Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Which version did you use? and is it working or not?
    I used the ATT 2.3.3 file after using a program called md5 check to confirm the md5 of my libWebKitLuna.so file... It's working wonderfully.
    Thank you so much CvvB.
    dear CvvB
    I upgraded to Webos 3.0.4 but I lost the Arabic reading. I can see Arabic characters but cannot read the sentences. Regards.
  3.    #463  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nassibr View Post
    dear CvvB
    I upgraded to Webos 3.0.4 but I lost the Arabic reading. I can see Arabic characters but cannot read the sentences. Regards.
    I hope you mean that you cannot see Arabic rendered correctly ; reading them is something else ...

If so, then apply the new Arabization files for webOS 3.0.4 found in the first page.
    jafar79 likes this.
    brother CvvB
    would you please update us about the arabic keyboard for 3.0.4 ?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    CvvB, i found how to edit the Virtual Keyboard for webOS 1.4.5 and i made an Arabic Keyboard Theme for it, it works and Send sms/email/web in readable way with no problem at all except that text wrote in Memo not connected but that dosnt matter at all as i dont need to write arabic in Memo app.

Attached Images Attached Images
    CvvB and zen2000 like this.
    CvvB ... I just realized after updating to 3.0.4 and applying the new arabization from the first page that there are some Arabic pages will keep reloading while browsing!! For example, go to youm7.com then click on the sport news?.. Not sure if its happening with everyone or not ..... Just try it and let me know... Let me know if you want me to get you any logs from my device. Thanks
  7.    #467  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS_Ibra View Post
    CvvB ... I just realized after updating to 3.0.4 and applying the new arabization from the first page that there are some Arabic pages will keep reloading while browsing!! For example, go to youm7.com then click on the sport news?.. Not sure if its happening with everyone or not ..... Just try it and let me know... Let me know if you want me to get you any logs from my device. Thanks
    I just have done it and it is working fine.

Can you get me something?
    Go to "/var/log/rdxd/pending" you will see many files like "rdxd_log_##.tgz"

Downlod the log with the highest number, which mean it is the latest, and send it to me through PM.
    HELOO CVVB
    any news about arabic keyboaed for tp 3.0.4??
    WITH THANKS
  9.    #469  
    Quote Originally Posted by addnaan View Post
    HELOO CVVB
    any news about arabic keyboaed for tp 3.0.4??
    WITH THANKS
    Still under-development. I am trying to finalize the tool with it, so everyone can customize thier own layout ...
    Still under-development. I am trying to finalize the tool with it, so everyone can customize thier own layout ...
    Thanks in advance CvvB ... Keep up the good work. BTW, do you collect any donations to support this? I'm sure there are people out there who are willing to help. :-)
    dear CvvB
    dear CvvB/, the Arabic rendering problem was resolved by downloading the Luna file of the webOS 3.0.4 thanks a lot for your excellent assistance and guidance.
    Dear CvvB,
    I saw an article about installing Android on the HP touchpad. Do you advice us to install it now or should we wait for a further notice. We will be glad to see your way for installing Android once available. Kindest regards.
    Dear CvvB,
    I saw an article about installing Android on the HP touchpad. Do you advice us to install it now or should we wait for a further notice. We will be glad to see your way for installing Android once available. Kindest regards.
    Just installed android ( alpha 2) on my touch pad and runs like a charm( fully compatible with Arabic) and you have the option to run Android or web OS.

Follow this instructions:

liliputing.com/2011/10/how-to-install-google-android-on-the-hp-touchpad-with-cyanogenmod7.html
    Nassibr likes this.
    I just have done it and it is working fine.

Can you get me something?
    Go to "/var/log/rdxd/pending" you will see many files like "rdxd_log_##.tgz"

Downlod the log with the highest number, which mean it is the latest, and send it to me through PM.
    I just installed Gemini file manager to get file, but found that there is no log folder under /var... Am I missing something?
  15.    #475  
    I just installed Gemini file manager to get file, but found that there is no log folder under /var... Am I missing something?
    Maybe it is the application. Try it from Linux Commandline ... It should work.
    Sorry to double post ...

I found out why the Arabic characters were not being shown in webOS 1.4.5 ...!

If you want to try it without my Arabization code, go to this offset on any Hex Editor 0x7A878 and change 0x06 to 0x07 ... By doing so, the simple trick of font changing will work with you and you can see Arabic Characters; however, as expected, these characters will not be connected ... Therefore, I patched the file so now it supports Full and Correct Arabic Shaping.

I have updated the first post with the patched libWebKitLuna.so for webOS 1.4.5 with full Arabic rendering support.

The font name is not the same as webOS 2.X and 3.X, the font should be renamed as "VL-PGothic-Regular.ttf" instead.

Screenshot of the Arabization running on my Palm Pre Plus with webOS 1.4.5 :

WARNING:
    As far as I know, Pixi is not using armv7; therefore, please, don't use the files for Pixi until I make sure that they are compatible or until I patch another version for the Palm Pixi.
    Salam:

I have Pre+ on QWERTZ keyboard. I doctored my Pre+ and installed "libWebKitLuna.so" flawlessly. But I keep getting an error message when I install the font whether "HeiS_nb.ttf" or "VL-PGothic-Regular.ttf"; below is the error message:
    ERROR 6: Connection reset by peer: socket write error.

Any help please!
  17.    #477  
    By the way, does it happen that you are using GSM AT&T TouchPad?

Quote Originally Posted by yashor View Post
    Salam:

I have Pre+ on QWERTZ keyboard. I doctored my Pre+ and installed "libWebKitLuna.so" flawlessly. But I keep getting an error message when I install the font whether "HeiS_nb.ttf" or "VL-PGothic-Regular.ttf"; below is the error message:
    ERROR 6: Connection reset by peer: socket write error.

Any help please!
    It could be a space issue ...

Try it again and see if you can extract some logs for me to look at.
    hello cvvb..happy eid to u and your family
    any news about arabic keyboard for touchpad ver. 3.0.4
    Quote Originally Posted by DZMCO View Post
    Just installed android ( alpha 2) on my touch pad and runs like a charm( fully compatible with Arabic) and you have the option to run Android or web OS.

Follow this instructions:

liliputing.com/2011/10/how-to-install-google-android-on-the-hp-touchpad-with-cyanogenmod7.html
    Dear friends
    i installed android alpha 2 also. I do not know why i didn't do so before! It's really far easier than what you can imagine. Just follow the link given by DZMCO and you'll be done.

With android: Arabic is native and works out of the box.

Good luck.

تحياتي للجميع وعيد سعيد
    Quote Originally Posted by sshadid View Post
    Dear friends
    i installed android alpha 2 also. I do not know why i didn't do so before! It's really far easier than what you can imagine. Just follow the link given by DZMCO and you'll be done.

With android: Arabic is native and works out of the box.

Good luck.

تحياتي للجميع وعيد سعيد
    i have webos ver. 3.0.4? can i install android?
    which ver. u have?