Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 750
Like Tree119Likes
  1. #21  
    Hi Can anyone help me in adding arabic font support to my touchpad ?
  2. #22  
    Maybe you should bold or CAPITALIZE the first line? I tried it on my new and shiny touchpad and it completely froze it. Can you PM me the original file?
  3. amjz's Avatar
    Posts
    451 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #23  
    i was left my Palm Pre for an iphone but this is make me to return to WebOS, i think that im gonna order a VEER if this really works ...
    Thanks much Shokran for this man
  4. #24  
    I'm just going to doctor mine...I found the WebOS doctor for 3.0.2 so I'm just using that to reset mine. However, I did unzip the doctor and put the file back into /usr/lib but it didn't help. Just in case anyone wants to try it, you can find it attached.

    EDIT: find it here box.net/shared/tosj81k00ocg2oga8qev
    Last edited by elimoon8; 08/28/2011 at 04:11 PM. Reason: File Link
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcuser1 View Post
    I was wondering If you're planning on releasing a TouchPad Arabization soon, because that's the only thing holding me from buying one.

    Thanks,
    Uploading it as we speak.

    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    i was left my Palm Pre for an iphone but this is make me to return to WebOS, i think that im gonna order a VEER if this really works ...
    Thanks much Shokran for this man
    It should work. I am trying to get ahold of the libWebKitLuna.so for webOS 2.2.0 so I can work on it ASAP.

    Thanks.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by elimoon8 View Post
    Maybe you should bold or CAPITALIZE the first line? I tried it on my new and shiny touchpad and it completely froze it. Can you PM me the original file?
    Sorry to double post, but I think that this is important to be said alone.

    I think it was my mistake that I didn't stress it out very clear and loud.

    For what is worth, here is the original libWebKitLune.so for webOS 3.0.2 for TouchPad
    libWebKitLuna.so

    Sorry for the confusion.

    Regards,
  7.    #27  
    First Post Updated.

    I uploaded the v0.8 version of the Arabization for webOS 3.0.2 which for the TouchPad.

    See if you see any impact on the speed of the device; personally, I haven't used the TouchPad to the point where I can judge. Afterall, it is not mine totally.

    Waiting for the feedbacks.

    Regards,
  8. #28  
    how about if you only want to add extra font packages to be able to read Arabic in websites (browser) and the email app on the touchpad ?

    saw a thread where someone added veitnamese language support to be able to browse veit websites by only adding an extra font package can someone direct me on how to do this ?
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by limitbreak View Post
    how about if you only want to add extra font packages to be able to read Arabic in websites (browser) and the email app on the touchpad ?

    saw a thread where someone added veitnamese language support to be able to browse veit websites by only adding an extra font package can someone direct me on how to do this ?
    In Arabic, it is a special case. A logic has to be implemented to shape the letters. if this logic was not implemented, you will end up with stand-alone letters.

    You can still give it a try by doing these steps:
    1. Rename you font of desire to the name "HeiS_nb.ttf" <MIND THE EXACT LETTER CASE ... LINUX IS CASE SENSETIVE>
    2. Send this file using QWOSI to the following dir: /usr/share/fonts
    3. Luna Restart your Device

    You can refer to the following thread for more information:
    Click Here!
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    First Post Updated.

    I uploaded the v0.8 version of the Arabization for webOS 3.0.2 which for the TouchPad.

    See if you see any impact on the speed of the device; personally, I haven't used the TouchPad to the point where I can judge. Afterall, it is not mine totally.

    Waiting for the feedbacks.

    Regards,
    Guys, becareful applying this file, it didn't work for me, bricked the thing.
    Lucky this time I had a backup ready

    FYI, it kept beeping at startup ... beep ...3 sec ... beep and HP icon flashing.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by haqman View Post
    Guys, becareful applying this file, it didn't work for me, bricked the thing.
    Lucky this time I had a backup ready

    FYI, it kept beeping at startup ... beep ...3 sec ... beep and HP icon flashing.
    O_O

    Are you sure?

    Which HP TouchPad version did you have?

    It works with me like charm! HP TouchPad 3.0.2

    I think you mean it ruined the HP Pre 3 ... Correct? Then, I didn't still do anything for HP Pre3 webOS version 2.2! If you looked at the first post, I had versions for webOS 2.1 and webOS 3.0.2 ... Nothing for webOS 2.2

    Regards,
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    O_O

    Are you sure?

    Which HP TouchPad version did you have?

    It works with me like charm! HP TouchPad 3.0.2

    I think you mean it ruined the HP Pre 3 ... Correct? Then, I didn't still do anything for HP Pre3 webOS version 2.2! If you looked at the first post, I had versions for webOS 2.1 and webOS 3.0.2 ... Nothing for webOS 2.2

    Regards,
    Salam,

    No, not the pre 3, but the latest touchpad (yes, I did ruin my pre 3 ... actually )

    .... ooops, I think I know what the issue is! There is difference in libWebKitLuna.so files between WebOS V3.0.2 and V3.0.0 (Which is my version)

    I am getting the latest version installed, will test it and let you know.

    Thanks.
  13. #33  
    Salam all and Eid Mubarak

    I can confirm the patch works with WebOS 3.0.2, and not 3.0.0

    I thank you very much for this hard work, and I appreciate if you can give me some tips on how to get this working for other versions.

    Are you modifying sourcecode and recompiling, or modifying it by disassembling and patching bin file?

    BTW, the font in your screenshots look a lot better than my ones, are you sure they are arial?

    Wassalam.
  14. #34  
    Any ETA on the persian character support?

    Thanks, and Great work!
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by haqman View Post
    Salam all and Eid Mubarak

    I can confirm the patch works with WebOS 3.0.2, and not 3.0.0

    I thank you very much for this hard work, and I appreciate if you can give me some tips on how to get this working for other versions.

    Are you modifying sourcecode and recompiling, or modifying it by disassembling and patching bin file?

    BTW, the font in your screenshots look a lot better than my ones, are you sure they are arial?

    Wassalam.
    Wa Elikum Essslam ... Eid Mubarak to you too !

    Glad to hear that.

    I am too lazy to do such. I tried doing that once and was stumbled by the libraries needed and said forget it all. I hand modify all the ELF structure and append my code.

    It is Traditional Arabic. But, I dropped it because of its weak implementation of the Unicode Standard which caused problems with Tashkeel. Revise one of my previous post.



    Quote Originally Posted by Neonn View Post
    Any ETA on the persian character support?

    Thanks, and Great work!
    Hopefully, soon this comming week. I think you can be a great assist to me to test this then ;D as I suck at Persian.

    Regards,
    Last edited by CvvB; 09/14/2011 at 03:01 AM.
  16. #36  
    thank you so much. my touchpad can show arabic now. waiting eagerly for urdu support much appreciate.

    i tested it on hp touchpad 32gb with webos 3.0.2, arabic is just fine & urdu character set appear to work but broken in terms that only the commone character appear perfect rest apear stand alone. i will try to post a screen capture
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by imranhameed; 08/30/2011 at 01:36 AM. Reason: adding more information
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Hopefully, soon this comming week. I think you can be a great assist to me to test this then ;D as I suck at Persian.

    Regards,
    Eid Mubarak!

    Sounds awesome! This is mainly for my parents, but I will ensure to give you feedback.

    Thanks again

    Cheers!
  18.    #38  
    First Post Updated.

    I have added support for Persian, Urdu and Sindhi Characters. Please, for whomever they can judge if the implementation is correct, I need a feedback wither it is good or bad.

    I have notice a nasty bug where I mistakenly change Semi-Colon to an Arabic Percentage sign by mistake, it is fixed now.

    I also have added support to Shadda with Madd.

    Last but not least, I have been testing a work around for the Shadda combinations. I have modified the font arial to report these Glyphs as zero width, although it this does not comply with the Unicode Standard, but it solves the problem. I will see if I can upload the font once I am done testing.

    Quote Originally Posted by imranhameed View Post
    thank you so much. my touchpad can show arabic now. waiting eagerly for urdu support much appreciate.

    i tested it on hp touchpad 32gb with webos 3.0.2, arabic is just fine & urdu character set appear to work but broken in terms that only the commone character appear perfect rest apear stand alone. i will try to post a screen capture
    You can start testing it out now

    Regards,
    Last edited by CvvB; 09/19/2011 at 07:07 PM.
    imranhameed likes this.
  19. #39  
    Persian is working out perfectly so far!

    Thanks!!!
    CvvB likes this.
  20. #40  
    now its a perfect eid gift for my parents, thanks a lot. you rock.

    urdu screen shot attached
    Attached Images Attached Images
    CvvB likes this.
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions