Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Unlikely.

To which folder did you send the font? The directory is case sensetive, by the way. Also, you have to rename the font to "HeiS_nb.ttf" with all letters in lower case. Make sure of these.

One English letter?
    Yes as soon as I start typing any letter / symbol / digit it shows the X on the send button!! this happen if I choose from contacts the person before typing SMS

But today I could send 3 messages by just type in first the message and next I type the Number to send to "Important not selecting from contacts" and I send it to my other phone it works.. But when I select from contacts my other phone number or any number from contacts it directly shows the X cross on send Button!!! So I can only type SMS and next type the digits "not before typing SMS" and it work for only one person every time

I think this is a small bug and I hope to solve it.. Best Regards & Happy Feast "Eid Sa3eed"
    Updates.

I have successfully included Arabic in the webOS 3.0.2 Virtual Keyboard. Still in early stages. I have changed the whole symbol screen to include these letters.

I am thinking about other alternatives currently.

Attached is a Screenshot about the progress so far.

Regards,
    Great work, my Touchpad read full Arabic now

is the Arabic keyboard in 0.85 version yet ?
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by raeda View Post
    Eid Mubarak;

I uploaded Version 0.85 of the Arabization for HP Touchpad webOS 3.0.2 with no luck, I would like to get the correct steps for the upload.
    Did you change the font? How did you actually "upload" the Arabization files?

I need all these details before I can say what would be our next move. Also, the steps on the first post should be clear enough. If anything isn't clear, please, ask!

Quote Originally Posted by zen2000 View Post
    Yes as soon as I start typing any letter / symbol / digit it shows the X on the send button!! this happen if I choose from contacts the person before typing SMS

But today I could send 3 messages by just type in first the message and next I type the Number to send to "Important not selecting from contacts" and I send it to my other phone it works.. But when I select from contacts my other phone number or any number from contacts it directly shows the X cross on send Button!!! So I can only type SMS and next type the digits "not before typing SMS" and it work for only one person every time

I think this is a small bug and I hope to solve it.. Best Regards & Happy Feast "Eid Sa3eed"
    I couldn't recreate this problem. I will try later in detail testing every other way to recreate this. It is important that I can recreate this myself so I can see the bug then fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by ramyromeo View Post
    Great work, my Touchpad read full Arabic now

is the Arabic keyboard in 0.85 version yet ?
    Sadly, not yet.
    The Pre 3 doctor is out: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/manta...220mantawr.jar

I'm on my TouchPad right now with a crappy connection, otherwise I would've extracted libWebKitLuna.so. Hope this helps, would be great to have Arabic on my Pre 3 when it arrives one of these days. :-)
    - AR
    @AR_ on Twitter
    Thanks Cvvb (Jazak Allah Khair).

This is awesome, it is 10 times better now. I was tired of the squares on the screens. Do you accept donations? I am sure you spent a lot of time on this
    Updates.

I have successfully included Arabic in the webOS 3.0.2 Virtual Keyboard. Still in early stages. I have changed the whole symbol screen to include these letters.

I am thinking about other alternatives currently.

Attached is a Screenshot about the progress so far.

Regards,
    Anyway we can also get the arabic keyboard on our devices?
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDizzAR View Post
    The Pre 3 doctor is out: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/manta...220mantawr.jar

I'm on my TouchPad right now with a crappy connection, otherwise I would've extracted libWebKitLuna.so. Hope this helps, would be great to have Arabic on my Pre 3 when it arrives one of these days. :-)
    Working on it; though, I need beta testers as I don't have the device currently before I can release anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ahimed View Post
    Thanks Cvvb (Jazak Allah Khair).

This is awesome, it is 10 times better now. I was tired of the squares on the screens. Do you accept donations? I am sure you spent a lot of time on this
    You're welcome.

I don't accept dontations (thanks for the offer ); I worked on this for my own benefit, also.

Quote Originally Posted by ahimed View Post
    Anyway we can also get the arabic keyboard on our devices?
    Till now, not yet.

I am working on it and will update you guys once I have a workable model to try and test.
  8.    #68  
    First Post Updated.

I have been working on enhancing the backend engine for the Arabization code. The newer version "v0.9" provides a newer backend with enhanced performance. I saw some lags before, however, now with the newer logic that went away.

As I didn't have the chance to test the impact of the newer engine thoroughly, I expect a bug fix subversions. Please, test and report back if you notice any problem. I did test it with few samples and it ran flawlessly, though. !

As for the webOS 3.0.2 Keyboard, I have been working on it and no new updates. I am searching for a better way to add the keyboard as the way I tried now takes away the Symbol Keyboard "+=[]" and I don't think that would make a great idea. We have to wait and see what happens next as I am exploring my possibilities.

Regards,
    Salam and Eid Mubarak.
    i tried your instructions on touchpad 32 and was not able to get it to work...not sure what i am doing wrong.
    1-loaded .9 luna into \user\lib\
    2-loaded the font you mentioned into \user\share\fonts

reloaded luna nd still no arabi.
    Thi is my 1st time with Linux, i am more of windows IT.

any help?

shukran, Sameer
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by salzouby View Post
    Salam and Eid Mubarak.
    i tried your instructions on touchpad 32 and was not able to get it to work...not sure what i am doing wrong.
    1-loaded .9 luna into \user\lib\
    2-loaded the font you mentioned into \user\share\fonts

reloaded luna nd still no arabi.
    Thi is my 1st time with Linux, i am more of windows IT.

any help?

shukran, Sameer
    Salam ... Eid Sa3eed,

the path should be /usr/lib .... for the libWebKitLuna.so

and the font should be renamed to ( HeiS_nb.ttf ) then send it to /usr/share/fonts ... Linux is case sensitive ... copy and paste the name of the font.

I think you misspelled the dir and you didn't rename the font name, these two issues were the main problems.
    Last edited by CvvB; 09/03/2011 at 03:11 AM.
  11. i3
    can anyone confirm if arabic works on the pre 3 yet? and if so, what is the method? is it the same as the instructions on the first post?
    thanks
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by i3 View Post
    can anyone confirm if arabic works on the pre 3 yet? and if so, what is the method? is it the same as the instructions on the first post?
    thanks
    Pre 3 has webOS 2.2.0 on it ... so not yet!

I have finished the files, but I am waiting on beta testers ...

Anyone wants to test the files before I release them?

Call for testers !
  13. i3
    will you provide clear, detailed instructions on how to test the files? and what may happen to the handset if the files don't work as you would like?
    i wouldn't mind so long as it isn't problematic for the handset...
  14.    #74  
    will you provide clear, detailed instructions on how to test the files? and what may happen to the handset if the files don't work as you would like?
    i wouldn't mind so long as it isn't problematic for the handset...
    Of course ... I would and should guarantee also that your handset can be recovered in case anything go wrong and how to make sure that the device with the mod is going fine.
  15. i3
    ok...so how do we do this then?
    Salam ... Eid Sa3eed,

the path should be /usr/lib .... for the libWebKitLuna.so

and the font should be renamed to ( HeiS_nb.ttf ) then send it to /usr/share/fonts ... Linux is case sensitive ... copy and paste the name of the font.

I think you misspelled the dir and you didn't rename the font name, these two issues were the main problems.
    I used teh GUI to send the files-so directory were correct. i doubled checked and was able to see the files in the correct directories as per the instructions...still no arabi
  17.    #77  
    ok...so how do we do this then?
    PM me so we coordinate this.

I used teh GUI to send the files-so directory were correct. i doubled checked and was able to see the files in the correct directories as per the instructions...still no arabi
    What GUI?

And whenever you send the libWebKitLuna.so, then the system will automatically do a Luna Restart. If it didn't then you must have failed in something.

Let's get to the roots, if you don't see Arabic letters, then the font is not installed correctly regardless of the patched libWebKitLuna.so. Try installing the font correctly then we can continue seeing the problem.

Also, did you rename the font? What version are you using, exactly?

Give me detailed steps of everything you have done, which programs have you used ... etc!

Regards,
    PM me so we coordinate this.

What GUI?

And whenever you send the libWebKitLuna.so, then the system will automatically do a Luna Restart. If it didn't then you must have failed in something.

Let's get to the roots, if you don't see Arabic letters, then the font is not installed correctly regardless of the patched libWebKitLuna.so. Try installing the font correctly then we can continue seeing the problem.

Also, did you rename the font? What version are you using, exactly?

Give me detailed steps of everything you have done, which programs have you used ... etc!

Regards,
    I installed Webos SDK Emulator with Webos PDK Nova Browser on win 7 pro. 32bit
    -downlaoded .9 luna from your link
    -downloaded arialuni.ttf and renamed it to HeiS_nb.ttf
    1-connect TP 32GB 3.02 via usb
    2-run the emulator
    3-run the nova browser (that is what i meant by GUI- i dont need to type commands, just use mouse)
    4-at this point i see a large usb icon on TP
    3-in the Nova (on PC) browser "file add file" then brows to the directory where .9 luna was saved
    - DOS (like) window shows files being added. it stops saying copy was completed.
    -no reboot happen
    -back to nova browser and browsed to the downloaded font file and picked teh /usr/share/fonts. DOS window shows files added to the mentioned directory and stops.
    -no reboot still
    shutdown emulator and browser and disconnect tp from pc.
    -do mnual shutdown and reboot
    -still no luck. still see the same boxes whenever i brows aljazeera.net
    i uploaded some images and hope they were attached and make sense
    here are the pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
  20.    #80  
    I installed Webos SDK Emulator with Webos PDK Nova Browser on win 7 pro. 32bit
    -downlaoded .9 luna from your link
    -downloaded arialuni.ttf and renamed it to HeiS_nb.ttf
    1-connect TP 32GB 3.02 via usb
    2-run the emulator
    3-run the nova browser (that is what i meant by GUI- i dont need to type commands, just use mouse)
    4-at this point i see a large usb icon on TP
    3-in the Nova (on PC) browser "file add file" then brows to the directory where .9 luna was saved
    - DOS (like) window shows files being added. it stops saying copy was completed.
    -no reboot happen
    -back to nova browser and browsed to the downloaded font file and picked teh /usr/share/fonts. DOS window shows files added to the mentioned directory and stops.
    -no reboot still
    shutdown emulator and browser and disconnect tp from pc.
    -do mnual shutdown and reboot
    -still no luck. still see the same boxes whenever i brows aljazeera.net
    i uploaded some images and hope they were attached and make sense
    here are the pics
    In that case everything is ok ... expect one thing: Why did you run the Emulator?

I guess that the NovaBrowser would pick the Emulator rather then the device connected.

Try sending the Font first then the libWebKitLuna.so without running the Emulator ...
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast