Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes
  1.    #601  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    Just a note - WebOS 3.0.5 is being pushed right now.
    You gotta be kiddin' me .... right?
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    If you remember,I posted a note about this last month. And yes, there are keyboard changes - so changes to LunaSysMgr. Sorry, you already done an incredible amount of work on this. معلش
    Shneor
    Last edited by shneor; 01/12/2012 at 09:47 PM.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by jhussain1 View Post
    So if we upgrade to webos 3.0.5, do we need to reinstall Preware and other homebrew
    softwares?

I have arabic keypad and other patches and softwares.

Thanks,
    I think the keyboard will be gone, patches will need to be updated. The Uberkernel patch for 3.0.5 is already available. Not sure, but I think Preware is OK. See the Touchpad forum for the latest.
    Shneor
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    According to CvvB, he had built a tool to automate most of the work. Hopefully he will post the updated files in no time insha Allah.

In the mean time, I'm expecting a replacement for my TouchPad to arrive tomorrow. My TP refused to wake up last week! after exhausting all options and tricks to bring it back to live over two days. HP customer support were very helpful, sent me a box with shipping label overnight. It is not the first time I get good and very quick support from HP.

Anyway, 3.0.5 came just in time!
  5.    #605  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    If you remember,I posted a note about this last month. And yes, there are keyboard changes - so changes to LunaSysMgr. Sorry, you already done an incredible amount of work on this. معلش
    Shneor
    It is ok. The biggest concern is the actual Arabization, which I didn't get the time to automate yet. I will work on it as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jafar79 View Post
    According to CvvB, he had built a tool to automate most of the work. Hopefully he will post the updated files in no time insha Allah.

In the mean time, I'm expecting a replacement for my TouchPad to arrive tomorrow. My TP refused to wake up last week! after exhausting all options and tricks to bring it back to live over two days. HP customer support were very helpful, sent me a box with shipping label overnight. It is not the first time I get good and very quick support from HP.

Anyway, 3.0.5 came just in time!
    All my work except the actual Arabization .

Regards,
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    After upgrading to 3.0.5, I lost my farsi keybord and on the persian sites I can only see disconnected farsi letters NOT words.
    Is there a new patch available for webos 3.0.5 yet?

Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    we need HELP
    dear all,bad frustrating news,arabic keyboard had gone,arabic letters not connected in arabic web sites,PDF patch had gone returned back to the poor PDF,and still more may be discoverd ,what a bad move I had made to update to 3.5 any help please
    baskalito,

It is not as bad as it looks. The customization we do to our TouchPads are not part of WebOS (That is why they are called customization! ) . When you do a system update, it is expected that many of the customization will go and you have to redo them. re-apply the patches, such as the PDF one. and wait for the new Arabic files to come out by CvvB, probably in few days insha Allah. Life is not that bad!
    Please, Do you have the "libWebKitLuna.so" file for webos v 3.0.5.
    I have updated my touchpad to webos v3.0.5 so arabic support is no longer working.
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar79 View Post
    baskalito,

It is not as bad as it looks. The customization we do to our TouchPads are not part of WebOS (That is why they are called customization! ) . When you do a system update, it is expected that many of the customization will go and you have to redo them. re-apply the patches, such as the PDF one. and wait for the new Arabic files to come out by CvvB, probably in few days insha Allah. Life is not that bad!
    dear jafar79,thank you all for great work for arabization and the keyboard, I will keep following this thread hourly and daily to reapply your patches and files to make the TP a piece of art again,regards
  12.    #612  
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedmashti View Post
    After upgrading to 3.0.5, I lost my farsi keybord and on the persian sites I can only see disconnected farsi letters NOT words.
    Is there a new patch available for webos 3.0.5 yet?

Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by ashraf7777 View Post
    we need HELP
    Quote Originally Posted by baskalito View Post
    dear all,bad frustrating news,arabic keyboard had gone,arabic letters not connected in arabic web sites,PDF patch had gone returned back to the poor PDF,and still more may be discoverd ,what a bad move I had made to update to 3.5 any help please
    Quote Originally Posted by muradalaqtash View Post
    Please, Do you have the "libWebKitLuna.so" file for webos v 3.0.5.
    I have updated my touchpad to webos v3.0.5 so arabic support is no longer working.
    Don't worry everyone. I am working on it as soon as I have the time. Insha'Allah it would be done within the next few days.

Regards,
    jafar79 likes this.
  13.    #613  
    Sorry to double post ...

First post has been updated.

I have released the Arabization for the armv6 based device, mainly the Pixi's and Pixi Pluses. These were in the pipeline before the TouchPad new update came into picture. I will start working on the TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 soon so expect some news regarding that within a week.

Regards,
    ajamer and saeedmashti like this.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    WOW, I have been looking around forever to have Arabic on my Touchpad. I am so excited to have Arabic on 3.0.5.
    CVVB, you are the best
    Hello Cvvb,
    The file libWebKitLuna.os doesn't work with WebOS 3.0.5 after installing it the touchpad keeps rebooting in a non ending mode. Only WebOS doctor can get it back to work.
    If there is any new libWebKitLuna file avilable for Webos 3.0.5 please can you send me a link.

Thanks
  16.    #616  
    Quote Originally Posted by elsaie View Post
    Hello Cvvb,
    The file libWebKitLuna.os doesn't work with WebOS 3.0.5 after installing it the touchpad keeps rebooting in a non ending mode. Only WebOS doctor can get it back to work.
    If there is any new libWebKitLuna file avilable for Webos 3.0.5 please can you send me a link.

Thanks
    Please, pretty please, don't ever try Arabization for earlier releases on newer webOS versions. Of course it would not work, it wasn't meant to ever be.
  17.    #617  
    Sorry to double post.

First post has been updated.

I have done the Arabization for webOS 3.0.5; grab it while its hot . Be sure to get the correct file version; either WiFi Models or 3G Models, depending on what do you have.

I will do the keyboard soon, it won't take that much of time. It is a matter of finding some free time to do it.

Regards,
    Thanks CvvB for 3.0.5 file.
    Do I need to reinstall arabic fonts as in your guide or only thie .so file update will work?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhussain1 View Post
    Thanks CvvB for 3.0.5 file.
    Do I need to reinstall arabic fonts as in your guide or only thie .so file update will work?

Thanks.
    yes download font, rename it HeiS_nb.ttf then send it to "/usr/share/fonts".
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hello CvvB,
    I have just tried the new version for touchpad, it is working like a charm. I can not thank you enough. After having the touchpad for almost 4 months, I finally get to use it.