Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes
    Thanks for doing this.. keep up the good work! now we are waiting for webOS 3.0.4 updates . I tried the 3.0.2 files but it didn't work. The TP keeps restarting which is something I expected because I didn't think the updated .so file in 3.0.4 will be the same as of that in 3.0.2.

BTW, I noticed that 3.0.4 recognized the arabic letters and doesn't simply show rectangles instead of letters, which suggests that there is kind of unicode support. But still, the letters are not connected. Hopefully we will find a fix here soon!

Thanks a lot!

Revised: After pushing 3.0.4 to my TP (new! no data to worry about ) through webOSDoctor I found that Arabic letters show up as squares just as they did in 3.0.2. It is like when I did update over the air, that didn't clear font data that was installed for 3.0.2. That is why I was able to see Arabic letters on 3.0.4 right after the HP update.

On another note, the old font file HeiS_nb.ttf that was released to work with 2.1 worked with 3.0.2 and also 3.0.4 on my side. I can read Arabic now but with the same problem mentioned earlier: the last letter in the word doesn't render correctly. I'm not sure if there are any side effect for using that old font file. I didn't see any.
    Last edited by jafar79; 10/19/2011 at 12:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar79 View Post
    Thanks for doing this.. keep up the good work! now we are waiting for webOS 3.0.4 updates . I tried the 3.0.2 files but it didn't work. The TP keeps restarting which is something I expected because I didn't think the updated .so file in 3.0.4 will not be the same as of that in 3.0.2.

BTW, I noticed that 3.0.4 recognized the arabic latters and doesn't simply show rectangles instead of letters, which suggests that there is kind of unicode support. But still, the letters are not connected. Hopefully we will find a fix here soon!

Thanks a lot!
    hey i did the same thing, and the touchpad restarts after entering any url into the browser. how do i fix that without factory reset?
  3.    #403  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    Hi CvvB.
    I am wondering if the mapping needs to be redone for 3.04? I have not upgraded, and won't (if I have a choice and it is not pushed to me) because I'd rather keep the Arabic and Hebrew keyboards. In the meantime, I am keeping wifi turned off.
    Thx,
    Shneor
    I am sure it has to be redone. I am downloading the webOS doctor this weekend to see what changes has been made. I will know by then. Even the Keyboard Layout Patch you got must be redone.

Thanks for doing this.. keep up the good work! now we are waiting for webOS 3.0.4 updates . I tried the 3.0.2 files but it didn't work. The TP keeps restarting which is something I expected because I didn't think the updated .so file in 3.0.4 will not be the same as of that in 3.0.2.

BTW, I noticed that 3.0.4 recognized the arabic latters and doesn't simply show rectangles instead of letters, which suggests that there is kind of unicode support. But still, the letters are not connected. Hopefully we will find a fix here soon!

Thanks a lot!
    I would expect that the TouchPad will show Arabic Letters after a font change. However, if the TouchPad shows Arabic Letters without the font change in webOS 3.0.4, then, allow me to say, HP is going in a really nice direction .
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodywashere View Post
    hey i did the same thing, and the touchpad restarts after entering any url into the browser. how do i fix that without factory reset?
    Before trying to upload the .so file to the touchpad I did backup the copy that came with 3.0.4, after failing to run I put the original back and it worked fine. If you don't have the 3.0.4 .so file I can ship you one.
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    I am sure it has to be redone. I am downloading the webOS doctor this weekend to see what changes has been made. I will know by then. Even the Keyboard Layout Patch you got must be redone.

I would expect that the TouchPad will show Arabic Letters after a font change. However, if the TouchPad shows Arabic Letters without the font change in webOS 3.0.4, then, allow me to say, HP is going in a really nice direction .
    This is my first encounter with webOS. I love it! I have some good background in CS, is there anything I can do to help ?

I revised my post up!
    I also tried the 3.0.2 file, and ran into problems.
    I managed to pull the original file from the 3.0.4 webosdoctor, and restoring it fixed the problem. Here's a link in case you need it:
    libWebKitLuna.so
    السلام عليكم
    CvvB, finally activated my Pre3 today. Am able to send and receive text messages بالعربي for the most part. The Arabization works great , I've been using my phonetic Arabic keyboard. The only problem I faced is when a text message is sent in Arabic to my Google voice number and then gets forwarded to my phone, the Arabic won't show up on my Pre3 even though it shows up on my Pre2... Any idea why this may be the case?
    on 2 Touchpads that I upgraded, both came back with Arabic letters showing but were not connected. Basically the fonts file that I transferred was not touched by the upgrade. however the libWebKitLuna.so was updated. This tells me that copying the 3.0.2 will NOT work.
    Last edited by digitalgeek; 10/19/2011 at 12:22 PM.
    Palm Pre2 + iPad2 + 2 x 32GB Touchpads
  9.    #409  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDueler View Post
    السلام عليكم
    CvvB, finally activated my Pre3 today. Am able to send and receive text messages بالعربي for the most part. The Arabization works great , I've been using my phonetic Arabic keyboard. The only problem I faced is when a text message is sent in Arabic to my Google voice number and then gets forwarded to my phone, the Arabic won't show up on my Pre3 even though it shows up on my Pre2... Any idea why this may be the case?
    There is another hooking technique for the Pre3 and the TouchPad that I will be releasing soon.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalgeek View Post
    on 2 Touchpads that I upgraded, both came back with Arabic letters showing but were not connected. Basically the fonts file that I transferred was not touched by the upgrade. however the libWebKitLuna.so was updated. This tells me that copying the 3.0.2 will may NOT work.
    Yup ... Pretty much.
    dear CvvB ,thank you for your great work,I had Tp 32 gb which I had updated today to 3.0.4,after update it keep on rebooting,I webOS doctor get backedup all apps,then trying to install Arabic font, the same problem happen again. I reinstall the lib file back again and no more rebooting. The current problem is that still the Arabic letters is not connected.
    please help me in this issue as it was working perfectly before that update,enjoying the Arabic web sites and the touchpad was very stable.
  11.    #411  
    Quote Originally Posted by baskalito View Post
    dear CvvB ,thank you for your great work,I had Tp 32 gb which I had updated today to 3.0.4,after update it keep on rebooting,I webOS doctor get backedup all apps,then trying to install Arabic font, the same problem happen again. I reinstall the lib file back again and no more rebooting. The current problem is that still the Arabic letters is not connected.
    please help me in this issue as it was working perfectly before that update,enjoying the Arabic web sites and the touchpad was very stable.
    I would kindly warn aginst trying a webOS-3.0.2 Arabization on a webOS 3.0.4!!?!?!

The versioning should be enough to warn the people from doing so!
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    I would kindly warn aginst trying a webOS-3.0.2 Arabization on a webOS 3.0.4!!?!?!

The versioning should be enough to warn the people from doing so!
    thank you CvvB for your reply I do confess that was my mistake to upgrade to 3.0.4 version although I was happy with the previous version and everything was going smooth.my enquirey is that are you going to release any update to the .so file that can go well as before ? Or any solution in your valued opinion can help?
    thank you CvvB for your reply I do confess that was my mistake to upgrade to 3.0.4 version although I was happy with the previous version and everything was going smooth.my enquirey is that are you going to release any update to the .so file that can go well as before ? Or any solution in your valued opinion can help?
    What I did is rolled back to 3.0.2. I'd rather have Arabic support for the time being even though there are some good things and fixes in 3.0.4. Hopefully 3.0.4 updated .so file will be coming soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDueler View Post
    I also tried the 3.0.2 file, and ran into problems.
    I managed to pull the original file from the 3.0.4 webosdoctor, and restoring it fixed the problem. Here's a link in case you need it:
    libWebKitLuna.so
    Hi,
    The link you posted does not appear to go the file, just to the Mediafire front page.
    Thx.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    What I did is rolled back to 3.0.2. I'd rather have Arabic support for the time being even though there are some good things and fixes in 3.0.4. Hopefully 3.0.4 updated .so file will be coming soon.
    thanks jafar79 ,I really want to do so to rollback to 3.0.2 till update is available for 3.0.4
    can you please guide me through the steps to do so,as when I webdoctor my device ,it automatically install the new update without prompting me to choose the Version
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    Hi,
    The link you posted does not appear to go the file, just to the Mediafire front page.
    Thx.
    Here is the 3.0.4 .so file .. I was not able to upload it as is or even after sipping it because there is a size limit on how much I put up. I found that the if the file is pdf I can upload up to 9.5 MBs. So what I did is I zipped the file and changed its extension from .zip to .pdf

What you have to do is download the .pdf file then rename so that it is libWebKitLuna.zip instead of libWebKitLuna.pdf. then extract and you should have the original file.

hope it will work

BTW, I have tried to download the file from DaDueler, It seems to have worked on my side
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jafar79; 10/19/2011 at 02:55 PM.
    thanks jafar79 ,I really want to do so to rollback to 3.0.2 till update is available for 3.0.4
    can you please guide me through the steps to do so,as when I webdoctor my device ,it automatically install the new update without prompting me to choose the Version
    baskalito, I'm still new to this forum and it is not allowing me to do simple things like posting a link! lol

Anyhow, from my short experience with webdoctor, there are different versions for each webOS release/version. what I did is that I got webdcotor for 3.0.2, connected the TP and and in after few clicks 3.0.2 was pushed to the device, after 10 minutes or so the TP worked nicely with 3.0.2.

Since I can't post links to point you to webdocotor 3.0.2, just google it "webdoctor 3.0.2" and the first link should take you to a wiki -like page with all webdoctor versions. download the correct version and you should be ready for the fun afterward
    CvvB likes this.
  18.    #418  
    baskalito, I'm still new to this forum and it is not allowing me to do simple things like posting a link! lol

Anyhow, from my short experience with webdoctor, there are different versions for each webOS release/version. what I did is that I got webdcotor for 3.0.2, connected the TP and and in after few clicks 3.0.2 was pushed to the device, after 10 minutes or so the TP worked nicely with 3.0.2.

Since I can't post links to point you to webdocotor 3.0.2, just google it "webdoctor 3.0.2" and the first link should take you to a wiki -like page with all webdoctor versions. download the correct version and you should be ready for the fun afterward
    What he said ...

And this is the linked he talked about.

The updated library is coming your way soon.
    jafar79 and nizarshanaah like this.
    I'm trying to outline a reasonable procedure for upgrading to 3.04. I have Arabic and Hebrew keyboards installed, largely thanks to CvvB.

I have my original 3.02 libwebkitluna.so file (backed up per instructions). So before I upgrade, I will replace my existing libwebkitlluna.so. I will also revert to my original 302.offsets.sh file (both modified so that I can have both Arabic and Hebrew keyboards).
    Then, I will use the Preware Emergency Patch Remover to back out the patches. I won't remove apps, however.
    Now, it should be time to upgrade. After the upgrade, a device restart, apply patches as they become available, and install new files for keyboards (I will need a new checksum for 302.offsets.sh) and possibly for display.

If there are any other files that could cause problems that anyone knows of, please post. Any comments/critiques appreciated.

Thx.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Dear CvvB, eagerly awaiting your arabizations for Pre 3 2.2.3 and Touchpad 3.0.4
    Thank you for all the efforts you put in during your off time...
    It's wonderful to see people like you doing so much for others (as well as themselves)