Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 750
Like Tree119Likes
  1. #501  
    Hi CvvB,
    I know you have taken a great deal on yourself, and I'm sure time is short. However, you might be interested to look at this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ow-keys-4.html because it involves changes to the lunasysmgr and maybe other associated files in the same way as the Hebrew keypatch method. I suspect that if I were to apply these changes, my current 3-alphabet setup would no longer work (not to mention that the "En" key woule be gone). Nevertheless, if you could find the time to look at this, I think it might be helpful to many users.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  2. #502  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    Hi CvvB,
    I know you have taken a great deal on yourself, and I'm sure time is short. However, you might be interested to look at this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ow-keys-4.html because it involves changes to the lunasysmgr and maybe other associated files in the same way as the Hebrew keypatch method. I suspect that if I were to apply these changes, my current 3-alphabet setup would no longer work (not to mention that the "En" key woule be gone). Nevertheless, if you could find the time to look at this, I think it might be helpful to many users.
    shneor, thanks for bringing that up. I was looking at the link you provided and had the same thought as you do. Would be nice to have all of these customization. :-)
  3. #503  
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar79 View Post
    shneor, thanks for bringing that up. I was looking at the link you provided and had the same thought as you do. Would be nice to have all of these customization. :-)
    Here is the standard method, in post #319:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...rrow-keys.html
    This allows for multiple keyboards using different alphabets with a standard installation method, including a Farsi keyboard. Unfortunately for me, both the Farsi and Hebrew keyboards are set to use the same (azerty) layout.
    In any case, I'm still on 3.0.2 and I don't plan to upgrade until the problems with 3.0.4 are fixed.
    Last edited by shneor; 11/18/2011 at 02:23 PM.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  4. #504  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    Here is the standard method, in post #319:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...rrow-keys.html
    This allows for multiple keyboards using different alphabets with a standard installation method, including a Farsi keyboard. Unfortunately for me, both the Farsi and Hebrew keyboards are set to use the same (azerty) layout.
    In any case, I'm still on 3.0.2 and I don't plan to upgrade until the problems with 3.0.4 are fixed.
    I upgraded to 3.0.4 then wen back to 3.0.2 until Arabic came for 4. I upgraded again. I have to say, I miss the Arabic Keyboard. Virtual keyboards are amazing when it comes to customization and language localization. Unlike a hardware keyboard, you can switch to any language you want, very convenient and useful! can't wait to see the Arabic keyboard for 3.0.4. wish I can spare some time for webOS development. I did some for Android. I will dive in WebOS once I finish some more immediate concerns (school).

    BTW.. Are you referring to 3.0.4 problems ? or 3.0.4 custom keyboard ?
  5. #505  
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar79 View Post
    I upgraded to 3.0.4 then wen back to 3.0.2 until Arabic came for 4. I upgraded again. I have to say, I miss the Arabic Keyboard. Virtual keyboards are amazing when it comes to customization and language localization. Unlike a hardware keyboard, you can switch to any language you want, very convenient and useful! can't wait to see the Arabic keyboard for 3.0.4. wish I can spare some time for webOS development. I did some for Android. I will dive in WebOS once I finish some more immediate concerns (school).

    BTW.. Are you referring to 3.0.4 problems ? or 3.0.4 custom keyboard ?
    I have seen numerous problems reported with 3.0.4, and I use all the keyboards (Arabic for class). So I'm waiting.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  6.    #506  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    Hi CvvB,
    I know you have taken a great deal on yourself, and I'm sure time is short. However, you might be interested to look at this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ow-keys-4.html because it involves changes to the lunasysmgr and maybe other associated files in the same way as the Hebrew keypatch method. I suspect that if I were to apply these changes, my current 3-alphabet setup would no longer work (not to mention that the "En" key woule be gone). Nevertheless, if you could find the time to look at this, I think it might be helpful to many users.
    It feels like I am back from the dead .

    This is exactly the same as the Hebrew modification I instructed you to do. This is based off the work of the original guys. Therefore, to apply this to your LunaSysMgr all you have to do is to update the MD5 sums.

    Quote Originally Posted by jafar79 View Post
    shneor, thanks for bringing that up. I was looking at the link you provided and had the same thought as you do. Would be nice to have all of these customization. :-)
    Hopefully, by using my GUI tool, you can apply the modification and see them on your screen. Stay tuned.

    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    I have seen numerous problems reported with 3.0.4, and I use all the keyboards (Arabic for class). So I'm waiting.
    Soon, insh'Allah. I was switching jobs; therefore, you know, moving and finding places ... Just merely finished, though. I will be able to kick the work off soon.
  7. #507  
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    It feels like I am back from the dead .

    This is exactly the same as the Hebrew modification I instructed you to do. This is based off the work of the original guys. Therefore, to apply this to your LunaSysMgr all you have to do is to update the MD5 sums.



    Hopefully, by using my GUI tool, you can apply the modification and see them on your screen. Stay tuned.



    Soon, insh'Allah. I was switching jobs; therefore, you know, moving and finding places ... Just merely finished, though. I will be able to kick the work off soon.
    I understand that 3.0.5 is on the way and we will most likely see it before year's end. (see this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ming-soon.html ). I mention this as it may be worth waiting before making changes at this time.

    How would I derive the new MDS sum? It seems that you are saying that I could apply the arrow keys keypatch file and change the MDS sum, and that everything else would continue to work correctly. But the patch also removed the key used to switch between keyboards, according the photos of the new virtual keyboard with arrow keys. Thanks again, and hope you enjoy your new job and home.
    Last edited by shneor; 11/20/2011 at 03:32 PM.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  8.    #508  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    I understand that 3.0.5 is on the way and we will most likely see it before year's end. (see this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ming-soon.html ). I mention this as it may be worth waiting before making changes at this time.

    How would I derive the new MDS sum? It seems that you are saying that I could apply the arrow keys keypatch file and change the MDS sum, and that everything else would continue to work correctly. But the patch also removed the key used to switch between keyboards, according the photos of the new virtual keyboard with arrow keys. Thanks again, and hope you enjoy your new job and home.
    Thanks for the sincere wishes .

    No, the patch does not remove the key that switches between the keyboards. The screenshot was taken on some device that doesn't have more then one keyboard enabled. Remember that to show that button, you need to add another keyboard as instructed by me before on the "Arabic Keyboard for webOS 3.0.2".

    Download the LunaSysMgr on your device and use a program called "HashMyFiles" to show the SHA1 sums -Sorry, made a mistake. It is not the MD5 sums, it turned to be the SHA1 sums-. Replace this sum in the 302.offset.sh!

    Make it:
    CHECKSUM="*New sum goes here!*"
  9. #509  
    HOW TO Enable Arabic in hp touchpad
  10. #510  
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  11. #511  
    no work
  12. #512  
    Quote Originally Posted by samwail73 View Post
    no work
    Worked for me and many others.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  13. #513  
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    You basically have consumed most of the space that is allocated to the operating system. I could tell you that you would have to doctor your Pre+ then reinstall the Arabization, but I would love to give it a try before defaulting to that. The problem is that you need to be a bit experienced in Linux so you can navigate around and can spot useless files so you can free some space.

    NOTICE: The space described above have nothing to do with the Pre+'s 16GB. This space is specific to the OS.

    Regards,
    ok, thank you for your help. I'll try the doctoring option.

    thnx again.
  14. #514  
    I know this is off-topic, but it's worth checking out the (free) Arabic TV app in the HP catalog. You can stream about 30 channels in Arabic.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  15. amjz's Avatar
    Posts
    451 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #515  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    I know this is off-topic, but it's worth checking out the (free) Arabic TV app in the HP catalog. You can stream about 30 channels in Arabic.
    shneor, i cant find this app in apps catalog!
    im using Palm Pre Plus 1.4.5 .. is it a webOS 2.1.0 only?
  16. #516  
    Hi CVVB thanks for your efforts, really appreciated, but we are really waiting for the arabic keyboard, I hope you can do it ASAP, you can make at least version one, then you can make it more advance.

    Thanks again
  17.    #517  
    Quote Originally Posted by rahmani10 View Post
    Hi CVVB thanks for your efforts, really appreciated, but we are really waiting for the arabic keyboard, I hope you can do it ASAP, you can make at least version one, then you can make it more advance.

    Thanks again
    It will be ready by Sunday afternoon. I just settled down in my new job couple of days ago. I will resume working tomorrow and, hopefully, by Sunday afternoon it should be done.
  18. #518  
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    shneor, i cant find this app in apps catalog!
    im using Palm Pre Plus 1.4.5 .. is it a webOS 2.1.0 only?
    I believe it is Touchpad only. Sorry.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  19. #519  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    I know this is off-topic, but it's worth checking out the (free) Arabic TV app in the HP catalog. You can stream about 30 channels in Arabic.
    Thanks shneor, worth having @ 99 cents! :-)
  20. #520  
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    It will be ready by Sunday afternoon. I just settled down in my new job couple of days ago. I will resume working tomorrow and, hopefully, by Sunday afternoon it should be done.
    Good Luck in the new place/job! and thank you in advance for your effort!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions