Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 750
Like Tree119Likes
  1. gastr's Avatar
    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    #541  
    Quote Originally Posted by samwail73 View Post
    i have hp touchpad 15 G
    i need arabic
    this is how i got arabic to work:

    * install PreWare and Internalz Pro (a file manager)
    * get the file /usr/share/fonts/Heis_nb.ttf onto your PC (either use Internalz Pro to copy it to /media/internal and then mount it on your PC, or use Internalz Pro to email it to yourself)
    * use Font Forge to copy all characters from the Heis_nb.ttf font over top of another font that has working arabic (and i also did hebrew) characters. all the characters that the webos font supports will be preserved, and all the ones it doesn't have will not be overwritten and hence will come from the other font.
    * rename this file as Heis_nb.ttf and copy it back to your touchpad into the /usr/share/fonts. MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!!

    this worked for me to get arabic and hebrew characters working in the browser and in apps (i have a few apps i've written myself that use hebrew and arabic characters and it works nicely).

    it's a bit of a convoluted process. it would be faster if you could get a "fixed" Heis_nb.ttf file from somebody who has done this, but i think i would get in trouble on PreCentral if i were to publish the file in the forums.

    once you've "fixed" the font you can also use it on a Pre 3, by the way.
  2. #542  
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Okay Guys ...

    Here it is, finally ... Arabic Keyboard for the TouchPad webOS 3.0.4. I still have to go through the Extension set for Long Presses on each key, but most letters are there.

    WARNING:
    I still didn't finalize this, so please, use it carefully. Make sure you know what you are doing before even thinking about attempting this. and BACKUP ALL YOUR FILES BEFORE DOING ANYTHING.

    Credits:
    • Dmitry Silaev (Compvir) - For his more than nice guide on the parts of the Virtual Keyboard and the structure behind it.
    • Isaac Garzón (isagar2004) - For his marvelous patch for Regional Keys and changing Locales.
    • Anyone else I might have forgotten and/or not aware about that contributed to this.


    Steps:
    • Connect your TouchPad to the PC using the USB cable and open the WOSQI
    • From WOSQI, go to (Tools -> Linux Commandline)
    • execute the following command by copy and paste: "initctl stop LunaSysMgr"
    • Your TouchPad will hand now. It is fine.
    • In WOSQI, send over the LunaSysMgr to the following destination: "/usr/bin"
    • Back to the Linux Commandline, type the following command and execute it: "initctl start LunaSysMgr"
    • Finally, your TouchPad will do a Luna Restart.
    • Go to "Regional Settings" on the TouchPad
    • Click on Add Keyboard, and choose the layout which is mentioned on the download and choose any language.
    • Add another keyboard with layout "Qwerty" and Language "English"
    • Enjoy


    Sources:


    The layout name indicates that the Arabic keyboard is written over that layout. For example, QWERTY LunaSysMgr means that the Arabic keyboard replaces the QWERTY keyboard and you can still use QWERTZ and AZERTY. If you don't know what to choose, just go ahead with the AZERTY one.

    QWERTY LunaSysMgr: Click Here
    QWERTZ LunaSysMgr: Click Here
    AZERTY LunaSysMgr: Click Here

    The tool is very close to be finished. I will report about it later on.

    NOTE:
    There is a nasty bug in webOS 3.0.4, which prevents few characters from being displayed. In Arabic, the only characters affected are the Arabic numbers. I didn't change the numbers from the layout as the system will display an empty square instead. You can, however, do a long press on 1, for example, and you can see the first character in the extension list is an empty square. If you press it, then the TouchPad will type a perfect Arabic Number "١".

    Enjoy,
    Thanks a lot CvvB, your work is really greatly appreciated!

    I was confused at first, after I installed LunaSysMgr, I could only see "English" as a language option, "Arabic" was not there. I repeated the process but I got the same result. I thought that I did something wrong but then I realized that Arabic is really replacing "English" in the new layout even though the name says English. I'm just used to the old keyboard where it was more self explanatory. No complains, I just thought other people might get confused at first so maybe it is a good idea to emphasize in the post that "English" is really "Arabic". Don't expect to see the word "Arabic" as a language option.
    BTW, Does that has anything to do with locale.txt that was there on previous releases ?

    Another Thing: This replaces the keyboard with arrows, I remember you saying they should be able to co-exist , correct ? ....... or should I just read more on how to customize the keyboard to achieve that?

    Thanks Again!
  3. #543  
    Quote Originally Posted by gastr View Post
    this is how i got arabic to work:

    * install PreWare and Internalz Pro (a file manager)
    * get the file /usr/share/fonts/Heis_nb.ttf onto your PC (either use Internalz Pro to copy it to /media/internal and then mount it on your PC, or use Internalz Pro to email it to yourself)
    * use Font Forge to copy all characters from the Heis_nb.ttf font over top of another font that has working arabic (and i also did hebrew) characters. all the characters that the webos font supports will be preserved, and all the ones it doesn't have will not be overwritten and hence will come from the other font.
    * rename this file as Heis_nb.ttf and copy it back to your touchpad into the /usr/share/fonts. MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!!

    this worked for me to get arabic and hebrew characters working in the browser and in apps (i have a few apps i've written myself that use hebrew and arabic characters and it works nicely).

    it's a bit of a convoluted process. it would be faster if you could get a "fixed" Heis_nb.ttf file from somebody who has done this, but i think i would get in trouble on PreCentral if i were to publish the file in the forums.
    once you've "fixed" the font you can also use it on a Pre 3, by the way.
    Do you also have Hebrew and Arabic keyboards? I do , thanks to CvvB. I don"t think it's a problem to publish here, many do.
    Last edited by shneor; 12/05/2011 at 05:53 PM.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  4.    #544  
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar79 View Post
    Thanks a lot CvvB, your work is really greatly appreciated!

    I was confused at first, after I installed LunaSysMgr, I could only see "English" as a language option, "Arabic" was not there. I repeated the process but I got the same result. I thought that I did something wrong but then I realized that Arabic is really replacing "English" in the new layout even though the name says English. I'm just used to the old keyboard where it was more self explanatory. No complains, I just thought other people might get confused at first so maybe it is a good idea to emphasize in the post that "English" is really "Arabic". Don't expect to see the word "Arabic" as a language option.
    BTW, Does that has anything to do with locale.txt that was there on previous releases ?

    Another Thing: This replaces the keyboard with arrows, I remember you saying they should be able to co-exist , correct ? ....... or should I just read more on how to customize the keyboard to achieve that?

    Thanks Again!
    It is concerned with the locale.txt somehow ... HP changed the way they set the name of the languages. Previously, we could add languages by adding the language name and code in locale.txt! This behavior is changed and it is still under investigation as to how can we add languages. You could choose any other language as you have stated as the layout was changed totally.

    Yes, they should be able to co-exist. Open the arrow layout and change the hash code of the LunaSysMgr.

    Just unzip the layout you want to apply. Open the file "304.offsets.sh" with Notepad++ or any other editor that preserves UNIX formats. Change
    CHECKSUM="****"
    to be
    CHECKSUM="SHA1 SUM of the MODIFIED LunaSysMgr"

    Apply the layout again and then you should see new layout along with the Arabic layout.

    Quote Originally Posted by nabil71 View Post
    hi

    can any one help me ?

    i can not conect my hp tochpad to the labtop so i can not use the doctor but it is only charging !

    and when i tray to use HP App catalog it give me a message ( Unable to resolve host ) !

    any help ?
    What happened exactly? Can you explain what did you do and What is the status of the TouchPad right now?

    I need these pieces of information so I can assist you further.
  5. #545  
    Hi again CVVB I need only English and Arabic keyboard which file i must download from the 3 files?
    with thanks
  6. #546  
    Quote Originally Posted by addnaan View Post
    Hi again CVVB I need only English and Arabic keyboard which file i must download from the 3 files?
    with thanks
    You can go with the third one, AZERTY.
  7. #547  
    thanks jafar79
  8. #548  
    CvvB you are amazing! it works! thank you so much, now let's have you doing Windows phone 7.5 arabic keybaord, I'm greedy!
    CvvB likes this.
  9. #549  
    webOS 3.0.5 is just around the corner! started to be available for early access users for a round of testing. We might get it before the end of the month inshallah. This will bring fixes to several issues in 3.0.4. And Probably keep CvvB busy again!

    http://www.precentral.net/webos-3-0-5-bring-bug-fixes

    CvvB, HP is not giving you a break!
  10.    #550  
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar79 View Post
    webOS 3.0.5 is just around the corner! started to be available for early access users for a round of testing. We might get it before the end of the month inshallah. This will bring fixes to several issues in 3.0.4. And Probably keep CvvB busy again!

    http://www.precentral.net/webos-3-0-5-bring-bug-fixes

    CvvB, HP is not giving you a break!
    They gave me a break, however, it was too short ... LOL!

    Anyways, the Arabic Keyboard is fully automated. I am not worrying about that. However, the Arabization is a heavy manual work. But, I can finish that in 30~40 minutes.

    Thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by CvvB; 12/08/2011 at 03:26 PM.
    jafar79 likes this.
  11.    #551  
    First post updated.

    I have attached the patch for the messaging application. webOS 3.0.4 turned to have the same bug as webOS 3.0.2; I will update the patch in Preware so people can download it from Preware directly. Currently, it is available to download from the first post.

    Regards,
  12. #552  
    CvvB,

    I can't seem to be able to find hamza "ء" on my azerty keyboard, is it there somewhere, or is it really missing from the character set ?

    Thanks!
  13. #553  
    CvvB
    شكرا جزيلا لمجهودك الرائع انا الان اكتب هذه الرساله من الجهاز والكيبورد يعمل بشكل رائع

    thank you CvvB ,I installed the arabic keyboard and it works fantastic
    may GOD bless you and bless your work
  14.    #554  
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar79 View Post
    CvvB,

    I can't seem to be able to find hamza "ء" on my azerty keyboard, is it there somewhere, or is it really missing from the character set ?

    Thanks!
    It still not complete. I wanted to release the Keyboard as many people needed it. However, as the tool is complete now, we can only hope for the full Arabic layout to be released soon.



    Also, I would like to indicate that webOS 2.2.4 is released for the Palm Pre 2. I will try to add the Arabization to that and release ASAP. So much for the break, huh .
  15. #555  
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    It still not complete. I wanted to release the Keyboard as many people needed it. However, as the tool is complete now, we can only hope for the full Arabic layout to be released soon.



    Also, I would like to indicate that webOS 2.2.4 is released for the Palm Pre 2. I will try to add the Arabization to that and release ASAP. So much for the break, huh .
    Are you saying that people were so inpatient and wanted it no matter what?! I didn't notice that!

    It is good to see new releases coming, at least they are keeping the flow going.. for now! I told you they are not giving you a break.. lol.. but hopefully this will be always the case.. otherwise, our amazing devices would have an undetermined future!

    P.S. Completely unrelated question: How do you break down the quotation from a previous post?
  16.    #556  
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar79 View Post
    Are you saying that people were so inpatient and wanted it no matter what?! I didn't notice that!

    It is good to see new releases coming, at least they are keeping the flow going.. for now! I told you they are not giving you a break.. lol.. but hopefully this will be always the case.. otherwise, our amazing devices would have an undetermined future!

    P.S. Completely unrelated question: How do you break down the quotation from a previous post?
    True that .... They opened source it now. I guess HP didn't want to go full force into it and they didn't want to kill it. They easy way out is open source it. Hopefully, now I can integrate my work into webOS source code and Arabization should be done natively without any modifications.

    I usually do it manually. I copy as many as I need, then I delete the unneeded parts in each quot .. LOL. I am not aware of any intelligent way to do that.
    jafar79 likes this.
  17. #557  
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    True that .... They opened source it now. I guess HP didn't want to go full force into it and they didn't want to kill it. They easy way out is open source it. Hopefully, now I can integrate my work into webOS source code and Arabization should be done natively without any modifications.

    I usually do it manually. I copy as many as I need, then I delete the unneeded parts in each quot .. LOL. I am not aware of any intelligent way to do that.
    Open source! amazing! this is the best scenario I can think of.. I'm all for open source software and actively involved in some projects.
    WOW! you made my day! and I've just read the happy news online. Go webOS!
  18. amjz's Avatar
    Posts
    451 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #558  
    CvvB, Quick Q ... are you planning to release an Arabic Virtual Keyboard in the future for webOS 2.1 and above?

    i want to order a Veer, Pre 2 or Pre 3 but i really need a true arabic virtual keyboard
  19.    #559  
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    CvvB, Quick Q ... are you planning to release an Arabic Virtual Keyboard in the future for webOS 2.1 and above?

    i want to order a Veer, Pre 2 or Pre 3 but i really need a true arabic virtual keyboard
    سلام عليكم

    Yes, it is in the pipeline.

    Regards,
  20. amjz's Avatar
    Posts
    451 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #560  
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    سلام عليكم

    Yes, it is in the pipeline.

    Regards,
    وعليكم السلام ...
    this is great, best Regards

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions