Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By MihMih
  • 2 Post By jetsetter883
  1.    #1  
    After reading Esteban's unfortunate story - http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...xperiment.html and this article Thief caught by Hidden app after victim remotely controls MacBook | Mail Online

I couldn't help but think we need something for our beloved WebOS, as i have been known to forget phones around in taxis and clubs and whatnot and sure there are more lightheaded webosians in here as well. I found Prey (Open source anti-theft solution for Mac, PCs & Phones Prey) is the equivalent of Hidden for Win/UX OS and recently got an Android port. Someone else has already requested a WebOS version, so all we can do is go to the site and upvote it (you can +3 it even) :

Prey for webOS!
    stickerboy and Sohan24 like this.
    Looks great. Once I finish my apps maybe I'll try to work with them to port it. Keep getting those votes in there! Up to 43!
    let's pray we get anything on webOS.
    threed61#WN and Sohan24 like this.
    Actually if you are on verizon they have a app for their phones that allow you to track your phone through GPS.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Actually if you are on verizon they have a app for their phones that allow you to track your phone through GPS.
    Lemme guess. You hafta pay $10 a month for VZ navigator!