Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 750
Like Tree119Likes
  1. #81  
    Oh...so the emlulator is a virtual tp and i am not really sending file to it! is that it?
    i used the emuator beacuse it would not connect to my TP but when i run the emulator it did.
    ok. i'll try it later today and will post back...
    thank you so much for your effort...i have 5 tp and we all use it on facebook/aljazeera/alarabiya...so arabic is very important for us.

    Sameer
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by salzouby View Post
    Oh...so the emlulator is a virtual tp and i am not really sending file to it! is that it?
    i used the emuator beacuse it would not connect to my TP but when i run the emulator it did.
    ok. i'll try it later today and will post back...
    thank you so much for your effort...i have 5 tp and we all use it on facebook/aljazeera/alarabiya...so arabic is very important for us.

    Sameer
    That is about correct.

    I am not sure wither you need Developer Mode if you are using NovaBrowser, but try enabling that just in case.

    Regards,
  3. #83  
    yaSalaam...it is a beauty!!!what a good job you did!!!it works like a charm now.
    thank you again. sameer
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    That is about correct.

    I am not sure wither you need Developer Mode if you are using NovaBrowser, but try enabling that just in case.

    Regards,
    Yes, developer mode is needed. easy just type 'webos20090606' and connection is easy.
  5. #85  
    just tested libwebkitluna 0.9 for webos 3.0.2 works like a charm (as usuall) one thing i am not sure but want to post since i didnt install any other app nor tweaked it.
    after installing libwebkitluna 0.8.5 for webos 3.0.2 i noticed my videos (youtube) were playing but no voice was coming so i did a full restart => device restart n audio came back. this may or may not be becoz of custom luna file but just thought to post it.
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by imranhameed View Post
    just tested libwebkitluna 0.9 for webos 3.0.2 works like a charm (as usuall) one thing i am not sure but want to post since i didnt install any other app nor tweaked it.
    after installing libwebkitluna 0.8.5 for webos 3.0.2 i noticed my videos (youtube) were playing but no voice was coming so i did a full restart => device restart n audio came back. this may or may not be becoz of custom luna file but just thought to post it.
    But now it works fine with the modified libWebKitLuna.so?

    It could've been the premature Luna restart that happens after sending the modified file over.
    Last edited by CvvB; 09/04/2011 at 08:50 AM.
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Pre 3 has webOS 2.2.0 on it ... so not yet!

    I have finished the files, but I am waiting on beta testers ...

    Anyone wants to test the files before I release them?

    Call for testers !
    I'm still waiting for my device. As soon as I have it I will test. Shokran ya za3eem. :-)
    - AR
    @AR_ on Twitter
  8. #88  
    Hi, Guys,

    would this instructions work on mac running Lion?
    I loaded HEIS_nb.ttf using WEbosquickinstall and i can read arabic text except for the last letter, is this method better

    Thank you for your help.
  9. i3
    i3 is offline
    i3's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    #89  
    how do you re-install the original libwebkit file if the phone hangs and doesnt boot up after trying the modified file?
  10. i3
    i3 is offline
    i3's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by i3 View Post
    how do you re-install the original libwebkit file if the phone hangs and doesnt boot up after trying the modified file?
    sorted now
  11. #91  
    please help me i copy the file ver 0.9 on hp touch pad firmware 3.0 and it hangs on hp icon and doesn't start, i tried to copy back the file from the buddy posts but without no luck
    i try to use webos doctor 3.02 and it doesn't recognize it i put it on the update mod but it didn't let press next to go next step
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by i3 View Post
    sorted now
    Sending the file over should be enough.

    After sending the file over, wait for minutes. If it didn't work, try pulling the battery and putting it back.

    So HP Logo was glowing endlessly? If so, then there is a memory addressing issue; I will give it another look tonight.

    Quote Originally Posted by HANGMAN82 View Post
    please help me i copy the file ver 0.9 on hp touch pad firmware 3.0 and it hangs on hp icon and doesn't start, i tried to copy back the file from the buddy posts but without no luck
    i try to use webos doctor 3.02 and it doesn't recognize it i put it on the update mod but it didn't let press next to go next step
    You're firmware was 3.0.0? The patch was for 3.0.2!

    Anyways, you can click on the power switch then on the center button and keep on pressing on them until the device shuts down. Then, try booting it up, the Quick WebOS Installer will find the device and then you send over the original file. Once done, try repeating the power and center button to shut it down and jump start it, again.
    Last edited by CvvB; 09/05/2011 at 12:11 PM.
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by haqman View Post
    Salam,

    No, not the pre 3, but the latest touchpad (yes, I did ruin my pre 3 ... actually )

    .... ooops, I think I know what the issue is! There is difference in libWebKitLuna.so files between WebOS V3.0.2 and V3.0.0 (Which is my version)

    I am getting the latest version installed, will test it and let you know.

    Thanks.
    i made the same mistake, i forgot to update to 3.02 and mine is frozen at the hp icon. can anyone. help recover it? i downloaded the webos doctor but i do not know how to use it (my background is windows IT and have no idea how linux worx)
  14. #94  
    i tried webosquickinstall and hp webos nova and both do not recognize the device (hp tp 32gb). i am able to put device in recovery mode by doing power+volume
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by salzouby View Post
    i tried webosquickinstall and hp webos nova and both do not recognize the device (hp tp 32gb). i am able to put device in recovery mode by doing power+volume
    tried it again now and it connected, i was able to load original luna and device booted. now, i am upgrading to 3.02.
    sorry for the false alaram
    CvvB likes this.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Ouch!

    I thought I made it clear that it is not intendent for TouchPad webOS 3.0 yet!

    You are lucky that this does not brick the device, you can just send over the original file ... If you don't have the original file (although I mentioned that you should make some backups) try extracting it from the WebOS-Doctor!

    If you cannot, send to me a PM, I will try to upload the original file and send it over to you!

    Note:
    I am testing a version for the TouchPad as we speak. Few bugs here and there, but I am trying to fix everything.

    Regards,
    how do i maka a backup of the original file. thanks
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by atlas1321 View Post
    how do i maka a backup of the original file. thanks
    in Quick WebOS Installer, Tools -> Recieve File

    File: /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so
    Destination: Choose whatever suits you

    Regards,
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by i3 View Post
    sorted now
    Stupid mistake. I found the problem and corrected the patched file. Check it now, if it is working fine.
  19. i3
    i3 is offline
    i3's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    #99  
    i will be at home soon inshaAllah,
    will check it then...
  20. #100  
    works like a charm on touchpad 3.0.2 thanks a lot.
    The instructions are a bit confusing though for beginners. Would be nice to post more explanatory instructions.
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions