Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes
    For those who don't have the latest keyboard yet, and want to see how it looks, here is a screenshot:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jafar79; 12/11/2011 at 01:54 AM.
    Hi. Thanks for the great job.
    but we still miss the hamza 3ala alsater in this keyboard
    anyway to get it?
    thank you
  3.    #563  
    Quote Originally Posted by sshadid View Post
    Hi. Thanks for the great job.
    but we still miss the hamza 3ala alsater in this keyboard
    anyway to get it?
    thank you
    Coming soon, InshA'llah.
    i made all steps as you told me and it made sense thank you and appreciating your hardwork
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Okay Guys ...

WARNING:
    I still didn't finalize this, so please, use it carefully. Make sure you know what you are doing before even thinking about attempting this. and BACKUP ALL YOUR FILES BEFORE DOING ANYTHING.

Enjoy,
    help me please .. i didn't make back up & i want to get back the default english layout of the keyboard and i don't know what to do .. i hope there is a solution .. Plzzz Help :/

P.S My Device is HP TouchPad webOS ver. 3.0.4 build 77
    and i downloaded the QWERTY SysMgr but i didn't make back up of it on my PC
    Last edited by kareemhozifa; 12/12/2011 at 12:45 PM. Reason: More Details
  6.    #566  
    Quote Originally Posted by kareemhozifa View Post
    help me please .. i didn't make back up & i want to get back the default english layout of the keyboard and i don't know what to do .. i hope there is a solution .. Plzzz Help :/

P.S My Device is HP TouchPad webOS ver. 3.0.4 build 77
    and i downloaded the QWERTY SysMgr but i didn't make back up of it on my PC
    It is okay, but you shouldn't have chosen the QWERTY one. The QWERTY one replaces the English QWERTY layout, not a good choice.

Choose the AZERTY one and repeat the steps. Then, add a new keyboard under "Regional Settings" for the AZERTY to have Arabic.

Regards,
    Quote Originally Posted by gastr View Post
    this is how i got arabic to work:

* install PreWare and Internalz Pro (a file manager)
    * get the file /usr/share/fonts/Heis_nb.ttf onto your PC (either use Internalz Pro to copy it to /media/internal and then mount it on your PC, or use Internalz Pro to email it to yourself)
    * use Font Forge to copy all characters from the Heis_nb.ttf font over top of another font that has working arabic (and i also did hebrew) characters. all the characters that the webos font supports will be preserved, and all the ones it doesn't have will not be overwritten and hence will come from the other font.
    * rename this file as Heis_nb.ttf and copy it back to your touchpad into the /usr/share/fonts. MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!!

this worked for me to get arabic and hebrew characters working in the browser and in apps (i have a few apps i've written myself that use hebrew and arabic characters and it works nicely).

it's a bit of a convoluted process. it would be faster if you could get a "fixed" Heis_nb.ttf file from somebody who has done this, but i think i would get in trouble on PreCentral if i were to publish the file in the forums.

once you've "fixed" the font you can also use it on a Pre 3, by the way.
    hi
    I'm a blog when it comes to linux and webOS in particular, can you help me add the static font to my touchpad running webOS 3.0.4? Would greatly appreciate any help you can give me I tried the guide by Cvvb but it didn't work.

thanks
    Coming soon, InshA'llah.
    CvvB,
    Not that I wish to add work, but it would also be helpful for many to add harakat, maybe as shift keys.
    Thanks,
    Shneor
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    It is okay, but you shouldn't have chosen the QWERTY one. The QWERTY one replaces the English QWERTY layout, not a good choice.

Choose the AZERTY one and repeat the steps. Then, add a new keyboard under "Regional Settings" for the AZERTY to have Arabic.

Regards,
    it means when i repeat these steps by choosing the AZERTY .. the QWERTY will be english again ??
    Quote Originally Posted by kareemhozifa View Post
    it means when i repeat these steps by choosing the AZERTY .. the QWERTY will be english again ??
    I believe that would be the case. The Azerty Luna manager has the original qwerty keyboard. So yeah, go ahead and do it.
    masha2allah,
    really man you are a genuis,had a pre - and a touchpad and was astonished by how clumsy hp supports rtl fonts.....you made my day thanks....I'm bookmarking this for future updates,,,keep rocking....omar from egy
    Dose it still work with 2.2.4 on pre3?
    salam everyone,

my pre 3 shows a new update notification !!? new version 2.2.4 2211 was released. anyway, i am afraid am going to lose the arabic support :S anyone tried update to the new version ??
    hello cvvb!

I have read your guide for arabization of web os on hp touchpad but I could not get too far.
    I tried to install webos quick install but it looks lik ethat is for only Pre and not for hp touch.

Please give me some more hints how to install arabic fonts on my HP touch?

Thanks,
    Javed
    any updates on 2.2.4 Pre 3?
    HellO!

I would like to know if I can use the arabic fonts as described in this forum on my Hp Touchpad with webos 3.0.4?

Thanks.
  17.    #577  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbasrawi View Post
    Dose it still work with 2.2.4 on pre3?
    I still didn't update the libraries.

Quote Originally Posted by moe.harb View Post
    salam everyone,

my pre 3 shows a new update notification !!? new version 2.2.4 2211 was released. anyway, i am afraid am going to lose the arabic support :S anyone tried update to the new version ??
    As I mentioned above, I didn't update the libraries. I will do so in the coming days.

Quote Originally Posted by jhussain1 View Post
    hello cvvb!

I have read your guide for arabization of web os on hp touchpad but I could not get too far.
    I tried to install webos quick install but it looks lik ethat is for only Pre and not for hp touch.

Please give me some more hints how to install arabic fonts on my HP touch?

Thanks,
    Javed
    It is, actually, for both. You have to enable "Developer Mode" for the webOS Quick Install to actually work.

Go to "Just Type" and type "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" and then click on "Developer Mode Enabler"; right then, click on Enable on the newly launched screen. Afterwards, try to follow the guide. It should work.

P.S. Always download the appropriate files.

Quote Originally Posted by bebz View Post
    any updates on 2.2.4 Pre 3?
    Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jhussain1 View Post
    HellO!

I would like to know if I can use the arabic fonts as described in this forum on my Hp Touchpad with webos 3.0.4?

Thanks.
    Yes. Make sure to download the files for the webOS 3.0.4!
    Thanks CVVB for your quick reply.

I have downloaded the correct files and will try to install tonight and
    post my results here later.
    I downloaded the arabic fonts and installed as shown by cvvb.
    It works good. I went to aljazeera.net and was able to see the arabic chars.

Thanks.
    Hello CVVB...I WANT INSTALL ANDROID ON MY TOUCHPAD ..I JUST WANT TO KNOW BEFOR I INSTALL IS ARABIC WORK FOR WEBSITES AND KEYBOARD?
    THANKS FOR YOUR HELP