Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes
    JamesS_Ibra, you need to install Quickinstall and the preware. Search the forum for how to do this. then you can use quickinstall to send the files to the device.
    Palm Pre2 + iPad2 + 2 x 32GB Touchpads
    i3, try sending the fonts file and restart Luna or reboot the device.
  3. i3
    what i did was, sent the font file to the font directory, then re-sent the libwebkit file which then caused the phone to re-boot. still no arabic though, tried on the google tashkeel site linked, but no arabic.

does anything need to be done to the font file first before sending? someone here mentioned unzipping it or something...??? i just sent it over as is. is that correct or must i extract it first or something?
  4. i3
    where is cvvb?
    i3, i would suggest you do some troubleshooting to verify that the files are in the correct location and with the correct names

connect your touchpad/pre via USB and chose Charge Only
    - start Quickinstall
    - Tools ===> Linux command line
    - hit enter when you get a command line window
    Type exactly
    - cd /usr/share/fonts (enter)
    - ls -l HeiS*
    ****check the file name, size (should be around 23MB) and date/time stamp. this will give you an idea if you are working with the correct file. send me a screen shot if you want me to check it.
    *** you want to do the same to the other file:
    - cd /usr/lib
    - ls -l libWe*
    ****check the file name, size and date/time stamp. this will give you an idea if you are working with the correct file. send me a screen shot if you want me to check it
    Now close the window
    Hello everyone

Thanks for your time and effort to helping out.

I want to read the tamil language sites. I tried to push the arialuni.ttf by replacing Heisei_Kaku_Gothic_nb.ttf to touchpad as described in one of the precentral forum and its working partially. some characters displays fine. some chars are not. it appears characters are jumbled and unable to read.

Replacing the libwebkitluna.so will solve this issue?

some of the Tamil sites
    vikatan.com
    dinamalar.com

Thanks very much for your help.
  7. i3
    thanks digi, will try that now...
    Slam, Hi..
    Thanks All

I have 2 problems, Before that let me tell u what I did:

1. Turn on Developer mode. This is done by just typing the konami code in to the search.
    “upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart”

2. Install webOS Quick Install

3. Download the webOS 3.0.2 V.09 from the 1st page.

4. Download the arialuni.ttf

5. Rename it to HeiS_nb.ttf

6. Open webOS Quick Install.

7. After webOS Quick Install connects with your Tablet, go to Tools -> Send File

8. Select the file you downloaded HeiS_nb.ttf

9. Select destination folder to: /usr/share/fonts

10. Press send to device button. - Device should say "successfully sent"

11. Choose the file you have downloaded V.08 libWebKitLuna.so or/and V.09 libWebKitLuna.so

12. Put "/usr/lib" as your destination

13. Click "Send"

14. Restart my Tablet

I used my PC with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
    I Have HP ToucPad Tablet WebOS v. 3.0.2 32GB

I did All that at the end I got
    س ل ا م ع ل ي ك م
    Not
    سلام عليكم

1. What was wrong, and What I have to do?
    Please Step by step, because there are many steps in this post

2. So now I can read, But how can Write, Any Keyboards.... and APPS?

Thank you so much
  9.    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by nayeemr View Post
    Salam,

For HP TouchPAD 3.0.2
    Can any one help me on arabic fonts, i have downloaded version V.08 libWebKitLuna.so
    and copied to /usr/bin, but still arabic fonts are not showing.

What are the step did you follow to get arabic fonts.

Thanks!!!
    You need the font to be installed. I think I mentioned how to do such on Page 2. Check my post.

Quote Originally Posted by i3 View Post
    i have already installed the .so file...

what should i do now? should i uninstall it? or should i just install the font now?
    if so, how exactly do i install the font? i do not know how to do this?
    and, one last question, is the font necessary to view the arabic writing on websites etc? if i have already installed the .so file without the font, will the websites still show arabic writing or not?

sorry for all the q's....i cant get hold of the op...
    One comment regarding installing/uninstalling, as this is a modified version of the file, there is no uninstalling procedure. If you would like to put another version, just send that version to overwrite the existant one.

And, yes, Arabic font is a must for the Arabization to work perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbymd7 View Post
    Same here!
    It is already out .... Check Latest version!

what if you installed the libwebkit file first? before installing the font? what do you then?
    No harm in that, but you still need to do a restart. If you did it the other way around, then you will make sure that the restart caused by installing the modified .so file will be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesS_Ibra View Post
    Do I need a special software to copy to the TouchPad ... I just got some folder (directories) we connected via USB
    Yes, you need Quick webOS Installer to be able to access and modify internal webOS files. Search google for "Quick webOS Installer".

what i did was, sent the font file to the font directory, then re-sent the libwebkit file which then caused the phone to re-boot. still no arabic though, tried on the google tashkeel site linked, but no arabic.

does anything need to be done to the font file first before sending? someone here mentioned unzipping it or something...??? i just sent it over as is. is that correct or must i extract it first or something?
    Filename of the font is case sensitive. That is these names are different:
    HeiS_nb.ttf , heis_nb.ttf , HeiS_nb.TTF .... etc!

Make sure you have the correct file name (copy and paste to be in the safe side): HeiS_nb.ttf

I will look at the webOS 2.2 doctor and make sure that they didn't change the font name to be repleaced.

Just checked and webOS 2.2 has the mentioned font at the mentioned dir

filename: HeiS_nb.ttf --> Dir: /usr/lib

where is cvvb?
    Trip ... I didn't have any Internet connection available

Quote Originally Posted by dsk2011 View Post
    Hello everyone

Thanks for your time and effort to helping out.

I want to read the tamil language sites. I tried to push the arialuni.ttf by replacing Heisei_Kaku_Gothic_nb.ttf to touchpad as described in one of the precentral forum and its working partially. some characters displays fine. some chars are not. it appears characters are jumbled and unable to read.

Replacing the libwebkitluna.so will solve this issue?

some of the Tamil sites
    vikatan.com
    dinamalar.com

Thanks very much for your help.
    If I am not mistaken, there is no reshaping done in Tamil "I am not the greatest guy with languages mind you" ... That is, it is similar to English

abc ... bac .... bca ... You notice that "a" assume the same shape ...

Therefore, just change the font to the font attached in the first post, no need to have the modified so file. People have already explained how to change the font with a custom font, PM if you don't know how to start.

Quote Originally Posted by ahmsoz View Post
    Slam, Hi..
    Thanks All

I have 2 problems, Before that let me tell u what I did:

1. Turn on Developer mode. This is done by just typing the konami code in to the search.
    “upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart”

2. Install webOS Quick Install

3. Download the webOS 3.0.2 V.09 from the 1st page.

4. Download the arialuni.ttf

5. Rename it to HeiS_nb.ttf

6. Open webOS Quick Install.

7. After webOS Quick Install connects with your Tablet, go to Tools -> Send File

8. Select the file you downloaded HeiS_nb.ttf

9. Select destination folder to: /usr/share/fonts

10. Press send to device button. - Device should say "successfully sent"

11. Choose the file you have downloaded V.08 libWebKitLuna.so or/and V.09 libWebKitLuna.so

12. Put "/usr/lib" as your destination

13. Click "Send"

14. Restart my Tablet

I used my PC with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
    I Have HP ToucPad Tablet WebOS v. 3.0.2 32GB

I did All that at the end I got
    س ل ا م ع ل ي ك م
    Not
    سلام عليكم

1. What was wrong, and What I have to do?
    Please Step by step, because there are many steps in this post

2. So now I can read, But how can Write, Any Keyboards.... and APPS?

Thank you so much
    Seeing Arabic characters means that you have installed the font correctly. However, I think you failed in sending the .so file.

When you have send the .so file, did it say "Successfully Sent!"?

Also, if you had to restart your device manually, then you haven't installed the .so file correctly. The device will restart automatically when you send over the .so file. Make sure if you spelling and the file you are about to send and try again.

Maybe you have mixed you backup with the file you downloaded from here. Make sure you are not putting capital letters where it should be small nor visa versa.

The case of the filenames should be:
    libWebKitLuna.so
    /usr/lib

Copy and paste if you have to.

P.S.
    I have just returned for a trip. I am sorry, I wasn't able to reply to the thread and/or read it for that matter. I will try to answer as much as I can later tomorrow.
    Last edited by CvvB; 09/09/2011 at 06:54 PM.
    ahmsoz likes this.
    @CvvB Welcome back.

I have quickinstall installed and preware too. I am running 3.0.2 build 68, so what files (font and .so) I should download? also I have another question regarding the Muffle System Loggining installation error and I need to know how to send this error for you. Thanks
    Hi

Any solutions for arabazation touchpad webos version 3.0.2

thanks for your support in advance

Best Regards
    Mohammad
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Seeing Arabic characters means that you have installed the font correctly. However, I think you failed in sending the .so file. When you have send the .so file, did it say "Successfully Sent!"?
    Yes CvvB it was Successfully sent.

Also, if you had to restart your device manually, then you haven't installed the .so file correctly. The device will restart automatically when you send over the .so file. Make sure if you spelling and the file you are about to send and try again.
    Maybe you have mixed you backup with the file you downloaded from here. Make sure you are not putting capital letters where it should be small nor visa versa.
    The case of the filenames should be:
    libWebKitLuna.so
    /usr/lib
    Copy and paste if you have to.
    Okay, Thanks but which one? The v.09 or v.08? And it will replace automatically? Or I have to remove the old one? How?

Thanks
  13.    #133  
    @CvvB Welcome back.

I have quickinstall installed and preware too. I am running 3.0.2 build 68, so what files (font and .so) I should download? also I have another question regarding the Muffle System Loggining installation error and I need to know how to send this error for you. Thanks
    Download the latest version of the Arabization with your equivalent webOS version, which is 3.0.2. Get any font you see appropriate, or use the font I recommend from the first post.

Rename the font to HeiS_nb.ttf, send that over to /usr/share/fonts
    and send the so file without renaming it to /usr/lib

That would be about it! The system should automatically restart, if it didn't, then the .so file wasn't sent successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by mjabouri View Post
    Hi

Any solutions for arabazation touchpad webos version 3.0.2

thanks for your support in advance

Best Regards
    Mohammad
    Have you checked the first post? ... It is there already!

Quote Originally Posted by ahmsoz View Post
    Yes CvvB it was Successfully sent.

Okay, Thanks but which one? The v.09 or v.08? And it will replace automatically? Or I have to remove the old one? How?

Thanks
    Always take the latest version.

And yes, it will replace whatever version you have automatically. No need to remove anything.

Just open Quick WebOS Installer, after that goto
    Tools -> Send File
    Put in Destination: /usr/lib
    and choose the file to send

That should be it. Make sure that you don't have the Emulator running so it would not interfere with the process.

Regards,
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    CvvB any news for arabic on WebOS 1.4.5 ?
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    CvvB any news for arabic on WebOS 1.4.5 ?
    I am wiating for my Palm Pre Plus from eBay. Once I have that, I will start modifying the files and testing.

Regards,
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I am wiating for my Palm Pre Plus from eBay. Once I have that, I will start modifying the files and testing.

Regards,
    goodluck i hope it works
    CVVB
    Any new updates about the arabic keyboard for touchpad 3.0.2?
    Thank you for all your hard work.
    HELPPPPP!!!!!

I sent the two files

the device didn't display any message about sucessfuly send but I saw message on my computer that the send was sucessful ..

The device since then hanged up

NOW it want turn on - just black screen and HP in the middle
  19.    #139  
    HELPPPPP!!!!!

I sent the two files

the device didn't display any message about sucessfuly send but I saw message on my computer that the send was sucessful ..

The device since then hanged up

NOW it want turn on - just black screen and HP in the middle
    1. Press on the Power Button + Center Button for around 15 seconds. (Shutdown the TouchPad)
    2. Wait for around 5 seconds.
    3. Press the power button to turn on the device. (Turning on the TouchPad)

One question: The HP logo is glowing or standing still?
    Standing Still :-(
Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast