my first attempt at installing. I wish I would have tried when I was on 10.6, that would have at least eliminated the OS possibility.
    Worked on 10.6 but no more after upgrade to 10.7

I posted on the webos quick install thread about the issue.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    If the novacom driver isn't working with 10.7, we'll have to wait until Palm gets the drivers updated
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    New SDK-PDK works on Lion now! Get it at https://developer.palm.com/content/r..._download.html

Rod Whitby uses a Mac! See his reply at http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post3055064
    Ok guys Really need ya help on this... my frustation level is up there.. lol
    I'm running Window 7 64 bit I have the touchpad in developer mode have done several procedures listed above over and over .. Tried the standalone version... No matter what I do I cannot get win 7 to see the Novacomd device driver... Is there some other way to get preware on this touchpad?? The standalone version seems the best method & most simple for a non-developer like me but just does not work in my case... I have a password set on TP developer mode but I know what it is so getting it in that mode was not a problem.. Its just getting Win 7 to see this driver.. What am I missing here. Your help is appreciated..I really want to get to the homebrew stuff... Thanks
    Wouldn't install on OSX Lion for me either, just had to use virtual box and do it in XP, not a big deal but a little annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRochie View Post
    Ok guys Really need ya help on this... my frustation level is up there.. lol
    I'm running Window 7 64 bit I have the touchpad in developer mode have done several procedures listed above over and over .. Tried the standalone version... No matter what I do I cannot get win 7 to see the Novacomd device driver... Is there some other way to get preware on this touchpad?? The standalone version seems the best method & most simple for a non-developer like me but just does not work in my case... I have a password set on TP developer mode but I know what it is so getting it in that mode was not a problem.. Its just getting Win 7 to see this driver.. What am I missing here. Your help is appreciated..I really want to get to the homebrew stuff... Thanks
    Thoughts on this... ?? I'm going to reset to factory defaults and start over step by step again maybe it will go this time.... It is fun having something with this level of hardware to tweak.. I want to make this thing churn and burn... do it all... stream, play avi, mkv, network to my puter etc., basically anything my lappy will do.... lol hmmm Maybe too anxious ... I may have to wait for TouchDroid.. huh
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRochie View Post
    Thoughts on this... ?? I'm going to reset to factory defaults and start over step by step again maybe it will go this time.... It is fun having something with this level of hardware to tweak.. I want to make this thing churn and burn... do it all... stream, play avi, mkv, network to my puter etc., basically anything my lappy will do.... lol hmmm Maybe too anxious ... I may have to wait for TouchDroid.. huh
    I really like webOS so far..... Touchdroid would need to be really stable for me to switch over..... First I would want to see how far I can stretch the capabilities of webOS..