Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 750
Like Tree119Likes
  1. amjz's Avatar
    Posts
    451 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #421  
    Guys with WebOS 3.0.4 you can use the Connected Arabic Font found here
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...ow-arabic.html

    and you will be able to read Arabic untill CvvB fix the Arabization for WebOS 3.0.4
  2.    #422  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    I'm trying to outline a reasonable procedure for upgrading to 3.04. I have Arabic and Hebrew keyboards installed, largely thanks to CvvB.

    I have my original 3.02 libwebkitluna.so file (backed up per instructions). So before I upgrade, I will replace my existing libwebkitlluna.so. I will also revert to my original 302.offsets.sh file (both modified so that I can have both Arabic and Hebrew keyboards).
    Then, I will use the Preware Emergency Patch Remover to back out the patches. I won't remove apps, however.
    Now, it should be time to upgrade. After the upgrade, a device restart, apply patches as they become available, and install new files for keyboards (I will need a new checksum for 302.offsets.sh) and possibly for display.

    If there are any other files that could cause problems that anyone knows of, please post. Any comments/critiques appreciated.

    Thx.
    You can directly restore the original LunaSysMgr and this will remove both the keyboards. However, I don't think you have to remove any of the keyboard layouts ... because the update will overwrite it. But, you can do it to be on the safe side.

    Quote Originally Posted by amcolian View Post
    Dear CvvB, eagerly awaiting your arabizations for Pre 3 2.2.3 and Touchpad 3.0.4
    Thank you for all the efforts you put in during your off time...
    It's wonderful to see people like you doing so much for others (as well as themselves)
    I actually forgot everything about the webOS 2.2.3 ... I will do it with the webOS 2.2.0 for the r3 subversion of the v0.9 Arabization.

    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    Guys with WebOS 3.0.4 you can use the Connected Arabic Font found here
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...ow-arabic.html

    and you will be able to read Arabic untill CvvB fix the Arabization for WebOS 3.0.4
    I just finished it, though .
  3.    #423  
    Sorry to double post.

    I have just finished and tested the Arabization for webOS 3.0.4 ... Go grab it while it's hot!

    I have also released r3 of the v0.9 for Enoy devices. I am working at the moment on the Pre3's version, mainly 2.2.0 and 2.2.3!

    In this subversion, I introduced a much enhanced hooking technique that will help in stabilizing the Arabization and performance. This might help in some of the issues with the Arabization input in some cases.

    Regards,
    Last edited by CvvB; 10/21/2011 at 11:52 AM.
    jafar79 and ashraf7777 like this.
  4. amjz's Avatar
    Posts
    451 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #424  
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post



    I just finished it, though .
  5. amcolian's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #425  
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    I actually forgot everything about the webOS 2.2.3 ... I will do it with the webOS 2.2.0 for the r3 subversion of the v0.9 Arabization.

    While we are on the topic, how can I type on my Pre 3 in Arabic?

    [EDIT] Just read the post where you say it's a WIP...
    and sorry but will we need a new arabic messaging patch for the touchpad?
  6. amcolian's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #426  
    BTW, I tried to install the Arabic keyboard and now I'm stuck on hp logo... should I have waited for a new LunaSysMgr file?
    Also can someone send me LunaSysMgr and locale.txt files from 3.0.4 please...
    Sent from my Dell Streak
  7.    #427  
    Quote Originally Posted by amcolian View Post
    BTW, I tried to install the Arabic keyboard and now I'm stuck on hp logo... should I have waited for a new LunaSysMgr file?
    Also can someone send me LunaSysMgr and locale.txt files from 3.0.4 please...
    Sent from my Dell Streak
    You have to be extra careful in this. Don't send any file unless it was designated for the concerned version.

    You can download the webOS doctor from this wiki entry. Then, open it with WinRAR or any archieving program. Follow this path:
    webOSDoctor -> resources -> webOS -> nova-cust-image-topaz.rootfs.tar.gz

    By then, you can see all the files inside webOS ... Navigate inside the "nova-cust-image-topaz.rootfs.tar.gz" to usr -> bin ... There you can retrieve all the files mentioned.

    If I had the time later, I would upload the original LunaSysMgr for webOS 3.0.4 ...

    Here you go ... Original LunaSysMgr for webOS 3.0.4

    Next time, remember, ALWAYS BACKUP THE FILE BEFORE OVERWRITING IT WITH THE PATCHED FILES FOR ARABIZATION.
  8. amcolian's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #428  
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    You have to be extra careful in this. Don't send any file unless it was designated for the concerned version.

    Next time, remember, ALWAYS BACKUP THE FILE BEFORE OVERWRITING IT WITH THE PATCHED FILES FOR ARABIZATION.
    I know sir... Still new to webOS... Been having alot of fun with android and windows before... Didn't really enjoy iOS... But in this particular case, even if I had a backup, I couldn't restore it... Just had to webosdoctor back to 3.0.4 stock

    [EDIT]BTW, any updates on the 2.2.3 for the Pre 3?
  9. #429  
    hi guys , i updated to 3.0.4 , is there any update for the Arabic Keyboard ?
    +
    the new software shows arabic characters but they are NOT connected to each other , is there any solution ?

    thanks in advance
  10. #430  
    Thanks CvvB for the update. It's working great!
  11. #431  
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Sorry to double post.

    I have just finished and tested the Arabization for webOS 3.0.4 ... Go grab it while it's hot!

    I have also release r3 of the v0.9 for Enoy devices. I am working at the moment on the Pre3's version, mainly 2.2.0 and 2.2.3!

    In this subversion, I introduced a much enhanced hooking technique that will help in stabilizing the Arabization and performance. This might help in some of the issues with the Arabization input in some cases.

    Regards,
    really CvvB you are Genius ,I just finished installations of the updated arabization of the update 3.0.4 and it works great back to surfing Arabic web sites without any problems.
    God bless you.
    shokran gazelan. Looking forward writing it in Arabic from my touchpad after you guide us in how to install Arabic keyboard for touchpad
    thank you guys and all the member of this thread for their great effort
    jafar79 likes this.
  12. #432  
    Quote Originally Posted by karamayoub_2010 View Post
    hi guys , i updated to 3.0.4 , is there any update for the Arabic Keyboard ?
    +
    the new software shows arabic characters but they are NOT connected to each other , is there any solution ?

    thanks in advance
    Karam, If you followed the instructions exactly you should have correct Arabic support with the letters connected. If that is not the case then you should have missed something. You should know also that after upgrading to 3.0.4 you have to redo the steps with the the files specific to 3.0.4.

    They keyboard is not here yet for 3.0.4. but with efforts from great guys like CvvB, we should have one soon!
    baskalito likes this.
  13. #433  
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar79 View Post
    Karam, If you followed the instructions exactly you should have correct Arabic support with the letters connected. If that is not the case then you should have missed something. You should know also that after upgrading to 3.0.4 you have to redo the steps with the the files specific to 3.0.4.

    They keyboard is not here yet for 3.0.4. but with efforts from great guys like CvvB, we should have one soon!

    THANKs , i though that it should remain the same . now it works very well , thank you : )
    waiting for the arabic keyboard update : )
    baskalito likes this.
  14. #434  
    I've got into the train with all of those who upgraded to 3.0.4 and got the Arabic support with no problem whatsoever! The more interesting thing is that I didn't uninstall/remove any software/files before the upgrade, including the old Arabic-supported files. preware, tweaks, Ubuntu 11.04 and all of its supporting software including Xecutah and XServer.

    After the upgrade everything worked exactly as it is supposed to, only thing I had to do is to throw in the new .so file in /usr/lib!

    Very Cool! Thanks a lot CvvB, and thanks HP for such a great, customizable and easy to work with OS! Few days in webOS land and I fell in love with this OS, and I thought I will be replacing it with Andriod... NEVER!
  15. #435  
    I can't see the link to the updated arabitization file for 3.0.4 .. Help please
    Last edited by mndbens; 10/21/2011 at 09:44 PM.
  16. #436  
    sorry guys, but where is الهمزه على السطر in the arabic keyboard?
  17. #437  
    Quote Originally Posted by mndbens View Post
    I can't see the link to the updated arabitization file for 3.0.4 .. Help please
    Go to the top or end of this page and find the link to take you to the first page of this thread. It has all versions with instruction how to setup.
  18. #438  
    on comment #247


    my hp touchpad stopped working after doing this(u can see on comment #247).. after doing luma restart is stuck on "hp symbol" and i can't do anything? is there any fix?

    *btw i have backup and i know how to backup but i need arabic keyboard ?
    plz help
    Last edited by ahmed.altaay93; 10/22/2011 at 02:41 PM.
  19. #439  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmed.altaay93 View Post
    on comment #247


    my hp touchpad stopped working after doing this(u can see on comment #247).. after doing luma restart is stuck on "hp symbol" and i can't do anything? is there any fix?

    *btw i have backup and i know how to backup but i need arabic keyboard ?
    plz help
    are you using 3.0.2 or the latest 3.0.4?
  20. #440  
    3.0.4

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions