Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes
  1.    #341  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    Hi CvvB,
    I've posted in a couple of other threads, but you might not have seen those. I have installed Arabic and Hebrew fonts, they both work well. I installed your Arabic kayboard, which worked beautifully (works in Quickoffice and text editor also) although would be nice to see the letters begin on the right-hand side of the screen. Then I installed a Hebrew keyboard. For a few minutes, I had three alphabets on keyboards. Then I rebooted the Touchpad, and Arabic disappeared. I had two Hebrew keyboards and the English one. I re-installed LunaSysMgr (your version) and got back two Arabic keyboards, and the stock English keyboard, but no Hebrew keyboard. If you have any insight as to what causes this and if it's something easily fixed, I would very much appreciate any insights you might have.
    Shukran Gezilan,
    Shneor
    It could be because the fact that all the keyboards that are modified are the Azerty ones; therefore, you are overriding one by installing the other. Can you point for me the keyboard that you used for me to make sure?

Regards,
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    CvvB, do you use webos 1.4.5 on yout Pre Plus?
    There is a patch on Preware called Virtual Keyboard, it run by double clicking the Gesture area, its an English Virtual Keyboard, could this Patch be modified to show Arabic Letters instead of english ones?
    أرجو قراءة المكتوب في الصورة المرفقة

الصورة المرفقة لسكايب هي لظهور الكتابة عبى جهاز الآي فون 4

فهي تظهر كمربعات عن الكتابة من الآتش بي تاتش باد

وتظهر ككلمات مقلوبة الحروف عند رؤيتها عبر الكمبيوتر

شكرا جزيلا
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wzaydan; 10/05/2011 at 08:56 AM.
  4.    #344  
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    CvvB, do you use webos 1.4.5 on yout Pre Plus?
    There is a patch on Preware called Virtual Keyboard, it run by double clicking the Gesture area, its an English Virtual Keyboard, could this Patch be modified to show Arabic Letters instead of english ones?
    I will look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by wzaydan View Post
    أرجو قراءة المكتوب في الصورة المرفقة

الصورة المرفقة لسكايب هي لظهور الكتابة عبى جهاز الآي فون 4

فهي تظهر كمربعات عن الكتابة من الآتش بي تاتش باد

وتظهر ككلمات مقلوبة الحروف عند رؤيتها عبر الكمبيوتر

شكرا جزيلا
    Good ... So the squares while typing was due to partly corrupted Arabic Keyboard and Arabization ...

Skype is basically due to the messaging application, I will give it a look during the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    It could be because the fact that all the keyboards that are modified are the Azerty ones; therefore, you are overriding one by installing the other. Can you point for me the keyboard that you used for me to make sure?

Regards,
    Hi CvvB,
    The instructions and files for the Hebrew keyboard are located here: Palm Preacher –
    Thank you.
    Shneor
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  6.    #346  
    Hi CvvB,
    The instructions and files for the Hebrew keyboard are located here: Palm Preacher
    Thank you.
    Shneor
    Excatly what I thought, the Hebrew keyboard is occupying the same layout the Arabic one does ... I will modify the Arabic keyboard to occupy the Qwertz one; I am not wither that will make the Hebrew keyboard unable to be installed as the MD5 will be changed for the libWebKitLuna.so ...!

I will give it ago during the weekend.
    Excatly what I thought, the Hebrew keyboard is occupying the same layout the Arabic one does ... I will modify the Arabic keyboard to occupy the Qwertz one; I am not wither that will make the Hebrew keyboard unable to be installed as the MD5 will be changed for the libWebKitLuna.so ...!

I will give it ago during the weekend.
    Thank you again!! I noticed that there is no Hebrew entry in locale.txt - I guess it is not necessary. It seems that the product of your modification will be a new LunaSysMgr, is that correct? In any case, I'll try it out and report back.

Best,
    Shneor
    Shneor
    Thank you CvvB for your great efforts in making this hack and for your easy to follow procedure. I now have a TouchPad that reads Arabic without issues. I look forward for the Arabic keyboard.
    Touchpad can read AND write arabic with the keyboard from this post.

why is everyone saying waiting for keyboard?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...ml#post3174698
    CvvB and Hawatmeh76 like this.
    I will look into it.

Good ... So the squares while typing was due to partly corrupted Arabic Keyboard and Arabization ...

Skype is basically due to the messaging application, I will give it a look during the weekend.
    السلام عليكم أحبتي
    CvvBعزيزي

I just got my new hp touchpad. Should I wait for Arabization until you finalize it?, or I can go ahead and do the process now. What's do you recommend me to do?
  11.    #351  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahkt View Post
    السلام عليكم أحبتي
    CvvBعزيزي

I just got my new hp touchpad. Should I wait for Arabization until you finalize it?, or I can go ahead and do the process now. What's do you recommend me to do?
    I would say go ahead and use it. It doesn't harm the device in anyway you could imagin. I cannot deny that there are few bugs, but nothing too major. It is all listed in the first post.
    I saved some Arabic text from my class in Quickoffice HD, but when I opened the file today, Arabic was gone to be replaced with some odd-looking latin-style characters with umlauts, etc. But text editor saves the files as Arabic.

I have also installed Ubuntu on my touchpad, and use a virtual keyboard called Onboard. Does anyone know of Arabization for Ubuntu? I have Libreoffice installed on Ubuntu.

Later: Instructions for Arabic keyboard in Ubuntu are here:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Arabic

But I need to use mouse clicks, now I have to find out about using a wifi or bluetooth mouse on my TP.

Thx,
    Shneor
    Last edited by shneor; 10/07/2011 at 05:41 PM.
    Shneor
    Is there arabic file for HP Pre3

Best Regards
  14.    #354  
    I saved some Arabic text from my class in Quickoffice HD, but when I opened the file today, Arabic was gone to be replaced with some odd-looking latin-style characters with umlauts, etc. But text editor saves the files as Arabic.
    I am looking currently into the problem of Arabization and text input in the TP. Can you please fire-up any memo application, type something in Arabic, Save that, and send it to me?

I know in the messaging appilcation, the TP messes everything up; however, in the Pre everything works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by lazorde View Post
    Is there arabic file for HP Pre3

Best Regards
    wow ... Did they release another version? I will check the doctor; although, I doubt that I would find anything.

EDIT:
    Ohh yes .... I couldn't find the webOS doctor in the webOS Internalz wiki. If you can provide with the link, I would be thankful
    Last edited by CvvB; 10/08/2011 at 12:46 AM.
    السلام عليكم

CvvB, جزاك الله خيرا Your work is amazing bro! ماشاءالله!!!

For those that might be interested, I just posted a phonetic arabic keyboard patch at:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3197914

It's based on work by Shura and amjz (Thanks guys!) and maps the Arabic letters to their English phonetic equivalents. Ex. ب is on the b, م on the m, ن on the n, etc...
    For those of you like me who are used to English keyboards, this really helps. I've also posted a version for Windows Vista/7...

It's still pretty beta but it works! I've used it on a Pre Plus, and currently use it on my Pre2, Veer and Pre3! Hope you guys like it!
  16.    #356  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDueler View Post
    السلام عليكم

CvvB, جزاك الله خيرا Your work is amazing bro! ماشاءالله!!!

For those that might be interested, I just posted a phonetic arabic keyboard patch at:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3197914

It's based on work by Shura and amjz (Thanks guys!) and maps the Arabic letters to their English phonetic equivalents. Ex. ب is on the b, م on the m, ن on the n, etc...
    For those of you like me who are used to English keyboards, this really helps. I've also posted a version for Windows Vista/7...

It's still pretty beta but it works! I've used it on a Pre Plus, and currently use it on my Pre2, Veer and Pre3! Hope you guys like it!
    You have a Pre3?

Can you send messages using messaging just fine using my Arabization?

Regards,
    EDIT:
    Ohh yes .... I couldn't find the webOS doctor in the webOS Internalz wiki. If you can provide with the link, I would be thankful [/QUOTE]

i can not attached linke

i will try after 10 post
    Finally, this is the like

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Pre 3
    HSTNH-F30CN: W3BD1XXXXXXX
    version 2.2.3 http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/manta...23mantaatt.jar
  19.    #359  
    Quote Originally Posted by lazorde View Post
    Finally, this is the like

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Pre 3
    HSTNH-F30CN: W3BD1XXXXXXX
    version 2.2.3 http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/manta...23mantaatt.jar
    Ohhh ... I missed that because I was checking the Unlocked Pre3

You can extract the libWebKitLuna.so and do a simple MD5, then check if the MD5 matches the one I have posted in the first post. 72% chance that they match .

EDIT:
    They are not the same. I will work on it once I get the chance.
    Last edited by CvvB; 10/08/2011 at 07:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by limitbreak View Post
    Hi Can anyone help me in adding arabic font support to my touchpad ?
    any luck I also can not read web pages in arabic called HP they reply my be in the future! Can some one help whatever posted seems to fit for palm phones rather than touch pad since webOS Wi Does not recognize touchpad.
    thanks all for hard work