Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263132333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree119Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-happy View Post
    Hi!

I'd really like to install this patch, but I also need to keep the ability to view & input Chinese characters. Since the patch replaces the system font, would I still be able to do that?

Thanks!
    Just a slightly educated guess - you will to need to make a change to an *.so file (I can't recall the name) to change the CRC for libwebkitluna.so. CvvB can tell you for sure.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    dear cvvb
    first of all i would like to thank you for the all effort you do .... but i would like from you the steps to modify my touchpad 3.0.5 to read and write arabic cause i am new with the webos system and the tools i need to do that again many thanks for your help
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderman2012 View Post
    dear cvvb
    first of all i would like to thank you for the all effort you do .... but i would like from you the steps to modify my touchpad 3.0.5 to read and write arabic cause i am new with the webos system and the tools i need to do that again many thanks for your help
    See the first post in this thread for CvvB's precise instructions.
    Shneor
    how to add پ - چ - گ - ژ ?
    thanks for any help
  5.    #705  
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-happy View Post
    Hi!

I'd really like to install this patch, but I also need to keep the ability to view & input Chinese characters. Since the patch replaces the system font, would I still be able to do that?

Thanks!
    Can you refer me to how did you install Chinese input? I would like to see it, so I can judge how would I integrate both processes. Installing the keyboard mentioned here will surly remove the Chinese keyboard if they both reside in the LunaSysMgr, that is the system keyboard; however, if the Chinese input is using other forms, then no problems. To summarize it: Refer me to the Chinese keyboard so I can study its interns and judge correctly.

As for the font I have, it has almost all languages - no wonder considering it 22MByte size . You can safely install the font and it should be fine for both Arabic and Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by bahram View Post
    how to add پ - چ - گ - ژ ?
    thanks for any help
    Refer to this thread for Farsi keyboard: Keyboard Layouts
    Last edited by CvvB; 06/09/2012 at 01:32 PM.
    alsalam alikom wa rahmato allah,

dear CvvB,

i have got HP Touchpad 32GB as a gift from Canada, i am stocked with the Arabic matter till now.

at the beginning i updated my webos to 3.0.5, then i found your post here and i was so excited about it, but now i am so frustrated, i followed your steps precisely, still getting squares!!!

i will list for you the steps i did to check them for me if you dont mind:

1-i downloaded this:
    webOS 3.0.5 (3G Model)
    MD5 of the Original File: 23fab0971a8b0ee4a5e38d09314f9fc1
    v0.9r3: Click Here
    and
    arialuni.ttf and rename it to HeiS_nb.ttf

2- then i switched my my TP to development mode and connect it to my laptop using webos quick installer.
    3- firstly, i retrieved libWebKitLuna.so from /usr/lib to my computer.
    4- i sent the fonts file to HeiS_nb.ttf to /usr/share/fonts.
    5- then i sent the Arabic-Enabled libWebKitLuna.so to /usr/lib and the touchpad restarted automatically.

still getting squares!!!

then i doctored my TP by webos doctor to the default setting.

again:
    1-i downloaded this:
    webOS 3.0.5 (WiFi Model)
    MD5 of the Original File: 3d90fd6e33e1f382814c653c0e63a6eb
    and

2- then i switched my my TP to development mode and connect it to my laptop using webos quick installer.
    5- then i sent the Arabic-Enabled libWebKitLuna.so to /usr/lib and the touchpad restarted automatically.

still getting squared!!!

please help me, i need Arabic to my family, and if there is any file i should download it from your post plz link it here to avoid being lost there and to be precise.
  7.    #707  
    Quote Originally Posted by milan guy View Post
    alsalam alikom wa rahmato allah,

dear CvvB,

i have got HP Touchpad 32GB as a gift from Canada, i am stocked with the Arabic matter till now.

at the beginning i updated my webos to 3.0.5, then i found your post here and i was so excited about it, but now i am so frustrated, i followed your steps precisely, still getting squares!!!

i will list for you the steps i did to check them for me if you dont mind:

1-i downloaded this:
    webOS 3.0.5 (3G Model)
    MD5 of the Original File: 23fab0971a8b0ee4a5e38d09314f9fc1
    and

still getting squares!!!

then i doctored my TP by webos doctor to the default setting.

again:
    1-i downloaded this:
    webOS 3.0.5 (WiFi Model)
    MD5 of the Original File: 3d90fd6e33e1f382814c653c0e63a6eb
    and

still getting squared!!!

please help me, i need Arabic to my family, and if there is any file i should download it from your post plz link it here to avoid being lost there and to be precise.
    Wa Alikum Essalam Wa Rahmatu Allah wa Barakatu

First of all, I apologize for not answering your PM; I just have seen it.

If you see squares, then most likely the font was incorrectly installed. We had one person sending the old font over and over again. Can you receive the font you already have and check its size?

The font should be ~22MByte in size. Please, make sure that all the directories, file names, and everything else are copied exactly from the guide I have posted; webOS is case sensitive!

First receive this file "COPY AND PASTE INTO QWOSI":
    /usr/share/fonts/HeiS_nb.ttf

Tell me about the outcomes and we can work it from there.

P.S.
    3G model is the model with SIM Card slot and 3G module; while the WiFi model is the model with no SIM Card slot and, thus, no 3G module.
    alsalm alikom wa rahmato allah,

thank you for reply,

i am in work right now, in shallah i will do it within two hours and reply for you.

i will do anything to follow up with you my problem.

in shalah togather we will solve.

you're sincerely,

Eng. Omar Qasem
    alsalam alikom wa rahmato allah wa barakatoh.

dear CvvB,

alhamdolelah finally it is worked with me, thanks for alah in the beginning and you after.

your hit about the size of the transfered fonts file was very useful for me. when i retrieved the file the size was 14MB and come with chinese symbols, from this i realized that the file didnt transfered correctly, it appears that i added to the name extra (.ttf) while the file type is already true fonts file.

i sent the correct one again and it worked walhamdolelah.

endless thanks for allah, then for you.

another question if you dont maind:
    how to apply the patch for the messagingApp.
  10.    #710  
    Quote Originally Posted by milan guy View Post
    alsalam alikom wa rahmato allah wa barakatoh.

dear CvvB,

alhamdolelah finally it is worked with me, thanks for alah in the beginning and you after.

your hit about the size of the transfered fonts file was very useful for me. when i retrieved the file the size was 14MB and come with chinese symbols, from this i realized that the file didnt transfered correctly, it appears that i added to the name extra (.ttf) while the file type is already true fonts file.

i sent the correct one again and it worked walhamdolelah.

endless thanks for allah, then for you.

another question if you dont maind:
    how to apply the patch for the messagingApp.
    Wa Alikum Essalam Wa Rahmatu Allah wa Barakatu

Aha, so that was the problem. That's why in the manual I mentioned "Showing the file extension under Windows", to avoid this problem.

Just take the appropriate Patch and use WOSQI to install that patch. You can drag the patch and drop on WOSQI, for that matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Okay Guys ...

THIS IS OBSOLETE. THIS IS ONLY FOR webOS 3.0.2!!!

Here it is, finally ... Arabic Keyboard for the TouchPad. I still have to go through the Extension set for Long Presses on each key, but most letters are there.

WARNING:
    I still didn't finalize this, so please, use it carefully. Make sure you know what you are doing before even thinking about attempting this. and BACKUP ALL YOUR FILES BEFORE DOING ANYTHING.

Credits:
    • Dmitry Silaev (Compvir) - For his more than nice guide on the parts of the Virtual Keyboard and the structure behind it.
    • Isaac Garzón (isagar2004) - For his marvelous patch for Regional Keys and changing Locales.
    • Anyone else I might have forgotten and/or not aware about that contributed to this.

Steps:
    • Connect your TouchPad to the PC using the USB cable and open the WOSQI
    • From WOSQI, go to (Tools -> Linux Commandline)
    • execute the following command by copy and paste: "initctl stop LunaSysMgr"
    • Your TouchPad will hand now. It is fine.
    • In QWOSI, send over the LunaSysMgr to the following destination: "/usr/bin"
    • In QWOSI, send over the locale.txt to the following destination: "/usr/lib/luna/customization"
    • Back to the Linux Commandline, type the following command and execute it: "initctl start LunaSysMgr"
    • Finally, your TouchPad will do a Luna Restart.
    • After the TouchPad finishes the Luna Restart, do a Shutdown and Start the device again
    • Go to "Regional Settings" on the TouchPad
    • Click on Add Keyboard, and choose the layout "Azerty" and the Language "Arabic"
    • Add another keyboard with layout "Qwerty" and Language "English"
    • Enjoy

Sources:

I have also done a tool that gives you a graphical representation of the Keyboard Layout in the Luna Manager and you can modify it. This is the tool that I have used to produce the attached files.

LunaSysMgr
    Attachment 60928

The Editor, which I hope I can finish soon:
    Attachment 60929

Screenshot of the current Layout of the Keyboard:
    Attachment 60939
    Salam brother,

I have just bought a TP and I am trying to install arabic support. I downloaded the locale.txt but the link for LunaSysMgr does not work. Could you please inform me where I can find it. Thanks
  12.    #712  
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfinsh View Post
    Salam brother,

I have just bought a TP and I am trying to install arabic support. I downloaded the locale.txt but the link for LunaSysMgr does not work. Could you please inform me where I can find it. Thanks
    Wa Alikum Essalam ...

First of all, are you sure about the version you are about to install?

The quote shows that you have downloaded files for version 3.0.2, which is not the latest. Be sure first before ruining everything.
    I do not know what to say for you
    you are amazing and it worked with me very good
    Thanks a lot
    hi Guys I have been reading the post thatnk you for the great work, I am using a palm Pre 2 with a webos 2.0.1 which version of the patch should I download since this webos version is not mentionned in the first post list of downloads.
    I also wanted to check with the guys who are using webos 2.0.1 in the middle east if they found a way to over come the messanging bug that says that u have reached the maximum carachters on your message?

Many thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chreet View Post
    hi Guys I have been reading the post thatnk you for the great work, I am using a palm Pre 2 with a webos 2.0.1 which version of the patch should I download since this webos version is not mentionned in the first post list of downloads.
    I also wanted to check with the guys who are using webos 2.0.1 in the middle east if they found a way to over come the messanging bug that says that u have reached the maximum carachters on your message?

Many thanks
    Hi Guys and thanks for this wonderfull post unfortunatly I tried it on my WebOs 2.0.1 on Pre 2 and I used the 1.4.5 version for pre since no version for 2.0.1 was available so my Pre 2 hung up at the PALM screen so I had to restore the original files and all went well as previuos ........... no arabic :-(
    HIIIIIIIIII

I'M SOOOO new to every thing and I HATED MY hp touch pd coz i can't read or write arabic

I'M COMPLELTLY lost in posts and threadsand wish that any one help me

i instaled WOSQI and preware and made my hp in developer mode,,, and updated it to last version 3.0.5 i think anddd can't do any thind more

it's wfi by the way

can any one guide me how to arabilize it by simple steps with links to file download
    and how to get arabic key board tooo,,, ((((

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz don't ignore me
    ohhhhhhh my god i did it ,,, i got arabic lnguage and keyboard in mins

thanks CVVB you are an angeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel
  18.    #718  
    Quote Originally Posted by chreet View Post

Many thanks
    Why won't you update your Pre 2 to webOS 2.1 and download the files for that version?
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Why won't you update your Pre 2 to webOS 2.1 and download the files for that version?
    Well in fact I kind of want to keep my "classic Emulator" and it is not working when I am upgrading, and the "normal" old palm applications are essential for me

any way thanks
    CvvB,
    May I draw your attention to post #614 at http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html ? It seems that webos will be moving to LunaCE; it might be much easier to port Arabic to this new version. They say it will enable the use of many keyboard layouts.
    Thx!
    Shneor