Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree119Likes
    i guess there is smthn wrong goin on with me
    my TP is not working right now there is only the Hp logo in the middle of the screen
    do you have any idea how to get my TP working again ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohammed.sokoon View Post
    i guess there is smthn wrong goin on with me
    my TP is not working right now there is only the Hp logo in the middle of the screen
    do you have any idea how to get my TP working again ?
    Hold down the power button and the home button (on the bottom) for at least 15 deconds, then let go. If that does not help, plug in the charging cord (when connected to a power supply, of course).
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    Hold down the power button and the home button (on the bottom) for at least 15 deconds, then let go. If that does not help, plug in the charging cord (when connected to a power supply, of course).
    Didn't work
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohammed.sokoon View Post
    Didn't work
    Is the H P logo still in the middle of the screen?
    Shneor
    Salamo Alaykom

I am a fan of Palm's webOS and your Arabization as well. You made me love back my TouchPad. That is when I and my wife started Arabic browsing and searching on it. I came across your thread in Feb.2012. I took time to review "all" the posts; to make sure I don't ask dumb questions.
    But here is a dumb one anyway: Can you teach me or show me the resources to modify the keyboard and the fonts? If you think this may take too much time off your work, just allow me to ask specific questions and give certain suggestions later on.
    I want you to know that you made my year since I thought no one would care about Arabic on webOS until it is open sourced. Allah bless you for all the good work.
    I got too many questions, but for the moment I would like to ask one question and make two requests:
    Have you got any advance in modifying the regional settings to add Arabic/Farsi/Urdu despite it actually does not check for the correct vocabulary?
    Can you modify the iPad-like font posted to show connected diacritic letters for Arabic and Urdu?
    Can you add shift/hold-tap characters to TP's keyboard at will or are you restricted to the AZERTY/QWERTZ layout provided by HP?
    I am a patient guy who loves the webOS and have high hopes for Arab programmers/engineers. Await your reply.

Thank you
    dadueler likes this.
    Just installed Arabization on my new-to-me Pre 3. Thanks to the Arialuna.ttf font, I can see not only Arabic characters, but also Hebrew and Russian (Cyrillic), and I'm sure, many others. CvvB, thanks again!
    I am not that savvy to work with four languages at any time. However I wanted to show off to a Pakistani friend so I installed the Farsi keyboard patch. Of course that was stupid of me since they actually use a different set of letters.
    Still, do you have a step be step guide to how to install all these different non-standard languages? It does not have to be a detailed guide but links to proper files and method for applying [patch/file] is greatly appreciated. Are you still using your TouchPad offline mode to keep the old webOS version? is it the magic ingredient to your recipe?
    If you like you can PM me to share screen captures and experience on how to method to refine it before putting it public to webOS nation citizens.

Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Smart3go View Post
    I am not that savvy to work with four languages at any time. However I wanted to show off to a Pakistani friend so I installed the Farsi keyboard patch. Of course that was stupid of me since they actually use a different set of letters.
    Still, do you have a step be step guide to how to install all these different non-standard languages? It does not have to be a detailed guide but links to proper files and method for applying [patch/file] is greatly appreciated. Are you still using your TouchPad offline mode to keep the old webOS version? is it the magic ingredient to your recipe?
    If you like you can PM me to share screen captures and experience on how to method to refine it before putting it public to webOS nation citizens.

Thank you
    No virtual keyboard on the Pre 3. Just to view different languages, just follow CvvB's instructions for the Pre 3, listed in the first post in this thread.
    Shneor
    No virtual keyboard on the Pre 3. Just to view different languages, just follow CvvB's instructions for the Pre 3, listed in the first post in this thread.
    Yes but CvvB only overwrites .ttf and .so files how would you put other languages?
    And about the TouchPad you mentioned in early post of this thread that you got more than one virtual keyboard for non-standard language too. How did you do that? does the version 3.02 has magical powers allowing you to keep all the amazing layouts...
    see my post to you again and kindly be more detailed I read all the thread posts so that I don't repeat a question for which the answer is in the thread ... or even the attachments.

BTW what does your Avatar represent?
    Last edited by Smart3go; 04/23/2012 at 08:17 PM.
    [PATCH] Phonetic Arabic Keyboard for webOS Phones

You can try this patch for typing in Arabic on the Pre3, it's in Preware now

It uses the hardware keyboard, and maps the Arabic letters (mostly) to their English equivalents... it's not perfect, but gets the job done!
    Yes but CvvB only overwrites .ttf and .so files how would you put other languages?
    And about the TouchPad you mentioned in early post of this thread that you got more than one virtual keyboard for non-standard language too. How did you do that? does the version 3.02 has magical powers allowing you to keep all the amazing layouts...
    see my post to you again and kindly be more detailed I read all the thread posts so that I don't repeat a question for which the answer is in the thread ... or even the attachments.

My avatar is a photo of my 22" telescope, I'm an amateur astronomer - the telescope is about 8 feet high when pointed straight up (the mirror is almost 56cm in diameter and stands 244cm high).

OK, there are 3 keyboard layouts in Regional Settings, qwerty, azerty and qwertz. So on the TP you can have a max of three alphabets. I have English, Hebrew and Arabic. English is native on mine, I added Hebrew using a patch file (now available in 2 threads (http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html AND http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html). For adding the Arabic I needed specific help from CvvB. You follow his install instructions, but in addition, you need to change the checksum of libwebkitluna.so because it's modified first by the Hebrew and again by the Arabic, and I believe there is another changed file (HeIS_nb.ttf). CvvB emailed me specific directions for this. Unfortunately, I cannot find the emails, so although I was going to replicatge the process for 3.0.5, I cannot (and there's a checksum change as well, and I'm not sure about the sequence of determining the checksum and applying it. So I'm still on 3.0.2. Hope this helps; if CvvB has any time, you might ask him, and let me know too.
    Shneor
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDueler View Post
    [PATCH] Phonetic Arabic Keyboard for webOS Phones

You can try this patch for typing in Arabic on the Pre3, it's in Preware now

It uses the hardware keyboard, and maps the Arabic letters (mostly) to their English equivalents... it's not perfect, but gets the job done!
    I have seen that, there's one for Hebrew as well. I may try it. Thx!
    Shneor
  12.    #692  
    Salamo Alaykom

I am a fan of Palm's webOS and your Arabization as well. You made me love back my TouchPad. That is when I and my wife started Arabic browsing and searching on it. I came across your thread in Feb.2012. I took time to review "all" the posts; to make sure I don't ask dumb questions.
    I am glad that my work has helped you. You're most welcomed.

But here is a dumb one anyway: Can you teach me or show me the resources to modify the keyboard and the fonts? If you think this may take too much time off your work, just allow me to ask specific questions and give certain suggestions later on.
    For the keyboard, I have a tool that was a WIP; however, my HDD crushed and with it I lost half my work. I will try to publish the tool I made. As for the font, that is a tricky one. Since I hand modify the libraries, the character retrieval part of the libraries are untouched, thus, I am relaying on a specific roles on the font for it to be rendered correctly. I will try to elaborate on this later extensively.

Have you got any advance in modifying the regional settings to add Arabic/Farsi/Urdu despite it actually does not check for the correct vocabulary?
    HP changed the Locale structure and, at time I have published the keyboard, nobody has reached a conclusion of changing the Locale. I haven't, to be honest, spent anytime on the subject, though.

Can you modify the iPad-like font posted to show connected diacritic letters for Arabic and Urdu?
    Sure

Can you add shift/hold-tap characters to TP's keyboard at will or are you restricted to the AZERTY/QWERTZ layout provided by HP?
    Yes, using the tool I have mentioned earlier. You can modify the list for each layout. You can do it, matter of fact, by using any Hex Editor if you know the structure of the LunaSysMgr.so ... It is documented in webOS Internalz's wiki, by the way.

Thank you
    Four languages are not possible. Maximum can be three as how did HP made the mechanism of LunaSysMgr.so

Version 3.0.2 is different than the current versions. I can elaborate on this further more later.
    Last edited by CvvB; 04/29/2012 at 03:08 PM.
    Good to see some life breathed into this thread.. It had been silent with low traffic for a while. :-)
    hello every one just got my self 32g WiFi one that fall onto me from a family member that can't take it no more or join your forum to try installing arabic font & website reader
    well thought to drop couple of words to you all and thanks a lot for this great work
    I have to spend my week days and end to find out these puzzle words at first and try to proof to my cousins that this is by fare a much worth while tab
    have a great weekends ya lot and see you all soon with further silly questions that I belief you will have lots of laughs and giggles
    guys i jst got my HP tablet 32gb can anybody tell me how can i read the arabic websites and have an arabic keyboard if possible too. but the most important thing is the websites plz if any body can help ??
    Quote Originally Posted by fo2sh View Post
    guys i jst got my HP tablet 32gb can anybody tell me how can i read the arabic websites and have an arabic keyboard if possible too. but the most important thing is the websites plz if any body can help ??
    Follow the steps at the first page of this thread. The steps are very clear and easy to follow. Report back if you have any difficulties.
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar79 View Post
    Follow the steps at the first page of this thread. The steps are very clear and easy to follow. Report back if you have any difficulties.
    i downloaded the web Os quick installer but every time i connect my hp touch pad it doesn't find it so what can i do to make it work ?
    Quote Originally Posted by fo2sh View Post
    i downloaded the web Os quick installer but every time i connect my hp touch pad it doesn't find it so what can i do to make it work ?
    you have to put the device in "developer mode", here is how:

In "just type" box type in the following phrase "webos20090606", this will unhide the developer mode tool. Just run it and turn "developer mode" on. It will ask you if you would like to addva password, do NOT add anything just skip it and press submit.

your device shoukd be then ready to be connected to Quick Install.
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar79 View Post
    you have to put the device in "developer mode", here is how:

In "just type" box type in the following phrase "webos20090606", this will unhide the developer mode tool. Just run it and turn "developer mode" on. It will ask you if you would like to addva password, do NOT add anything just skip it and press submit.

your device shoukd be then ready to be connected to Quick Install.
    Thank u very much now i can read arabic
    Hi!

I'd really like to install this patch, but I also need to keep the ability to view & input Chinese characters. Since the patch replaces the system font, would I still be able to do that?

Thanks!