Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    CvvB, what happened to the Virtual Keyboard for WebOS 1.4.5 and 2.1.0 phones? Any progress?
  2.    #382  
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    CvvB, what happened to the Virtual Keyboard for WebOS 1.4.5 and 2.1.0 phones? Any progress?
    I just got the webOS 2.1.0 virtual keyboard stablized. There is another post about that. Now, you can activate the Virtual Keyboard on webOS 2.1.0 and use it without any crashes as before. The Luna will still crash if you try to use Landscape "under work".

Now, I am looking as of how would we add layouts and modify them.
    [QUOTE=CvvB;3209257]Ok, I finally had the time to do the Qwertz Arabic Keyboard. I just copied it manually. Therefore, it is the exact same one as the Azerty one but with the Arabic Keyboard mapped to to Qwertz./QUOTE]

This now works perfectly
    Merci beaucoup
    الف شكر
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    I just got the webOS 2.1.0 virtual keyboard stablized. There is another post about that. Now, you can activate the Virtual Keyboard on webOS 2.1.0 and use it without any crashes as before. The Luna will still crash if you try to use Landscape "under work".

Now, I am looking as of how would we add layouts and modify them.
    that's nice good work, it's not for WebOS 1.4.5 and only for WebOS 2.1.0 right?

I no longer use webos 2.1.0 on my Pre Plus, there is a bug in Device menu and and 2.1.0 makes my Pre Plus much hot and drain battery fast and hangs in sometimes for that I found WebOS 1.4.5 is best and fast and stable for Pre Plus.
    the Virtual Keyboard Patch found in Preware for 1.4.5 is stable and real I wish if you could add to it an arabic layout. Also it's operate by double clicking geasture area with ease
    I]Patching Messaging Application for webOS 3.0.2[/I]:
    • The Messaging Application for webOS 3.0.2 needs to be patched to behave correctly when handling Arabic text entry.
      Download the Patch: Attachment 61452

how i put this patch to my touchpad 3.0.2?
    with thanks
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by addnaan View Post
    • The Messaging Application for webOS 3.0.2 needs to be patched to behave correctly when handling Arabic text entry.

with thanks
    using WebOS Quick Install program, connect your touchpad to your PC using the usb cable, then open WebOS Quick Install program, then drag and drop the Patch into WebOS Quick Install window and finally press on Install icon and wait few seconds ...
    Ok, I finally had the time to do the Qwertz Arabic Keyboard. I just copied it manually. Therefore, it is the exact same one as the Azerty one but with the Arabic Keyboard mapped to to Qwertz.

Follow the same steps mentioned before, but, this time when you want to add Arabic keyboard choose QWERTZ instead.

LunaSysMgr - QWERTZ

@shneor
    Please, in the patch for the keyboard, open the file named "302.offsets.sh" and change the first line:
    FROM
    CHECKSUM="23a57d5b4b9406cc525a098717a4220b0f5dc1a6"
    TO
    CHECKSUM="9a3e901f159d4fd93e8a0c22a4a93afede674002"

This updates the patch to detect the modified LunaSysMgr as an unmodified 3.0.2 file.

Hi CvvB,
    Sorry to be such an *****, but I seem to have lost the location of the patch for the keyboard (not the LunaSysMgr file, I have that). Could you or someone refresh my memory? Also, this means that any other modifications to the file that change the checksum will result in a bad checksum if the expectation was for the checksum of the original file...
    Thx,
    Shneor
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  8.    #388  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    Ok, I finally had the time to do the Qwertz Arabic Keyboard. I just copied it manually. Therefore, it is the exact same one as the Azerty one but with the Arabic Keyboard mapped to to Qwertz.

Follow the same steps mentioned before, but, this time when you want to add Arabic keyboard choose QWERTZ instead.

LunaSysMgr - QWERTZ

@shneor
    Please, in the patch for the keyboard, open the file named "302.offsets.sh" and change the first line:
    FROM
    CHECKSUM="23a57d5b4b9406cc525a098717a4220b0f5dc1a6"
    TO
    CHECKSUM="9a3e901f159d4fd93e8a0c22a4a93afede674002"

This updates the patch to detect the modified LunaSysMgr as an unmodified 3.0.2 file.

Hi CvvB,
    Sorry to be such an *****, but I seem to have lost the location of the patch for the keyboard (not the LunaSysMgr file, I have that). Could you or someone refresh my memory? Also, this means that any other modifications to the file that change the checksum will result in a bad checksum if the expectation was for the checksum of the original file...
    Thx,
    Shneor
    I don't quite get you. If you mean the Virtual Keyboard Patch for Hebrew keyboard, it is in this thread.

And yes, as I have modified the file to include Arabic layout inplace of the QWERTZ one, the checksum has changed. Therefore, running the stock patch files will result in an error in identifying the webOS version of the current LunaSysMgr.
  9.    #389  
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    that's nice good work, it's not for WebOS 1.4.5 and only for WebOS 2.1.0 right?

I no longer use webos 2.1.0 on my Pre Plus, there is a bug in Device menu and and 2.1.0 makes my Pre Plus much hot and drain battery fast and hangs in sometimes for that I found WebOS 1.4.5 is best and fast and stable for Pre Plus.
    the Virtual Keyboard Patch found in Preware for 1.4.5 is stable and real I wish if you could add to it an arabic layout. Also it's operate by double clicking geasture area with ease
    I will give it a look.

Quote Originally Posted by addnaan View Post

with thanks
    It is already submitted to Preware.
    I don't quite get you. If you mean the Virtual Keyboard Patch for Hebrew keyboard, it is in this thread.

And yes, as I have modified the file to include Arabic layout inplace of the QWERTZ one, the checksum has changed. Therefore, running the stock patch files will result in an error in identifying the webOS version of the current LunaSysMgr.
    CvvB,
    شكرا جزيلا
    Everything Works!!
    Shneor
  11.    #391  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    CvvB,
    شكرا جزيلا
    Everything Works!!
    Great!

Glad to hear that.
    Updated TouchPad to 3.0.4 and now it keeps rebooting. Just wanted to let you know and see if there is a bug or not.
    Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work 3.0.4. I had to restore the original libWebKitLuna.so to stop it from continuously rebooting.
    Ok so I am not the only one having the reboot issue. I will be more than happy to help with testing an update.
    Argh! even restoring, libWebKitLuna.so didn't work. How do I downgrade to 3.0.2 again and where do I get the original HeiS_nb.ttf?
  16.    #396  
    Quote Originally Posted by mita981 View Post
    Updated TouchPad to 3.0.4 and now it keeps rebooting. Just wanted to let you know and see if there is a bug or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinano View Post
    Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work 3.0.4. I had to restore the original libWebKitLuna.so to stop it from continuously rebooting.
    Of course, it is not designated to be working over 3.0.4 ... I would expect it to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by sinano View Post
    Argh! even restoring, libWebKitLuna.so didn't work. How do I downgrade to 3.0.2 again and where do I get the original HeiS_nb.ttf?
    How did you restore it?

If you followed the same steps to send the original libWebKitLuna.so, it would help. Try it at least 10 times and it should work. While sending the original file, the Glowing effect for the HP logo would stop as if it would hang, when the sending is complete, it would take a bit of time till it does a Luna restart.
    I am actually doctoring mine back to 3.0.2 since reading Farsi is more important than the extra features in the update. I will be more than happy to help with testing though.
    The virtual keyboard is awesome. Is there anyway to add the missing letters for Farsi alphabet to the layout? For instance on iOS if you hold down ک you can type گ but here when I hold it down I get weird letters.
    can any one please do a video illustration for Arabization the touchpad? I think this is going to be very helpful for many people.
    Of course, it is not designated to be working over 3.0.4 ... I would expect it to do the same.

How did you restore it?

If you followed the same steps to send the original libWebKitLuna.so, it would help. Try it at least 10 times and it should work. While sending the original file, the Glowing effect for the HP logo would stop as if it would hang, when the sending is complete, it would take a bit of time till it does a Luna restart.
    Hi CvvB.
    I am wondering if the mapping needs to be redone for 3.04? I have not upgraded, and won't (if I have a choice and it is not pushed to me) because I'd rather keep the Arabic and Hebrew keyboards. In the meantime, I am keeping wifi turned off.
    Thx,
    Shneor
    Shneor