Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes
  1.    #441  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmed.altaay93 View Post
    Then, you cannot use the Arabic Keyboard for the time-being ...
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Then, you cannot use the Arabic Keyboard for the time-being ...
    CvvB .. Please tolerate our greed. Is the keyboard for 3.0.4 coming soon ?
    jafar79 likes this.
  3.    #443  
    Quote Originally Posted by mndbens View Post
    CvvB .. Please tolerate our greed. Is the keyboard for 3.0.4 coming soon ?
    This weekend! I just finished the Virtual Keyboard which was on top of the Keyboard in my list ... Now, I am working on Arabization for the Pre3 and the Keyboard for 3.0.4
    jafar79 likes this.
    This weekend! I just finished the Virtual Keyboard which was on top of the Keyboard in my list ... Now, I am working on Arabization for the Pre3 and the Keyboard for 3.0.4
    Arabic and Hebrew keyboards!!!
    is there a way to get both virtual keyboard on my Touchpad?
    I managed to add the Arabic keyboard on Touchpad, but after adding the Hebrew keyboard the Arabic one just disappear. Maybe that because of the (LunaSysMgr) file, it should be modified for both of the keyboards.
    Any suggestion?
    please advise!
  5.    #445  
    Quote Originally Posted by tamear View Post
    Arabic and Hebrew keyboards!!!
    is there a way to get both virtual keyboard on my Touchpad?
    I managed to add the Arabic keyboard on Touchpad, but after adding the Hebrew keyboard the Arabic one just disappear. Maybe that because of the (LunaSysMgr) file, it should be modified for both of the keyboards.
    Any suggestion?
    please advise!
    There is another release in this post where I map the Arabic layout to QWERTZ and you can apply the Hebrew one to AZERTY.

This apply only for webOS 3.0.2 ... 3.0.4 is pending as of now!
    There is another release in this post where I map the Arabic layout to QWERTZ and you can apply the Hebrew one to AZERTY.

This apply only for webOS 3.0.2 ... 3.0.4 is pending as of now!
    I'm still on 3.02, and I have both the Arabic and Hebrew keyboards. They work flawlessly, thanks to CvvB. I do have a bit of a strange issue, in the Englixh keyboard, I don't a capital "P" sometimes, although the lower-case is fine. I'm not planning to upgrade to 3.04 at this time, I'm waiting for the next release which will hopefully fix all the problems created by 3.04.

OT: I'm looking for an astronomy forum in Arabic.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  7.    #447  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    I'm still on 3.02, and I have both the Arabic and Hebrew keyboards. They work flawlessly, thanks to CvvB. I do have a bit of a strange issue, in the Englixh keyboard, I don't a capital "P" sometimes, although the lower-case is fine. I'm not planning to upgrade to 3.04 at this time, I'm waiting for the next release which will hopefully fix all the problems created by 3.04.

Wierd, it could be a buggy Keyboard as it happened with some other people before. If you have the time, try installing all of this all over again.

@Astronomy forums:
    You can try this it looks good and active. I didn't really have seen deep discussion but it touches parts of the science.
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post

CVVB
    I am thinking of installing Android on my touch pad and have the dual boot option, you think that would affect my ability to read arabic or add arabic keyboard( in the future) in web0s?
    Thank you for your help.
    i am a new member here i ask you to help me...is your 3.0.4 keyboard update works on touchpad or it is only for mobiles ?
    i have received my hp touchpad and i update it to 3.0.4 and i realy need the arabic language on it. i have read your instructins to add the arabic language to the touchpad, could you help me please ?
  11.    #451  
    Quote Originally Posted by DZMCO View Post
    CVVB
    I am thinking of installing Android on my touch pad and have the dual boot option, you think that would affect my ability to read arabic or add arabic keyboard( in the future) in web0s?
    Thank you for your help.
    Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dr-hassan View Post
    i am a new member here i ask you to help me...is your 3.0.4 keyboard update works on touchpad or it is only for mobiles ?
    Welcome to the forums ...

webOS was never released to phones actually. Also, I have not released any Arabic Keyboard for webOS 3.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by dr-hassan View Post
    i have received my hp touchpad and i update it to 3.0.4 and i realy need the arabic language on it. i have read your instructins to add the arabic language to the touchpad, could you help me please ?
    Revise the first post and from there you can download the file suitable for your version, which is webOS 3.0.4 ... Then, follow the guide posted.
    my hp touchpad is reading arabic now i dont know how could i thank you...TANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH....i wish if you can help me with arabic keyboard also to write arabic on it too....and again thank you very much
    thnaks alot CVVB FOR MAKE TOUCHPAD AMAZING WITH ARABIC U R GREAT
    WAITNG FOR ARABIC KEYBOARD WITH INSTRACTION FOR HOW INSALL WE NEED GUIDE FOR INSTALL KEYBOARD
    THANKS ALOT
    WISH TO U ALL HAPPIENS AND HEALTH
    baskalito likes this.
    Salam CvvB,

I'm getting a Bluetooth keyboard to be used mainly for development purposes on Ubuntu on my TouchPad, Are you aware of any issues or conflicts between it and the virtual Arabitized keyboard ?

On another matter, have you tried to make efforts to streamline the Arabitization process for both font support and keyboard to be done through apps through the App Catalog or Preware ? I'm sure the less technical this is the more people would be using it, and more comfortably doing it. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help in such thing.

Thank you for your hard work!
    Sorry to double post.

I have just finished and tested the Arabization for webOS 3.0.4 ... Go grab it while it's hot!

I have also released r3 of the v0.9 for Enoy devices. I am working at the moment on the Pre3's version, mainly 2.2.0 and 2.2.3!

In this subversion, I introduced a much enhanced hooking technique that will help in stabilizing the Arabization and performance. This might help in some of the issues with the Arabization input in some cases.

Regards,
    CvvB,
    Is the WebOS quick install mentioned in your guide fin the first post are for touchpad? I see it is talking about the pre. I am looking for instructions for the touchpad 3.0.4
    Last edited by hkortam; 10/28/2011 at 12:01 PM. Reason: add more
    I'm using webOSQI version 4.3.1 found at this link:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v4-3-1-a.html

It works great with my TouchPad. When you grab the files from the first page of this thread, make sure to get the ones specific to webOS 3.0.4, be aware that there is no Arabic keyboard for 3.0.4 yet! But there is a big chance we see one in a day or two here
  17.    #457  
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar79 View Post
    Salam CvvB,

I'm getting a Bluetooth keyboard to be used mainly for development purposes on Ubuntu on my TouchPad, Are you aware of any issues or conflicts between it and the virtual Arabitized keyboard ?

On another matter, have you tried to make efforts to streamline the Arabitization process for both font support and keyboard to be done through apps through the App Catalog or Preware ? I'm sure the less technical this is the more people would be using it, and more comfortably doing it. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help in such thing.

Thank you for your hard work!
    Wa Alikum Alsalam,

I don't think that would affect anything. Bluetooth Keyboard is dealt with as a physical keyboard in webOS; therefore, there should be no problems.

Bundling my Arabization into a single ipkg is a big hassel. Not to mention that I would be including a modified libWebKitLuna.so, which I am not sure whether it is allowed or not. Even if it was allowed, it will pump the Arabization size way too much. I could also consider automating the whole patching process; however, I decided to release the Arabization as a fully patched ".so" file as the patching process is way too complicated to be put into a script.

I could consider either options sometime in the future, though.

Quote Originally Posted by hkortam View Post
    CvvB,
    Is the WebOS quick install mentioned in your guide fin the first post are for touchpad? I see it is talking about the pre. I am looking for instructions for the touchpad 3.0.4
    The Arabization started with the Pre; however, currently almost all versions of webOS are supported and you can download the appropriate file for you. The Arabization Guide should generic.

Quote Originally Posted by jafar79 View Post
    I'm using webOSQI version 4.3.1 found at this link:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v4-3-1-a.html

It works great with my TouchPad. When you grab the files from the first page of this thread, make sure to get the ones specific to webOS 3.0.4, be aware that there is no Arabic keyboard for 3.0.4 yet! But there is a big chance we see one in a day or two here
    I just finished the Pre3 Arabization and I was busy before that with the VKB on the webOS's phones ... I am hoping that HP won't release another webOS version so I can concentrate on finalizing the Keyboard Layout Editor and releasing it with the Arabic Layout for webOS 3.0.4! ... I was busy with the Pre3 versions that I couldn't finish the keyboard ...

Off to sleep, continue this tomorrow!

Regards,
  18.    #458  
    Sorry to double post ...

First post updated. I am sorry for the belated update, but I finally got the chance to finish Pre3 versions. webOS 2.2.0 got the v0.9r3 update and you can update your Arabization to this version, which will enhance the Arabic text entry handling.

Also, good news for Verizon and AT&T phone users, I released the Arabization for both specific webOS versions. For some reason, the hash for both versions dffere although the addresses that I have noticed during patching are identical. Nonetheless, I have patched them and the Arabization should be working fine.

I have not tested these on a real device, as I don't have any Pre3. I was extra careful during the making of these patched libWebKitLuna.so; therefore, I would appreciate a little feedbak whether it is working fine or not.

Some people were using webOS 2.2.0 on their 2.2.3, you, guys, can upgrade to your specific files to be on the safe side.

The new version, as mentioned before, is a performance enhancement through the use of a new hooking technique. It is, also, foreseen as a possible fix for some problems with Arabization input on the Enoy specific devices.

Regards,
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Dear CvvB, I installed skype on my ATT pre 3 by replacing the att.tar file in webos doctor with the file from 2.2.0
    now I have some files of 2.2.0 european build on my phone and some of 2.2.3 ATT.
    Please let me know how I can see which file from first post I should use... If you tell me which file to check, I can check it myself, or send it to you.
    Thanks.

[EDIT] ... lol figured it out. Thanks alot CvvB for your work.
    Last edited by amcolian; 10/29/2011 at 12:13 AM.
  20.    #460  
    Quote Originally Posted by amcolian View Post
    Dear CvvB, I installed skype on my ATT pre 3 by replacing the att.tar file in webos doctor with the file from 2.2.0
    now I have some files of 2.2.0 european build on my phone and some of 2.2.3 ATT.
    Please let me know how I can see which file from first post I should use... If you tell me which file to check, I can check it myself, or send it to you.
    Thanks.

[EDIT] ... lol figured it out. Thanks alot CvvB for your work.
    Which version did you use? and is it working or not?