Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I would like to buy a TouchPad but currently there is no support for a Chinese IME. Does anyone know when HP plans to introduce this feature? I would like both Traditional and Simplified Chinese support. If no Chinese interface is available, at least character entry. Would that be pushed out by HP to all devices (including the ones bought in the US) in the future, so that you can easily localize the device just like Android or iOS?

Is there any third party app that works with WebOS 3?
    I think this is a question best asked to HP. HP is absolutely silent on this so far. I think that you will see these features with the launch of TP in Asia, hopefully by the end of the year 2999.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    That is what I did, and no answer has been forthcoming until now. So I posted here hoping that either an insider spilled some details anonymously or that some third party solution was available.
    In the mean time, try Cangjie Pad.
    It is a Cangjie IME application.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoiwai930 View Post
    In the mean time, try Cangjie Pad.
    It is a Cangjie IME application.
    I searched for it in this forum, among the Homebrew apps, and webwide. Can't find anything, do you have a link? Are there any other entry methods except Changjie on offer? Zhuyin, Eten, PinYin, etc.?

Thanks for your help.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    deleted
    We can just hope that at some time in the not to distant future, HP finds it necessary to have the Chinese market strongly in mind and supply a input system on par with iOS.

Otherwise I see the point of releasing the Touchpad in Hong Kong, as advertised by HP, to be somewhat moot.

There are probably other counties that would benefit from slight customization too, and to have the app catalog wide open to the world.
    3.0.2 SDK does show chinese UI and chinese keyboard. Chinese UI are visible in emulator but Chinese keyboard doesn't make any difference in emulator..

just need someone with Touchpad running 3.0.2 to validate if the chinese keyboard setting allow pinyin input