Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree119Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nashy000 View Post
    I have applied the both the Arabization and the keyboard ... but the Arabic Keyboard doesn't show up
    did you add a new kayboard azerty layout ? This is under the settings tab.. Regional settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar79 View Post
    did you add a new kayboard azerty layout ? This is under the settings tab.. Regional settings.
    Yes, I did. But Arabic does not show under the list of languages....
    Last edited by nashy000; 02/15/2012 at 08:09 AM.
  3.    #663  
    Quote Originally Posted by nashy000 View Post
    Yes, I did. But Arabic does not show under the list of languages....
    It won't show up in the Language list. HP changed the way of adding new languages and a new locale. If you have downloaded and applied the AZERTY file, just add the AZERTY layout with ANY language and it should be fine.

Regards,
    CvvB
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    It won't show up in the Language list. HP changed the way of adding new languages and a new locale. If you have downloaded and applied the AZERTY file, just add the AZERTY layout with ANY language and it should be fine.

Regards,
    CvvB
    with webOS 3.0.5, came the option "none" in the language list. Which I found perfect to use in case of Arabic keyboard, reflecting the fact that no spellings correction dictionary is in use. Maybe this can be added to the instructions for 3.0.5, to clear off some confusion that keeps poping up.
    Thanks alot brothers it worked I really appreciate your help Jazakum Allah Khair
    Maybe to the right if the space bar?. The Arabic keyboard is maximizing the highest number of buttons on each row I believe. One way to claim back some space is to combine some letters using the shift keys. Few letters can go on the same button with shift switch, for example

و ؤ
    ى ئ
    ه ة

not sure if this is the best way to go.

and by the way, isn't this a good idea to have a quick access to some symbols. I.e. Using shift?

in any case, having arrow keys would be really great, it takes me so many trials to get the cursor in the right place, sometimes I just give up.

Thanks in advance CvvB!
    I think somewhere on the boom row would work, to the right of the spacebar is as good a place as I can think of.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    i could not install the arabic on my TP i tried several times helppppppppp please
    Quote Originally Posted by tigeradam220 View Post
    i could not install the arabic on my TP i tried several times helppppppppp please
    what part didn't work with you? The instructions are pretty clear and straight forward. Did you send the font file after renaming it? And also the .so file ?
    hi,m new to this but can anyone confirm ,if i can add Hindi font to it...or this is just for arabic language??
    incase this'll work for hindi too,then can i send 2 files ,renaming both to HeiS_nb.ttf to folder /usr/share/fonts
    pl help...
    Quote Originally Posted by tovivekmishra View Post
    hi,m new to this but can anyone confirm ,if i can add Hindi font to it...or this is just for arabic language??
    incase this'll work for hindi too,then can i send 2 files ,renaming both to HeiS_nb.ttf to folder /usr/share/fonts
    pl help...
    This is just for Arabic, but you might find instructions for Hindi in the HP Touchpad Homebrew Forum. Look for these topics:" Virtual keyboard layouts patches with arrow keys" and also" US QWERTY vkb layout--WITH WORKING ARROW KEYS!!!"
    Shneor
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    This is just for Arabic, but you might find instructions for Hindi in the HP Touchpad Homebrew Forum. Look for these topics:" Virtual keyboard layouts patches with arrow keys" and also" US QWERTY vkb layout--WITH WORKING ARROW KEYS!!!"
    thanx a lot dear for the right direction......
    Hi, I transfered the libwebkitluna.so via quickinstall and it says transfer was successful, my touchpad hanged and still hanging, I download the 3.0.5 wifi only version. I did a manual reboot by pressing the sleep and home button. I tried to open an arabic website but I still get those boxes. please help if posible.

edit: Oh my god! it does work. I found out that I was in dev mode so I turned it off. and resent the file again and luna restarted by itself I also sent the font file which I didnt see till I downloaded your pdf guide. thank you so much and god bless!
    Last edited by monssef; 02/24/2012 at 10:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nassibr View Post
    dear CvvB
    I upgraded to Webos 3.0.4 but I lost the Arabic reading. I can see Arabic characters but cannot read the sentences. Regards.

can any one please send medetailed instructions how to instaal arbic fonts on TP including the dowload links for the needed files.thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Atassi View Post
    can any one please send medetailed instructions how to instaal arbic fonts on TP including the dowload links for the needed files.thanks
    Just read the FIRST post in this thread. You will find comprehensive, detailed directions on installing fonts and keyboard.
    Shneor
  15.    #675  
    Quote Originally Posted by Atassi View Post
    I am quite busy these days so I couldn't answer on time.

All you need is in the first post. I posted a guideline in the first post, there is. in the last section, a troubleshooting section. Read that and tell me which symptom are you getting?

Did you send both the SO files and the font file AFTER RENAMING THE FONT FILE. Do you know that webOS is case sensitive so you must rename the font to the exact name.

All these information are needed before I can tell you why the Arabization didn't work for you. Please, take the time to write precisely what have you done and what haven't you done so I can judge the situation correctly.

Regards,
    hi there..
    It is my first time using the arabization in my touchpad and every thing is working better than great.

thanks a lot CvvB for the great job. I followed your instruction and it was very easy installing the keyboard.

I wish you all the best.
    Last edited by aldos123; 03/11/2012 at 08:27 AM.
    Salam CvvB,

Any news on new updates or improvements on the Arabic keyboard?. I miss having the character Hamzah and Arabic-direction question mark. And also the incorporation of arrow keys.

Many Thanks.
    Just installed Arabization on my new-to-me Pre 3. Thanks to the Arialuna.ttf font, I can see not only Arabic characters, but also Hebrew and Russian (Cyrillic), and I'm sure, many others. CvvB, thanks again!
    Shneor
    Salam CvvB,

Any news on new updates or improvements on the Arabic keyboard?. I miss having the character Hamzah and Arabic-direction question mark. And also the incorporation of arrow keys.

Many Thanks.
    I am also missing these two characters
    There are free, small English-Arabic and Arabic-English dictionaries available, using a free or paid "Offline Dict" app, from the App catalog. The app runs on both the Pre 3 and the Touchpad. It's a bit of an awkward front end, but it does work. The dictionaries are available at English dictionaries - just download on a PC (and install to the device via USB) or using your device, to the Downloads directory, run the app and install the dictionaries. You do need CvvB's Arabic setup to type in Arabic. And that makes me wonder if there is an Arabic virtual keyboard in the Pre 3 install?
    Last edited by shneor; 03/26/2012 at 04:57 PM.
    Shneor