Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    I didn't even mention the work Keyboard in my post ... What are you asking about exactly?

That post was talking about the Arabization solution for Veer, which makes the Veer read Arabic with no problems.
    why are you talking like I insulted you? Anyways, I installed and it worked awesome. The touchpad can read arabic now which is all I need. thanks for your work. much appreciated.

edit: and note on original post, can you put a description at the top that says what the patch will do because I had to go through several pages to find out if the keyboard is included fearing it would replace the English keyboard. Describing the patch as "Arabization" is too broad and can be understood to mean different things for different people.
    Salaam,
    I'm trying to do the method listed below:
    Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    I recently Doctored my Pre- with WebOS 2.1 Doctor. and i found that it brings RTL support including Arabic
    in WebOS 1.4.5 Arabic was showen as BLANK and the replacing Font trick dosnt work! and that because of leaked support in WebOS system files.

Now on WebOS 2.1 the replacing font trick works for Arabic, but not any font, for that i got an Arabic Font from Android, which is a Connected Arabic Font that displays Arabic well and make it readable. the font attached as an attachment.
    BTW that works everywhere in WebOS including SMS/Web/memos/Calender/apps/ and so on ...

This is HOW TO Enable Arabic (Only for WebOS 2.1) :
    1. Download the attached file called: "HeiS_nb.zip"
    2. Unzip "HeiS_nb.zip" to get the "HeiS_nb.ttf"
    3. Connect you Palm Pre to WOSQI
    4. From Menu click on "Tools" then choose "Send File"
    5. Now choose the ""HeiS_nb.ttf" from your PC and type "/usr/share/fonts/" to send the font to your Fonts Folder.
    6. Restart your Palm Pre.
    7. Thats it your Pre is now reads Arabic.

Now i think it is possible to make an On-Screen Keyboard to Write Arabic like Hebrew and other languages ... Could anybody please help me out to make it using the attached font?
    thnx

However, I'm using a MACbook, not a PC. Can anyone explain how to do this with a MACbook?
  3.    #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman43 View Post
    why are you talking like I insulted you? Anyways, I installed and it worked awesome. The touchpad can read arabic now which is all I need. thanks for your work. much appreciated.

edit: and note on original post, can you put a description at the top that says what the patch will do because I had to go through several pages to find out if the keyboard is included fearing it would replace the English keyboard. Describing the patch as "Arabization" is too broad and can be understood to mean different things for different people.
    I apologyz to you if you got the post wrong. I wasn't really trying to imply anything by saying what I have said. I was honestly and innocently asking as I was confused by your question. But, I guess conveying tones over the internet is very hard .

I am sorry for the consfusion, we have two posts: Main post for reading Arabic, and one for introducing the Arabic Keyboard here. I thought that it was clear that the Keyboard was not included as it was under the "Things Left To Do", but I guess I was wrong. I will try to make this more clear.

Glad it worked for you.

Quote Originally Posted by wzaydan View Post
    Salam

First of all, I really want to thank you CvvB for the Big effort...

I'm facing problem when I’m using the Arabic keyboard with Skype...

The first word is appearing good ... the rest words, the Characters appear inverted

Please see pic attached

Can u help please?

tx
    Wa Alikum Elsalam,

No problems .

Can you please tell me the following:
    What device do you have?
    What webOS version do you have?
    Which version of Arabization did you install?

Regards,
    Last edited by CvvB; 10/03/2011 at 12:21 AM.
    Salam

HP TouchPad

webOS 3.0.2

v0.9r2

Tx
  5.    #325  
    Salam

HP TouchPad

webOS 3.0.2

v0.9r2

Tx
    And this happens only in Skype?
    I want to reproduce this on my tablet so I can debug it.
    I try only Skype ...
  7.    #327  
    I try only Skype ...
    How can I get Skype on the TouchPad?
    I tried to search around but couldn't see anything that mention Skype for webOS; unless you mean the mobile version of Skype.

EDIT:
    I added a Skype account and I tested the aforementioned bug. It does exist and it is a bug in the messaging application just like the bug in the Copy and Paste functionality. The messaging application is reading the data from the reshaped text rather then the original text.
    Last edited by CvvB; 10/03/2011 at 05:12 PM.
    is there a way to switch between Arabic keyboard and English without making it through regional settings.. ?
  9.    #329  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawatmeh76 View Post
    is there a way to switch between Arabic keyboard and English without making it through regional settings.. ?
    You can add two layouts. Then, you will see a new button added with the Language so you click that and you will switch the layouts.
  10.    #330  
    Sorry to double post ...

I found out why the Arabic characters were not being shown in webOS 1.4.5 ...!

If you want to try it without my Arabization code, go to this offset on any Hex Editor 0x7A878 and change 0x06 to 0x07 ... By doing so, the simple trick of font changing will work with you and you can see Arabic Characters; however, as expected, these characters will not be connected ... Therefore, I patched the file so now it supports Full and Correct Arabic Shaping.

I have updated the first post with the patched libWebKitLuna.so for webOS 1.4.5 with full Arabic rendering support.

The font name is not the same as webOS 2.X and 3.X, the font should be renamed as "VL-PGothic-Regular.ttf" instead.

Screenshot of the Arabization running on my Palm Pre Plus with webOS 1.4.5 :

WARNING:
    As far as I know, Pixi is not using armv7; therefore, please, don't use the files for Pixi until I make sure that they are compatible or until I patch another version for the Palm Pixi.
    Last edited by CvvB; 10/04/2011 at 04:19 PM.
    amjz likes this.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Thanks much CvvB
    I will doctor right now to WebOS 1.4.5
    what is the Quran app that showen in screenshot above?

I want to order a Palm Pixi Plus and if Arabic works on it i will be so happy, i really like the form factor of Pixi than the Pre ... please if you have a chance to patch the webos 1.4.5 for Pixi please do it
  12.    #332  
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    Thanks much CvvB
    I will doctor right now to WebOS 1.4.5
    what is the Quran app that showen in screenshot above?

I want to order a Palm Pixi Plus and if Arabic works on it i will be so happy, i really like the form factor of Pixi than the Pre ... please if you have a chance to patch the webos 1.4.5 for Pixi please do it
    It is not an application, it is the Tanzil website. It is an excellent website for Quran and Tafseer.

If you will order a Pixi, then you will be my beta tester for the Palm Pixi's version !

A question though, if you have webOS 2.1.0, why would switch back to webOS 1.4.5? Is it faster on Pre-/+ then the webOS 2.1.0?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    It is not an application, it is the Tanzil website. It is an excellent website for Quran and Tafseer.

If you will order a Pixi, then you will be my beta tester for the Palm Pixi's version !

A question though, if you have webOS 2.1.0, why would switch back to webOS 1.4.5? Is it faster on Pre-/+ then the webOS 2.1.0?
    thnx for the site ...
    ya no problem i wanna test but it takes 2 to 3 weeks to order from ebay and arrive .. could u make it with emulator or somthin? it is possible right for pixi to read arabic ?

i tried webos 2.1 on Pre - and its slow even after overclocking it to 1GHz. and on Pre + webos 2.1 works fine but there is a noticable slow down after filling it with apps and data but its usable.
    webos 1.4.5 run fast on Pre -/+ ... for me i dont care about the webos 2.1 stacks card or exhibition or just type ... i do care about performance on Pre - / + and arabic read and write
    There is problem is Skype receiver they got mix
    for example السلام
    they get ملاسلا

بالعربي

الي يستقبل على الاسكايب يطلع الكلام بالمعكوس
  15.    #335  
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    thnx for the site ...
    ya no problem i wanna test but it takes 2 to 3 weeks to order from ebay and arrive .. could u make it with emulator or somthin? it is possible right for pixi to read arabic ?

i tried webos 2.1 on Pre - and its slow even after overclocking it to 1GHz. and on Pre + webos 2.1 works fine but there is a noticable slow down after filling it with apps and data but its usable.
    webos 1.4.5 run fast on Pre -/+ ... for me i dont care about the webos 2.1 stacks card or exhibition or just type ... i do care about performance on Pre - / + and arabic read and write
    I think Pixi can read Arabic. I cannot see any reason why wouldn't be able to. i will try enabling the Pixi to read the Arabic Glyphs as I have explained in my post before. But, the emulator is different then the device itself; therefore, it is a waste of time to do it on the emulator.

Quote Originally Posted by lazorde View Post
    There is problem is Skype receiver they got mix
    for example السلام
    they get ملاسلا

بالعربي

الي يستقبل على الاسكايب يطلع الكلام بالمعكوس
    People have been reporting this problem. But, is it happening only in Skype? Because in Messaging App in the Pre 2, everything is working fine.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    just finished doctoring my Pre Plus with WebOS 1.4.5 and it reads Arabic now !!! wow
    CvvB likes this.
    السلام عليكم

سأكتب بالعربيه هذه المرة

التصفح عبر النت تظهر العربية بشكل ممتاز

ولكن عند استخدام سكايب تظهر كما ذكرنا مقلوبة

وأيضا هناك بعض الأحرف العربية ضمن الكيبورد تظهر كمستطيلات عن محاولة كتابتها

وأيضا الحروف التابعة كحرف (ؤ - ئ .... ) لا تظهر عند الضغط على الواو مثلا والياء ...

أرجو النظر الى الصورة المرفقة

شكرا على المساعدة
    Attached Images Attached Images
    الكتابة باللغة العربية في المفكرة التابعة لجوجل تظهر أيضا كمربعات

انظر للملف المرفق

شكرا
    Attached Images Attached Images
  19.    #339  
    السلام عليكم

سأكتب بالعربيه هذه المرة

التصفح عبر النت تظهر العربية بشكل ممتاز

ولكن عند استخدام سكايب تظهر كما ذكرنا مقلوبة

وأيضا هناك بعض الأحرف العربية ضمن الكيبورد تظهر كمستطيلات عن محاولة كتابتها

وأيضا الحروف التابعة كحرف (ؤ - ئ .... ) لا تظهر عند الضغط على الواو مثلا والياء ...

أرجو النظر الى الصورة المرفقة

شكرا على المساعدة
    الكتابة باللغة العربية في المفكرة التابعة لجوجل تظهر أيضا كمربعات

انظر للملف المرفق

شكرا
    I will check both problems once I get the chance to have my hands on the TouchPad.

EDIT:
    Just checked it, I cannot see the same problem. I think you might had a bad Arabization file. Try to redownload it and reinstall along with the font just to make sure.

Last edited by CvvB; 10/05/2011 at 01:04 AM.
    Hi CvvB,
    I've posted in a couple of other threads, but you might not have seen those. I have installed Arabic and Hebrew fonts, they both work well. I installed your Arabic kayboard, which worked beautifully (works in Quickoffice and text editor also) although would be nice to see the letters begin on the right-hand side of the screen. Then I installed a Hebrew keyboard. For a few minutes, I had three alphabets on keyboards. Then I rebooted the Touchpad, and Arabic disappeared. I had two Hebrew keyboards and the English one. I re-installed LunaSysMgr (your version) and got back two Arabic keyboards, and the stock English keyboard, but no Hebrew keyboard. If you have any insight as to what causes this and if it's something easily fixed, I would very much appreciate any insights you might have.
    Shukran Gezilan,
    Shneor
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad