Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Sorry to double post.

First post has been updated.

I have done the Arabization for webOS 3.0.5; grab it while its hot . Be sure to get the correct file version; either WiFi Models or 3G Models, depending on what do you have.

I will do the keyboard soon, it won't take that much of time. It is a matter of finding some free time to do it.

Regards,
    thanks a lot CvvB for your great work, arabic fonts now working very well for the update 3.0.5 surfing arabic web sites correctely, waiting for the arabic keyboard soon inshallah.
    one inquiry before the arabic keyboard , if i install the keybord with arrows for 3.0.5, shall this one affecting the install of the arabic keyboard or not? thank you in adavance for your explanation
  2.    #622  
    Okay Guys ...

Here it is, finally ... Arabic Keyboard for the TouchPad webOS 3.0.5. I still have to go through the Extension set for Long Presses on each key, but most letters are there.

WARNING:
    I still didn't finalize this, so please, use it carefully. Make sure you know what you are doing before even thinking about attempting this. and BACKUP ALL YOUR FILES BEFORE DOING ANYTHING.

Credits:
    • Dmitry Silaev (Compvir) - For his more than nice guide on the parts of the Virtual Keyboard and the structure behind it.
    • Isaac Garzón (isagar2004) - For his marvelous patch for Regional Keys and changing Locales.
    • Anyone else I might have forgotten and/or not aware about that contributed to this.

Steps:
    • Connect your TouchPad to the PC using the USB cable and open the WOSQI
    • From WOSQI, go to (Tools -> Linux Commandline)
    • execute the following command by copy and paste: "initctl stop LunaSysMgr"
    • Your TouchPad will hand now. It is fine.
    • In WOSQI, send over the LunaSysMgr to the following destination: "/usr/bin"
    • Back to the Linux Commandline, type the following command and execute it: "initctl start LunaSysMgr"
    • Finally, your TouchPad will do a Luna Restart.
    • Go to "Regional Settings" on the TouchPad
    • Click on Add Keyboard, and choose the layout which is mentioned on the download and choose any language.
    • Add another keyboard with layout "Qwerty" and Language "English"
    • Enjoy

Sources:

The layout name indicates that the Arabic keyboard is written over that layout. For example, QWERTY LunaSysMgr means that the Arabic keyboard replaces the QWERTY keyboard and you can still use QWERTZ and AZERTY. If you don't know what to choose, just go ahead with the AZERTY one.

QWERTY LunaSysMgr: Click Here
    QWERTZ LunaSysMgr: Click Here
    AZERTY LunaSysMgr: Click Here

The tool is very close to be finished. I will report about it later on.

NOTE:
    Sam as the previous version "webOS 3.0.4", there is a nasty bug in webOS 3.0.5, which prevents few characters from being displayed. In Arabic, the only characters affected are the Arabic numbers. I didn't change the numbers from the layout as the system will display an empty square instead. You can, however, do a long press on 1, for example, and you can see the first character in the extension list is an empty square. If you press it, then the TouchPad will type a perfect Arabic Number "١".

Enjoy,
    Last edited by CvvB; 01/22/2012 at 03:35 AM.
    Okay Guys ...

Here it is, finally ... Arabic Keyboard for the TouchPad webOS 3.0.5. I still have to go through the Extension set for Long Presses on each key, but most letters are there.

WARNING:
    I still didn't finalize this, so please, use it carefully. Make sure you know what you are doing before even thinking about attempting this. and BACKUP ALL YOUR FILES BEFORE DOING ANYTHING.

Credits:
    • Dmitry Silaev (Compvir) - For his more than nice guide on the parts of the Virtual Keyboard and the structure behind it.
    • Isaac Garzón (isagar2004) - For his marvelous patch for Regional Keys and changing Locales.
    • Anyone else I might have forgotten and/or not aware about that contributed to this.

Steps:
    • Connect your TouchPad to the PC using the USB cable and open the WOSQI
    • From WOSQI, go to (Tools -> Linux Commandline)
    • execute the following command by copy and paste: "initctl stop LunaSysMgr"
    • Your TouchPad will hand now. It is fine.
    • In WOSQI, send over the LunaSysMgr to the following destination: "/usr/bin"
    • Back to the Linux Commandline, type the following command and execute it: "initctl start LunaSysMgr"
    • Finally, your TouchPad will do a Luna Restart.
    • Go to "Regional Settings" on the TouchPad
    • Click on Add Keyboard, and choose the layout which is mentioned on the download and choose any language.
    • Add another keyboard with layout "Qwerty" and Language "English"
    • Enjoy

Sources:

The layout name indicates that the Arabic keyboard is written over that layout. For example, QWERTY LunaSysMgr means that the Arabic keyboard replaces the QWERTY keyboard and you can still use QWERTZ and AZERTY. If you don't know what to choose, just go ahead with the AZERTY one.

QWERTY LunaSysMgr: Click Here
    QWERTZ LunaSysMgr: Click Here
    AZERTY LunaSysMgr: Click Here

The tool is very close to be finished. I will report about it later on.

NOTE:
    Sam as the previous version "webOS 3.0.4", there is a nasty bug in webOS 3.0.5, which prevents few characters from being displayed. In Arabic, the only characters affected are the Arabic numbers. I didn't change the numbers from the layout as the system will display an empty square instead. You can, however, do a long press on 1, for example, and you can see the first character in the extension list is an empty square. If you press it, then the TouchPad will type a perfect Arabic Number "١".

Enjoy,
    dear CvvB , endless thanks and gratitude to your great work , now arabic keyboard also is working great plus the arabic fonts in the previous post, fastest modification made to the new 3.0.5 even before the release of the patch , genious you are , GOD bless you
    CvvB
    You are a genius! Thanks a lot bro!
    I had arabic key pad and font for 3.0.4 on my TP and it was working fine. I can still see the arabic on sites, except they are now broken in single alphabets, so if I change only the .os file, will that be OK?

Thanks.
    Hi CvvB,
    I'll wait until you are finished...and thank you - but I'm also wondering if the Arabic keyboard layout is compatible with the arrow keys, since the Dal and Dhal keys are on the top line, and there is a 12-key per line limit.
    Shneor
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    CvvB,

Thak you very much for the quick response to 3.0.5 release. You are acting fast :-)

one quick comment, the keyboard is working as it supposed to for the most part, expect arabic (should call them hindi actually) numbers. In the arabic keybaord, I only have the system-english (known as arabic :-)) numbers. I don't see squares, hold-press doesn't see to change anything.

just to let you know, I only had the stock keyboard before adding the Arabic one, except that I had two keyboards ( the trick to disable auto correct in 3.0.5) so I toggle the auto correct feature easily.

Salam,
    Jafar
  8.    #628  
    Quote Originally Posted by baskalito View Post
    thanks a lot CvvB for your great work, arabic fonts now working very well for the update 3.0.5 surfing arabic web sites correctely, waiting for the arabic keyboard soon inshallah.
    one inquiry before the arabic keyboard , if i install the keybord with arrows for 3.0.5, shall this one affecting the install of the arabic keyboard or not? thank you in adavance for your explanation
    Yes. You need to reinstall any other layouts after installing this.

Quote Originally Posted by jhussain1 View Post
    I had arabic key pad and font for 3.0.4 on my TP and it was working fine. I can still see the arabic on sites, except they are now broken in single alphabets, so if I change only the .os file, will that be OK?

Thanks.
    Yes. The library file (.so) should be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    Hi CvvB,
    I'll wait until you are finished...and thank you - but I'm also wondering if the Arabic keyboard layout is compatible with the arrow keys, since the Dal and Dhal keys are on the top line, and there is a 12-key per line limit.
    Shneor
    Can you direct me to which layout do you mean. I would like to see it so I can judge what would it do.

Quote Originally Posted by jafar79 View Post
    CvvB,

Thak you very much for the quick response to 3.0.5 release. You are acting fast :-)

one quick comment, the keyboard is working as it supposed to for the most part, expect arabic (should call them hindi actually) numbers. In the arabic keybaord, I only have the system-english (known as arabic :-)) numbers. I don't see squares, hold-press doesn't see to change anything.

just to let you know, I only had the stock keyboard before adding the Arabic one, except that I had two keyboards ( the trick to disable auto correct in 3.0.5) so I toggle the auto correct feature easily.

Salam,
    Jafar
    That was the point. You can see only the Arabic numbers. My bad, I didn't include the Hindi numbers in, I was modifying this in a rush; however, I tested it and it was exactly like webOS 3.0.4 ... nothing changed. So you didn't miss on anything !
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    Hi CvvB,
    Shneor
    It looks like they managed to compile a long list of patches for a long array of languages here
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html

Many of these already include arrow keys, which is very nice! My Questions to CvvB are:

How Hard is it to just include the arrow keys with your work?

Why not go with an IPK patch through preware like other languages since it seems doable? Or does it require a substantially extra effort to do so?

These are not requests but rather queries.. Since I know you go through an extra effort to get the Arabic support. You have been doing a great job in that!

Thanks,
    Jafar
  10.    #630  
    It looks like they managed to compile a long list of patches for a long array of languages here
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html

Many of these already include arrow keys, which is very nice! My Questions to CvvB are:

How Hard is it to just include the arrow keys with your work?

Why not go with an IPK patch through preware like other languages since it seems doable? Or does it require a substantially extra effort to do so?

These are not requests but rather queries.. Since I know you go through an extra effort to get the Arabic support. You have been doing a great job in that!

Thanks,
    Jafar
    The problem is I started working on this subject and made a tool before I find the aforementioned script. It was a tedious decision to make, either I drop the tool I was developing and go with the scripts, or I should stick to the tool. I decided to go with the tool. Once I finalize it, it would be a matter of connecting the device and the tool would let you customize the keyboard.

Beside, too lazy to build the JSON file for the keyboard !
    The problem is I started working on this subject and made a tool before I find the aforementioned script. It was a tedious decision to make, either I drop the tool I was developing and go with the scripts, or I should stick to the tool. I decided to go with the tool. Once I finalize it, it would be a matter of connecting the device and the tool would let you customize the keyboard.

Beside, too lazy to build the JSON file for the keyboard !
    What about the incorporation of the arrow keys in its current form ?
  12.    #632  
    What about the incorporation of the arrow keys in its current form ?
    I will see it and comeback with an answer tomorrow.
    Thank you so much CvvB. You are wonderful and Genuis. The Arabic support along with the Arabic keyboard works great. Again many thanks to your help and support and also for your fast relase of your magic work.
    Dear CvvB and all others who are trying to help out there,

I would like to Thank all of you especially the awesome CvvB for the tremendous effort he is trying to do to make our webOS life much easier

I would like to ask about a special inquiry,
    I followed the instructions for Arabizing my WebOS 3.0.5 and It worked but with a small malfunctioning issue, The Arabic letters are broken and I have no idea how to fix that out, So I would kindly ask for any help offered regarding fixing this issue.

P.s : I am still a Newbie in the WebOS world.
    Thanks in Advance.......... CvvB you ROCK !!
    Quote Originally Posted by SamehBrill View Post
    Dear CvvB and all others who are trying to help out there,

I would like to Thank all of you especially the awesome CvvB for the tremendous effort he is trying to do to make our webOS life much easier

I would like to ask about a special inquiry,
    I followed the instructions for Arabizing my WebOS 3.0.5 and It worked but with a small malfunctioning issue, The Arabic letters are broken and I have no idea how to fix that out, So I would kindly ask for any help offered regarding fixing this issue.

P.s : I am still a Newbie in the WebOS world.
    Thanks in Advance.......... CvvB you ROCK !!
    How broken ? disconnected you mean ?

Did you send the font file after renaming it ?

If you see disconnected Arabic letters then you most likely failed to send the file libWebKitLuna.so ... trying repeating that step again, resend the file. make sure the destination is /usr/lib and be aware of that fact that everything you do is case-sensitive (webOS is linux based).

Jafar
    How broken ? disconnected you mean ?

Did you send the font file after renaming it ?

If you see disconnected Arabic letters then you most likely failed to send the file libWebKitLuna.so ... trying repeating that step again, resend the file. make sure the destination is /usr/lib and be aware of that fact that everything you do is case-sensitive (webOS is linux based).

Jafar
    Dear Jafar,
    Thanks so much for the good tip, Arabic is smoothly running on my screen like there is no tomorrow. Awesomeness is in the Air in this Forum !

Thanks Again for Everyone's help.
    Dear cVVb

I Have Made A Big Mistake !!!!!! Pleeeeeeeez Help me .. !!!! I made the update to WebOS 3.0.5 .. and made this instrusctions without noticing that this keyboard is for 3.0.4 Only!!!!!
    Please Help me what can I Do for this !!!!!!

I sugget to U That if U have 3.0.5 .. make a back up and upload it .. i don't want this Keyboard now .. I just wanna fix this Problem !!!
    Last edited by kareemhozifa; 01/24/2012 at 01:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kareemhozifa View Post
    Dear cVVb

I Have Made A Big Mistake !!!!!! Pleeeeeeeez Help me .. !!!! I made the update to WebOS 3.0.5 .. and made this instrusctions without noticing that this keyboard is for 3.0.4 Only!!!!!

I sugget to U That if U have 3.0.5 .. make a back up and upload it .. i don't want this Keyboard now .. I just wanna fix this Problem !!!
    Kareemhozifa,

Don't worry, worst case you can just doctor your TP to bring it back to factory setting.

But now you can try this: when you turn on your TP while connected to your PC, is it recognized by WOSQI ? If that is the case, then try repeating the steps of adding the Arabic keyboard for 3.0.5 as if there is nothing wrong. The whole idea is to put back a 3.0.5 compatible LunaSysMgr.

Salam,
    Jafar
    PRINTING IN ARABIC

First, let me say that I'm still on 3.0.2. I have bee taking Arabic classes for some time, and at times I have homework that I have to turn in in Arabic. It seems that the only Touchpad editor that accepts non-Roman alphabets is the Text Editor app (available for $2.99 in the HP catalog). Until recently, I could not print from that app. Recently, though, I purchased an HP wireless laser printer, the P1102w. I still can't print directly, as WebOS is missing a printer driver for this printer (which I purchased for $89 online). But I can print using HP's eprint service, which allows printing using email. You just email the document or attachment to the printer's email address, and it prints a minute or two later. Arabic documents print just fine.

Thought some might want to know.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    jafar79 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kareemhozifa View Post
    Dear cVVb

Dear Kareem

Download WebosDoctor 3.0.5 and extrat it anywhere, search for file "LunaSysMgr" and send it to HP

Amer
    Last edited by amerfs; 01/24/2012 at 03:48 PM.