Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    this trick dosnt work same problem
    I just tried it on My pre 2 ... It is not a trick, it is a test that you perform to make sure of problem are we dealing with here.

The test confirmed my doubts, the copy and paste is taking the exact letters that are already reshaped, although they should take the original text and not the reshaped one; therefore, if you change the text, it won't change much as it is already ruined.

The is the same behaviour that my arabization used to make in pre-v0.7 era.
    Thanks for this great help!

Does anyone know if we need to reinstall any patches that have been applied before arabization once arabization is complete? i.e. do any patches affect libWebKitLuna.so and therefore once we overwrite our own copy with the one on the first post we will lose any changes made to our original version because it is different?

Thank you.
    I just got my hands on the touchpad, and in no time I had the Arabic fonts enabled, I'm not sure I think I had the Heis_nb.tff I believe there are some better fonts, if there is, please advise which , and how to replace the old Arabic fonts.... At the end I want to say thank you for making this happen :-)
    i have a new hp veer 4g

can any one write what do i have to do to make it read arabic

because i saw many ways

what is the best way to do that ??
  5.    #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by alkendy View Post
    i have a new hp veer 4g

can any one write what do i have to do to make it read arabic

because i saw many ways

what is the best way to do that ??
    Veer ... Hmmmm!

I am not sure if it will fit the same webOS 2.2 files I have patched. I will check and report back if they will.

Anyways, the steps and the "how" is there in the first post along with the guide. However, let me see if they will fit just fine.

Regards,
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Veer ... Hmmmm!

I am not sure if it will fit the same webOS 2.2 files I have patched. I will check and report back if they will.

Anyways, the steps and the "how" is there in the first post along with the guide. However, let me see if they will fit just fine.

Regards,
    what is the diffrence between your way and this way

I recently Doctored my Pre- with WebOS 2.1 Doctor. and i found that it brings RTL support including Arabic
    in WebOS 1.4.5 Arabic was showen as BLANK and the replacing Font trick dosnt work! and that because of leaked support in WebOS system files.

Now on WebOS 2.1 the replacing font trick works for Arabic, but not any font, for that i got an Arabic Font from Android, which is a Connected Arabic Font that displays Arabic well and make it readable. the font attached as an attachment.
    BTW that works everywhere in WebOS including SMS/Web/memos/Calender/apps/ and so on ...

This is HOW TO Enable Arabic (Only for WebOS 2.1) :
    1. Download the attached file called: "HeiS_nb.zip"
    2. Unzip "HeiS_nb.zip" to get the "HeiS_nb.ttf"
    3. Connect you Palm Pre to WOSQI
    4. From Menu click on "Tools" then choose "Send File"
    5. Now choose the ""HeiS_nb.ttf" from your PC and type "/usr/share/fonts/" to send the font to your Fonts Folder.
    6. Restart your Palm Pre.
    7. Thats it your Pre is now reads Arabic.

Now i think it is possible to make an On-Screen Keyboard to Write Arabic like Hebrew and other languages ... Could anybody please help me out to make it using the attached font?
    thnx
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    First I would like to say thanks for the post and the current progress of everyone contributing here.
    As for my concern, when visiting sites like quranexplorer it many cases it looks weird especially when there are many "tashkeels" on a letter.
    I have tried a few fonts; these are three that are the best, but are far from perfect.

(not in order)
    1 ) Recommended arialuni.ttf (from the first post of this thread) :: 22.1 MB
    2 ) modified so that it won't cause problems with Harakat Combinations arialuni.ttf (from the first post of this thread) :: 21.8 MB
    3 ) PDMS_IslamicFont from quranexplorer although it has problems with normal Arabic :: 116 KB
    4 ) DroidSansArabic (from other posts of this thread) :: 1.11 MB

Does anyone (especially @ CvvB) knows how to sort this out !!! or perhaps someone compiling or simply adding more front trial screenshot of the same window for people to compare fronts against
    thanks
    Regards

Fahed - Touchpad WebOS 3.0.2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fahed2000; 09/23/2011 at 06:56 PM.
    how to replace the fonts?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    rename the font to " Heis_nb.tff " and send it to " /usr/share/fonts/ " as shown in the Arabization Guide [available in post # 1 of this thread by CvvB]
    if u did not change anything yet and your device is still on the stock font; then plz receive the stock font using "/usr/share/fonts/Heis_nb.tff " [procedure shown in the guide for the "libWebKitLuna.so"] and post it on this thread, This is because I forgot to backup my original font. and others might feel like restoring to stock at some point [also specify which OS version and Device for reference]
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    CvvB, I'm using the font you edited with tashkeel, and I got this problem like you see in photo:

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...-temp-1jpg.jpg

Did you noticed that?
    As I told you before I'm using Palm Pre Plus WebOS 2.1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmsoz View Post
    Slam, Hi..
    Thanks All

I have 2 problems, Before that let me tell u what I did:

1. Turn on Developer mode. This is done by just typing the konami code in to the search.
    “upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart”

2. Install webOS Quick Install

3. Download the webOS 3.0.2 V.09 from the 1st page.

4. Download the arialuni.ttf

5. Rename it to HeiS_nb.ttf

6. Open webOS Quick Install.

7. After webOS Quick Install connects with your Tablet, go to Tools -> Send File

8. Select the file you downloaded HeiS_nb.ttf

9. Select destination folder to: /usr/share/fonts

10. Press send to device button. - Device should say "successfully sent"

11. Choose the file you have downloaded V.08 libWebKitLuna.so or/and V.09 libWebKitLuna.so

12. Put "/usr/lib" as your destination

13. Click "Send"

14. Restart my Tablet

I used my PC with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
    I Have HP ToucPad Tablet WebOS v. 3.0.2 32GB

I did All that at the end I got
    س ل ا م ع ل ي ك م
    Not
    سلام عليكم

1. What was wrong, and What I have to do?
    Please Step by step, because there are many steps in this post

2. So now I can read, But how can Write, Any Keyboards.... and APPS?

Thank you so much
    check this website :

forums.precentral.net/hp-touchpad-homebrew/297295-keyboard-layouts-patches.html

Use Farsi keyboard patch for Persian/Arabic keyboard for Hp Touchpad.
  12.    #252  
    what is the diffrence between your way and this way
    My way is basically reshaping the whole Arabic text to have a perfectly rendered scripts. The other way is just replacing all characters by their mid-shape to have a kind of psudo-shaped scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by fahed2000 View Post
    First I would like to say thanks for the post and the current progress of everyone contributing here.
    As for my concern, when visiting sites like quranexplorer it many cases it looks weird especially when there are many "tashkeels" on a letter.
    I have tried a few fonts; these are three that are the best, but are far from perfect.

(not in order)
    1 ) Recommended arialuni.ttf (from the first post of this thread) :: 22.1 MB
    2 ) modified so that it won't cause problems with Harakat Combinations arialuni.ttf (from the first post of this thread) :: 21.8 MB
    3 ) PDMS_IslamicFont from quranexplorer although it has problems with normal Arabic :: 116 KB
    4 ) DroidSansArabic (from other posts of this thread) :: 1.11 MB

Does anyone (especially @ CvvB) knows how to sort this out !!! or perhaps someone compiling or simply adding more front trial screenshot of the same window for people to compare fronts against
    thanks
    Regards

Fahed - Touchpad WebOS 3.0.2
    Thanks for reporting this, I till definitly give it a look. I can see that the site uses the other Sukun that is used mostly in Qura'an, I know that shape is not included yet.

Meanwhile, check by using the latest version available and modified font that I have uploaded ealier.

CvvB, I'm using the font you edited with tashkeel, and I got this problem like you see in photo:

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...-temp-1jpg.jpg

Did you noticed that?
    As I told you before I'm using Palm Pre Plus WebOS 2.1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I have noticed it in some areas. I will try to fix the font and upload it again.

Quote Originally Posted by fahed2000 View Post
    rename the font to " Heis_nb.tff " and send it to " /usr/share/fonts/ " as shown in the Arabization Guide [available in post # 1 of this thread by CvvB]
    if u did not change anything yet and your device is still on the stock font; then plz receive the stock font using "/usr/share/fonts/Heis_nb.tff " [procedure shown in the guide for the "libWebKitLuna.so"] and post it on this thread, This is because I forgot to backup my original font. and others might feel like restoring to stock at some point [also specify which OS version and Device for reference]
    You can extract the font needed from the webOS doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamyar View Post
    check this website :

forums.precentral.net/hp-touchpad-homebrew/297295-keyboard-layouts-patches.html

Use Farsi keyboard patch for Persian/Arabic keyboard for Hp Touchpad.
    You beat me to it. I was working on a tool, which I will post later on, when I found this thread. Then, I knew that my work was just a duplication of someone else.
    Veer ... Hmmmm!

Regards,
    have you checked the veer ?
  14.    #254  
    First Post Updated ...

I found a bug while working on the Arabic Keyboard on the TouchPad. Description of the bug is stated in the first post. Enjoy!

have you checked the veer ?
    I am downloading the webOS doctor as we speak; you can make it easier for me by uploading the libWebKitLuna.so and PM it to me.

If you cannot, it is fine. I will get back to you in half an hour.

EDIT:
    I just checked and it turned out that the Veer is using webOS 2.1.2 ... I have to create a new patch for that. I don't think you can use any of the patches posted in here. Unless you want to risk it and try webOS 2.1.0 patch ... I will start working on it as soon as I can.

Regards,
    Last edited by CvvB; 09/24/2011 at 03:32 AM.
  15.    #255  
    Okay Guys ...

THIS IS OBSOLETE. THIS IS ONLY FOR webOS 3.0.2!!!

Here it is, finally ... Arabic Keyboard for the TouchPad. I still have to go through the Extension set for Long Presses on each key, but most letters are there.

WARNING:
    I still didn't finalize this, so please, use it carefully. Make sure you know what you are doing before even thinking about attempting this. and BACKUP ALL YOUR FILES BEFORE DOING ANYTHING.

Credits:
    • Dmitry Silaev (Compvir) - For his more than nice guide on the parts of the Virtual Keyboard and the structure behind it.
    • Isaac Garzón (isagar2004) - For his marvelous patch for Regional Keys and changing Locales.
    • Anyone else I might have forgotten and/or not aware about that contributed to this.

Steps:
    • Connect your TouchPad to the PC using the USB cable and open the WOSQI
    • From WOSQI, go to (Tools -> Linux Commandline)
    • execute the following command by copy and paste: "initctl stop LunaSysMgr"
    • Your TouchPad will hand now. It is fine.
    • In QWOSI, send over the LunaSysMgr to the following destination: "/usr/bin"
    • In QWOSI, send over the locale.txt to the following destination: "/usr/lib/luna/customization"
    • Back to the Linux Commandline, type the following command and execute it: "initctl start LunaSysMgr"
    • Finally, your TouchPad will do a Luna Restart.
    • After the TouchPad finishes the Luna Restart, do a Shutdown and Start the device again
    • Go to "Regional Settings" on the TouchPad
    • Click on Add Keyboard, and choose the layout "Azerty" and the Language "Arabic"
    • Add another keyboard with layout "Qwerty" and Language "English"
    • Enjoy

Sources:

I have also done a tool that gives you a graphical representation of the Keyboard Layout in the Luna Manager and you can modify it. This is the tool that I have used to produce the attached files.

LunaSysMgr
    locale.txt

The Editor, which I hope I can finish soon:
    Screenshot.JPG

Screenshot of the current Layout of the Keyboard:
    Keyboard Layout.PNG
    Last edited by CvvB; 12/11/2011 at 02:13 AM.
    Salam brother I greatly thank you for all your efforts and may I ask you question.

I know how to backup my files through: settings - Backup.

but in case of any problem in installing the Arabic keyboard layout and my TP could not restart again, what I shall do to restore it again?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I can't wait for an OnScreen Arabic Keyboard for Palm Pe Plus WebOS 2.1
    I just checked and it turned out that the Veer is using webOS 2.1.2 ... I have to create a new patch for that. I don't think you can use any of the patches posted in here. Unless you want to risk it and try webOS 2.1.0 patch ... I will start working on it as soon as I can.

Regards,
    i dont want to risk it

is their any other safe way ?

is this safe

I recently Doctored my Pre- with WebOS 2.1 Doctor. and i found that it brings RTL support including Arabic
    in WebOS 1.4.5 Arabic was showen as BLANK and the replacing Font trick dosnt work! and that because of leaked support in WebOS system files.

Now on WebOS 2.1 the replacing font trick works for Arabic, but not any font, for that i got an Arabic Font from Android, which is a Connected Arabic Font that displays Arabic well and make it readable. the font attached as an attachment.
    BTW that works everywhere in WebOS including SMS/Web/memos/Calender/apps/ and so on ...

This is HOW TO Enable Arabic (Only for WebOS 2.1) :
    1. Download the attached file called: "HeiS_nb.zip"
    2. Unzip "HeiS_nb.zip" to get the "HeiS_nb.ttf"
    3. Connect you Palm Pre to WOSQI
    4. From Menu click on "Tools" then choose "Send File"
    5. Now choose the ""HeiS_nb.ttf" from your PC and type "/usr/share/fonts/" to send the font to your Fonts Folder.
    6. Restart your Palm Pre.
    7. Thats it your Pre is now reads Arabic.

Now i think it is possible to make an On-Screen Keyboard to Write Arabic like Hebrew and other languages ... Could anybody please help me out to make it using the attached font?
    thnx
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    i dont want to risk it

is their any other safe way ?

is this safe
    @alkendy replacing the font is safe to do, but still problem there in some letters that dont display well at the end of the word, also some characters not connected well, it works well on some sites but many arabic sites dont display well. for that use the CvvB work to solve those problems its better than using the font in my Post.
    but he say there is a risk